PDA

View Full Version : An epiphany

Sniper
28th March 2006, 20:00
Disclaimer: I do not intend for any of this information to seem to finger point, name all the wrongs we do, claim jihad or find blame with anyone. Its just a veiwpoint that suddenly occured to me while I was staring blankly at a something.

All in all, there has been a bit of blind eye turning to the accidents, injuries, loss of life and general shitty consequences of someones misfortune. Im not saying I don't do it either as I have dealt with a shit load of death and pain including the suicide of a damn good friend a couple of weeks ago. But thats not to say we all go through the pain of a loss of a loved one, some people handle this shit better than others and I would like to say that I do it well, but not as well as I would like.

Its easy to point a finger at someone and say, "hahaha, what a dumbarse" or "You deserved that because of........." but what quite a few of us fail to realise in this day and age is the impact on those close to the victim. Friends, family, boyfriends, girlfriends, wifes, husbands, ect ect. I don't want any sympathy from anyone if I injure or kill myself, but I would like to know that there would be others that knew me that would like to comfort those close and dear to me.

I only say this because the last thing that someones family wants to see is a thread or article on what their dead/ maimed loved one could have done better or even yet, the victim themselves if they are just mearly injured.

Like I said before, this isn't a dig at anybody, but it might just be bad karma (I don't believe in it, but its a good figure of speech) to call injured people dumbarses. Now this may or may not be linked to the lass who injured herself in the states, but Im just throwing a veiwpoint out there. Might be Im a bit sensitive cause Im sick and doped up medicine, but yea......... some of you might know what I mean, others may not.

Trollers, I won't respond to bait unless I feel like it. :motu:

enigma51
28th March 2006, 20:01
know what you saying!

froggyfrenchman
28th March 2006, 20:03
i second the notion...

Rhino
28th March 2006, 20:17
Totally agree with you Sniper.

Big Dave
28th March 2006, 22:01
I like you better in one line.

Storm
28th March 2006, 22:17
Motion is passed

Hitcher
28th March 2006, 22:52
Hopefully somebody will translate this.

kickingzebra
28th March 2006, 22:57
Methinks it say,
Don't be a busstid when someone screws up, cause we all do, and all it does is rub people nose in the dirt.

That being assumed, I have to say, there but by the grace of God go I. So right you are sniper

Timber020
28th March 2006, 23:00
If you cant take the piss out of someone elses misfortune, what good are baby jokes?

Hitcher
28th March 2006, 23:06
Schadenfreude.

babyB
29th March 2006, 00:57
*nods* agrees with u there sniper

Sniper
29th March 2006, 11:08
Sweet Jesus, that medicine I was on last night was strong. I seriously can't even remember writing some of this.

The Stranger
29th March 2006, 11:17
Yeah, but let us not be to bloody scared to be honest either.

I mean if I bin due to fuckwittedness surely at least others may as well benefit from my mistakes and if I recieve a shit load of abuse, maybe others will see that "it" is frowned upon and refrain from engaging such behaviour.

SARGE
29th March 2006, 11:22
Denny Crane....

kickingzebra
29th March 2006, 11:25
I suppose people can only offend you if you have something to be offended about.

Old proverb says Blessed are those who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I find that funny.... Seriously though, if you take your own cock ups lightly, how can others offend you by chewing the fat on it? If it drags on and on and on, different story.
So KBrs, I present my cockups for your amusement... we shall need another 6 or 7 terabytes web space methinks...

Colapop
29th March 2006, 11:31
Well said Mr Sniper. The nay sayers and Itoldyouso's will always be there - but if we listened to them would we have become the people we are today?
"Oh no, you shouldn't ride a bike - they're dangerous"
Are the risks we take everydat not inherently dangerous? The harpies will crowd around and crow at your misfortune and they're there to scoff the free food at any event, but where are they when you are in need of true friends?
It's a societal thing today - easier to blame and ridicule than to help.

2c

Lou Girardin
29th March 2006, 11:33
I think I see Snipers point. But on the other hand stupidity is funny.
I guess I'm just not a nice person.