PDA

View Full Version : did you watch GP?

martin
28th March 2006, 15:38
Great first race with a differant ending for a change!!! Whats happend to MAX ?::mega:

SimJen
28th March 2006, 15:46
Max is a homo :)
Noone wanted him so he tryed SBK and noone wanted him there either.
He's out of racing for 2006 and possibly forever???
He was too vocal about his machinery and it did him no favours with team bosses.

imdying
28th March 2006, 15:47
Max is a fag, his mouth is too big for his britches. Must bristle him something chronic that that little hoe Rossi wipes the floor with him every other week. He'll be in the GP also ran class before long :lol:

enigma51
28th March 2006, 15:48
The race was interesting pity about rossie as I think he and pedrossa would have had a good fight!

Maha
28th March 2006, 15:49
Great first race with a differant ending for a change!!! Whats happend to MAX ?::mega:
I think hes selling ice-cream out of the back of a van in Florida.......:shit:

Finn
28th March 2006, 15:50

Nobody wants him. Not even SBK. Rossi rubbed salt into Max's wound by stealing his sponsor too. Nasty.

Fishy
28th March 2006, 15:52
Maybe he is Rossi's new pit lane bitch. Hold my umbrella bitch!.

SimJen
28th March 2006, 15:55
Yeah Finn, the media were always keen to mention that Camel was Max's sponsor and the money was massive so he could get any ride. Must have really fucked Max off when they went with Rossi.
Im not sure Rossi would have done well in the Race he has been having major chatter problems with his bike. He has even reverted to his 2005 bike in testing after the first gp to see if he can work out whats up.
Hope he sorts it.
Old Dany Pedrosa did awesome though, first Motogp race since winning the 250 title and he finishes 2nd.......and Stoner in 6th place on his debut. Awesome, but I think it shows more about the state of Motogp having lost a lot of great riders than anything.

Deano
28th March 2006, 16:00
I fell asleep on the bloody couch half way through the 250's so missed it :pinch:

Old Dany Pedrosa did awesome though, first Motogp race since winning the 250 title and he finishes 2nd.......

Awesome, I thought Danny would be one to watch this year.

DemonWolf
28th March 2006, 16:23
haha.. same here Deano.. =(

but gettin a dvd from Finn.. so all Good =)

Motu
28th March 2006, 16:32
Poor Max,wrong place,wrong time - he was always critisised as a 250 rider in MotoGP,high corner speeds and smooth lines,when MotoGP was for ex WSB riders,late brake and slide out.Now the bikes are tamed with traction control and tyres have developed,they can be riden like a 250.So Hayden the ex dirt tracker is in big trouble trying to control the Honda,and little Dani who's far too small to handle a ''big'' bike show's how it's done.Now the way into the top class is through the tiddlers...and it's to Rossi's advantage he can do both.I'm going to be watching Pedrosa,that was a bloody good first effort,when everyone including himself talked him down....sandbagging?....just lucky?....

onearmedbandit
28th March 2006, 16:33
Must remember that Jerez is Danny's home track esentially, the guy knows every ripple and bump on that place. In saying that however I'm sure he'll be one to watch this year.

nudemetalz
28th March 2006, 16:33
Poor Rossi....

martin
28th March 2006, 16:42
bring back luca cadalora i say

TwoSeven
28th March 2006, 18:53
Must remember that Jerez is Danny's home track esentially, the guy knows every ripple and bump on that place. In saying that however I'm sure he'll be one to watch this year.

I shall be watching casey stoner - be interesting to see how he develops.

Pedrosa was good. Interesting to see the comparison that the 250 lines were having against the point and squirt technique. Perdosa was getting close mid corner, then losing the exit - so pretty even really.

stevedee
28th March 2006, 18:57
Shit, looks like I am the only Max fan left............

SPman
28th March 2006, 19:30

Max who?..............

martin
28th March 2006, 20:13
No i'm with you too, sad to see him go, there was some good racing between Max, Loris, and luca many years ago:spudwave:

imdying
29th March 2006, 11:39
.....in the world no less :lol:

denill
29th March 2006, 11:44
Old Dany Pedrosa did awesome though, first Motogp race since winning the 250 title and he finishes 2nd.......and Stoner in 6th place on his debut. Awesome, but I think it shows more about the state of Motogp having lost a lot of great riders than anything.

What a difference a season makes!!!!
Some may be interested in these test times at Jerez - after the MotoGP.
Stoner is the cat among the pigeons, eh............

Nicky Hayden (USA) Repsol Honda Team, 1’39.910

Sete Gibernau (SPA) Ducati Marlboro Team, 1’40.504

Loris Capirossi (ITA) Ducati Marlboro Team,1’40.798

Casey Stoner (AUS) Team LCR, 1’40.821

Dani Pedrosa (SPA) Repsol Honda Team, 1’40.845

Carlos Checa (SPA) Yamaha Tech 3, 1’40.932

Valentino Rossi (ITA) Camel Yamaha Team, 1’40.966

John Hopkins (AUS) Rizla Suzuki MotoGP, 1’41.096

Shinya Nakano (JPN) Kawasaki Racing Team, 1’41.178

Toni Elias (SPA) Fortuna Honda, 1’41.193

Makoto Tamada (JPN) Konica Minolta Honda, 1’41.234

Marco Melandri (ITA) Fortuna Honda, 1’41.400

Colin Edwards (USA) Camel Yamaha Team, 1’41.442

Chris Vermeulen (AUS) Rizla Suzuki MotoGP, 1’41.554

Kenny Roberts (USA) Team KR, 1’41.861

James Ellison (GBR) Yamaha Tech 3, 1’42.924

T. Okada (JPN) 1’43.265

pritch
29th March 2006, 13:16
Im not sure Rossi would have done well in the Race he has been having major chatter problems with his bike.

Rossi said in an interview that the problem appeared worse at Jerez than elsewhere, and that it was more extreme with qualifying tyres than with race rubber.

So he might have to pass some other riders to get to the front.
OK by me :-)

There'll be people slosing sleep at Yamaha and Michelin over this.

Be interesting to see how it goes...

R6_kid
29th March 2006, 15:09
just watched the racing (cheers Finn for the great footage)... gotta say i was a bit gutted to see Rossi taken out, but at the end of the racing i have to say that i am now a Pedrossa fan - that kid's got balls man.

Deano
5th April 2006, 14:46
Did Rossi lose his right footpeg in the crash ?

denill
5th April 2006, 15:20
Did Rossi lose his right footpeg in the crash ? Don't think so - although the commentator initially said that he did??

denill
5th April 2006, 16:38
Did Rossi lose his right footpeg in the crash ?
Mmmm, have read that - Rossi said he arrived on the inside of the first turn and Elias was already coming too fast, “and he take my seat and I crash. So we lost our chance." Rossi punched the air in frustration and didn't immediately pick up his bike. Nor did he re-start quickly. "I restart, but the bike was not perfect. I haven’t the rear brake. It wasn’t 100%. We take two points.”

Elias apologized to Rossi, then added that he was happy for his own finish, a career best fourth, and just 0.139 behind Hayden.

slob
5th April 2006, 16:58
Don't forget Toni Elias - he managed to come 4th and beat team mate Marco Melandri (who I think came 2nd last year (?)). Them 250 boys are going to shake things up - that's for sure!

pritch
5th April 2006, 18:10
There's a photo on the www.crash.net gallery that show Rossi all set to go on the edge of the gravel trap but he appears to be waving his right foot around in the air as if looking for somewhere to put it.

Other than up Elias' date.

motobob
5th April 2006, 19:08
Nah your not. When Max first moved to the 500's he did exactly what Pedrosa has done. The Guy came close to a World Championship in his first year. Sure he moans and bitches but there are not that many racers that have performed better than Biaggi during his time in 500 and MotoGP.

My fav rider was Mick Doohan, and Mick knew how to bitch. Did have a few Championships to back up the bitching though.

Good to see new blood in MotoGP though.

Max will probably end up on a reality TV show.

bladez
5th April 2006, 19:28
i think bring back Kevin Swantz now he could ride like me :whistle:

rossie will win again he has the tallent:ride:

denill
6th April 2006, 14:44
Don't forget Toni Elias - he managed to come 4th and beat team mate Marco Melandri (who I think came 2nd last year (?)). Them 250 boys are going to shake things up - that's for sure!
Check out the <a href=https://ebet.tab.co.nz/sbs/20060406490.html>TAB Odds:</A>
Reckon a dollar or a bit more on Elias would not go astray?? To come from last to 4th mmm.;););)

gav
6th April 2006, 19:24
Reckon a dollar or a bit more on Elias would not go astray?? To come from last to 4th mmm.;););)
Last? nope, there were a few more caught up in Rossi bailing, but Elias wasnt last, good ride though, but a Spanish rider in Spain is always going to be fast. He finished strong towards the end of last season too, riding a Yamaha.
This weekend they are in Qatar, the good thing is the racing is on Saturday night, sadly not live on Prime but delayed, still worth staying up to watch as no work the next day (for most).

denill
8th April 2006, 06:40
Reckon a dollar or a bit more on Elias would not go astray?? Mmmm.;););)

I NEVER bet on the TAB - until this week when the enlightened comment above encouraged me to put five on Elias for a win and a place.
Should have gone for Stoner too as I bet he is paying good odds. Oh no, this is a slippery slope I am on............

MotoGP Qualifying: (Some topsy turvey times here!!!)

1. Casey Stoner (Honda) 1:55.683

2. Loris Capirossi (Ducati) 1:55.721

3. Toni Elias (Honda) 1:55.735

4. Nicky Hayden (Honda) 1:55.793

5. Dani Pedrosa (Honda) 1:56.008

6. Valentino Rossi (Yamaha) 1:56.076

7. Sete Gibernau (Ducati) 1:56.177

8. Colin Edwards (Yamaha) 1:56.320

9. Shinya Nakano (Kawasaki) 1:56.237

10. Kenny Roberts Jr. (KR211V) 1:56.272

11. Chris Vermeulen (Suzuki) 1:56.356

12. Marco Melandri (Honda) 1:56.822

13. John Hopkins (Suzuki) 1:56.981

14. Carlos Checa (Yamaha) 1:57.299

15. Randy de Puniet (Kawasaki) 1:57.822

nudemetalz
8th April 2006, 07:38
Rossi is sixth qualified !!!

Dang, he ain't doing so good these days.....