PDA

View Full Version : Neptune Exhausts

Deano
20th April 2004, 16:26
I heard an adverse comment made about Neptune Cans the other day and was after some feedback from anyone who has them fitted to their bike or anyone else who wants to put in their 2 cents worth.

I had some fitted last year after a bad experience with Arrows not fitting well and scraping against the swingarm. The Arrows didn't stay one the bike long enough to tell if it ran well with them on or not. Dyno showed an increase in mid range at least.

After putting the Neptune's on it missfired occasionally, (also has K&N's) and a power commander has done the trick in getting it to run smooth. The mid range feels as good as when the Arrows were on but hard to tell exactly. I will get it dyno'd again soon to check out the figures.

Any comments ?

James Deuce
20th April 2004, 17:05
I heard an adverse comment made about Neptune Cans the other day and was after some feedback from anyone who has them fitted to their bike or anyone else who wants to put in their 2 cents worth.

I had some fitted last year after a bad experience with Arrows not fitting well and scraping against the swingarm. The Arrows didn't stay one the bike long enough to tell if it ran well with them on or not. Dyno showed an increase in mid range at least.

After putting the Neptune's on it missfired occasionally, (also has K&N's) and a power commander has done the trick in getting it to run smooth. The mid range feels as good as when the Arrows were on but hard to tell exactly. I will get it dyno'd again soon to check out the figures.

Any comments ?

My comment would be to give Mark a call and tell him. He'll help sort it out.

I've got one on my currently not running CBR600 and it was a damn sight better than the rotted orignal that was on there, and certainly ran cleaner than a mate who had the same model.

Deano
20th April 2004, 17:22
My comment would be to give Mark a call and tell him. He'll help sort it out.

I've got one on my currently not running CBR600 and it was a damn sight better than the rotted orignal that was on there, and certainly ran cleaner than a mate who had the same model.

Shes running sweet now with the PCIIIr fitted - I was just a bit pissed at "a guy" at a bike shop who ran them down and wondered what other's thought.

spudchucka
20th April 2004, 22:13

Any comments ?
I have a Neptune on the TL and have nothing but good things to say about the product and service provided. Highly reccomended.

matthewt
20th April 2004, 22:33
Mark had my MV F4 for a couple of weeks so he could work out how to custom build the mid pipes. Couldn't of asked for a better job or nicer guy. Even to the point where he decided not to put his Neptune badges on the pipes because he thought it didn't look quite right.

I've never heard a bad word about him but have had many positive comments so I'm surprised to hear one of the shops have a go.

James Deuce
20th April 2004, 22:42
Shes running sweet now with the PCIIIr fitted - I was just a bit pissed at "a guy" at a bike shop who ran them down and wondered what other's thought.

Sorry bud, its been a blonde day all round.

I'm with Matt on this one, only heard good stuff about him, which is why I went to him. Saving up for my XMas pressie, which will be a pair of Neptunes for the TRX

LB
21st April 2004, 05:35
I entirely agree with all the above. We have Neptunes on three of our four bikes, and when I get my new Monster it'll be getting Neptunes fitted at the 10,000km mark too.

I suspect it's "sour grapes" by the particular shop, in an effort for them to sell their more expensive and not necessarily any better product?

Mark is a top guy, very helpful and knowledgeable.

As a matter of interest, do you want to tell us the shop?

Deano
21st April 2004, 08:41
I entirely agree with all the above. We have Neptunes on three of our four bikes, and when I get my new Monster it'll be getting Neptunes fitted at the 10,000km mark too.

I suspect it's "sour grapes" by the particular shop, in an effort for them to sell their more expensive and not necessarily any better product?

Mark is a top guy, very helpful and knowledgeable.

As a matter of interest, do you want to tell us the shop?

Just as I thought, I was more than happy with the service Mark provided.

Perhaps the person who made the comment is not selling as many cans as he would like and the number of Neptunes out there is quite considerable. Just park at the Taka's for an hour for proof.

I prefer not to slag off any shops or staff in such a large forum, but they are the local franchise dealer for my bike....... I may just go to Motomart in future.