PDA

View Full Version : Pukekohe open day Friday 31/03/06!

Motoracer
28th March 2006, 21:18
Hey all, I'm doing the track day at Pukekohe on this Friday the 31st of March, 2006.

Who else wants to come along and have some fun?

If we don't get enough numbers, they might not even let bikes on the track.. :(

P.S. It would be really cool if someone who hasn't got much on for Friday, could come along and assist me with some simple jobs at the pits! :)

Keystone19
28th March 2006, 21:51
Well ya know I'll be there Sudeep!

Surely they'll let two of us out!

Lazy7
28th March 2006, 21:53
oooh.

well i will be riding past there on the way to new plymouth. and i got all day and all night to get to new plymouth so what times you going to be there?

boomer
28th March 2006, 21:58
umm.. you've got me interested!!! I'll see what the haps is.

That's for taking the bike out btw not for cleaning your fukin shoes or fetching u water in the pits as your skivvie, ok kimusabi ??!! :lol: :finger:

White trash
28th March 2006, 22:03
Gizz ya keys for a session young fellah and I'll show up for a while in the morning.

SwanTiger
28th March 2006, 22:16
I could be there.

dss3
28th March 2006, 22:19
Wish I could make it, sure as hell could do with the practise before I get the learn BIG time on saturday haha!

Kornholio
28th March 2006, 22:49
So how much does it cost for a putt around the track and how long would you be on there for?

bugjuice
28th March 2006, 22:51
buggerit.. i think i feel some sickness coming on..
how much? the usual $90? really wish it wasn't..

dveus
28th March 2006, 23:28
I've seen Gary run a session just for 1 bike, he'll do pretty much anything to give the drifters less time on(off) the track.

Motoracer
28th March 2006, 23:53
oooh.

well i will be riding past there on the way to new plymouth. and i got all day and all night to get to new plymouth so what times you going to be there?

From memory, the track opens at 10:30 AM. I will be aiming to be there at about 10 AM. Keep in mind that out of all the times I have been to Pukekohe testing days, I have hardly ever made it before 11 AM! :slap:

umm.. you've got me interested!!! I'll see what the haps is.

That's for taking the bike out btw not for cleaning your fukin shoes or fetching u water in the pits as your skivvie, ok kimusabi ??!! :lol: :finger:

Or "pit bitch" as I like to call em... with love.

Oh well, that's a shame... I guess I'll just have to make you "ma bitch" on the race track then! :devil2:

I hope you'll make it nonetheless. :)

Gizz ya keys for a session young fellah and I'll show up for a while in the morning.

Show your face and we'll work something out.

Wish I could make it, sure as hell could do with the practise before I get the learn BIG time on saturday haha!

You should MAKE it happen then!

So how much does it cost for a putt around the track and how long would you be on there for?

I think it's about $90, cash or cheque with valid ID. You should get 4 or 5 X 20 mins sessions. That is enough time to completly wear you out for the day unless you are a pro athlete.

Two Smoker
29th March 2006, 09:44

Especially if Ray Clee and Andrew Stroud Turn up.... which is highly likely...

dss3
29th March 2006, 09:47
Especially if Ray Clee and Andrew Stroud Turn up.... which is highly likely...

Yeah,... oh well..., more fun than sitting on the sideline watching everyone else out there, hopefully will learn something too! :-)

Two Smoker
29th March 2006, 09:49
P.S. It would be really cool if someone who hasn't got much on for Friday, could come along and assist me with some simple jobs at the pits! :)

Would have if i didnt have physio and a MRI scan... Dont forget to try the early entry into jennian... It may feel weird entering turn one a bit early, but you miss all the bumps and the bike will feel better set up entering the corner thus giving you a higher speed for mid corner...

Kornholio
29th March 2006, 20:24
Fuck it!!! work is really busy at the moment, so unless its pissing down here I probably wont be there ........

Woulda been fun giving Stroudy and Ray the learn............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .............................................. :D

GIXser
29th March 2006, 20:33
will pm ya on thursday night if im coming, 50 /50 chance which bike ya taking down Sudeep??

saiko
29th March 2006, 22:45
I've seen Gary run a session just for 1 bike, he'll do pretty much anything to give the drifters less time on(off) the track.

Yeah, that's right <snigger>. Scumbags throw shit up on the track.

boomer
29th March 2006, 22:52
they got told to feck off last friday.. V8's on soon so teh track has to stay nice and tidy;

Some fucker still managed to sneak a slide in here or there and Gary went over and gave teh fucker a right mouth full!!! :lol:

So there wont be any Skid cars on there until after the V8's in 3-4 weeks :banana:

Motoracer
29th March 2006, 23:49
will pm ya on thursday night if im coming, 50 /50 chance which bike ya taking down Sudeep??

Sweet as man, would be good if you could make it!

I'll be taking my R6 in race format.

Toast
30th March 2006, 14:02

Is there racing at Puke on Saturday? Which bike are you riding Daryl?

I'm aiming to be at this day. There's rain predicted in the arvo MR, so I wouldn't miss the first session if I were you. If I'm there, I'll be your bitch in the pits in the off sessions, I'm sure I can learn something from you. If you've already got one or two, I'll just watch and learn.

Back to work now...*cough, cough*...ahh, shit, something's coming over me I think...might not be in tomorrow.

dss3
30th March 2006, 14:22
Is there racing at Puke on Saturday? Which bike are you riding Daryl?

Yeah it is the 4th round of the AMCC. I will be on R1 getting smoked by everyone haha. NC30 still needs some more work done on it...

Toast
30th March 2006, 22:29
Yeah it is the 4th round of the AMCC. I will be on R1 getting smoked by everyone haha. NC30 still needs some more work done on it...

Oh well, good luck :niceone: I'm sure you'll have a blast wherever you wind up in the field.

Might go have a look on the way back from Coromandel if I end up going. Weather's meant to be mint for Saturday.

Kornholio
30th March 2006, 23:52
The weather is always mint over the Coromandel :D

Two Smoker
31st March 2006, 17:07
Well it was dry... Did the nepalese man break the 600 lap record???

Firefight
31st March 2006, 17:10
Well it was dry... Did the nepalese man break the 600 lap record???

Not when I was there, but did not stay long....

But someone else did very well and a new PB, 1.09:psst:

Don,t want to steal there thunder, so will wait till they post about it.

F/F

Keystone19
31st March 2006, 18:37
Apparently it was 1.08 F/F...:psst:

Sudeep got a 1.04 once he got the gears running ok.

Was a great day, only one session in the wet and then the rest dry. Got my right knee down out of Castrol too!

Woohoo!

Just glad Phil is ok.

Two Smoker
31st March 2006, 18:41
Apparently it was 1.08 F/F...:psst:

Congrats Jill!!! Was that on the GSX-R???

Keystone19
31st March 2006, 18:53
Yep, on Sudeeps GSXR600...

FROSTY
31st March 2006, 19:02
Fantastic keystone --thats gonna put you solid front end of the pack in clubbie ---wooohoooo

justsomeguy
31st March 2006, 19:05
Yep, on Sudeeps GSXR600...

Whewwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:niceone:

Firefight
31st March 2006, 19:11
great effort Jill... will look for you 2morow.

F/F

Motoracer
31st March 2006, 20:09
Thanks heaps Swanny for your help at the pits! :)

Thanks to F/F for your help, food, humor etc etc :)

I must have missed out on 2 or 3 sessions because I was still getting the bike ready at the track.

On my first session, The gear wouldn't shift down going into or coming out of the hairpin, because of a small nut jamming the shift rod.. After a few frustrating laps of the gears getting stuck, I was getting rather pissed off! :spudgrr:

Then I changed the rearset over to standard and the problem was solved. I managed to get a couple of clean laps in and thats when I must have done the 1'04..

On the next session, by the time I warmed up the tires, the fuel ran out! D'oh...

So yea, that was practice... I'm hoping to go a lot better tomorrow.

See you guys down there if you make it.

Motoracer
31st March 2006, 20:11
P.S. Well done Jill! :)

It was real cool watching you ride, you were going pretty fast and it looked damn impressive!!!

Nice one, see you tomorrow morning.:niceone:

Firefight
31st March 2006, 20:16
:2thumbsup Bloody Good mate 1.04:2thumbsup

will see what you can do 2morow

F/F:wacko:

Toast
1st April 2006, 08:43
Hmm was that you crossing the track onto the outside about 1:30 pm? I was on the gixxer coming the other way.. you didnt look very happy with your day.

Yep, that was me...from the right hand side of my bike you could probably tell why I was none too pleased.

Screwd up a downshift on the way in to Jennian, got stuck between gears, couldn't let the clutch out, and didn't find another gear...straight lined it on to the wet grass and hit the deck. Bit of a lame way to go out. I was actually really enjoying riding in the wet until then. Maybe I was leaving too little margin for such errors with so little time on the bike recently.

Good thing is that the bike is not too damaged, just needs a new right footpeg, maybe a new bracket as it's bent, and a new $3 bolt for the crash bung, and get the front wheel looked at, but it should be sweet.

Also good was my choice to wear jockies instead of loose boxers. Jill was first on the scene, and the zip on my pants had torn and they'd come down a bit, but luckily the jocks hadn't :niceone:

Glad to hear that you got your bike sussed Sudeep.

And Jill, 1'08, that's smokin girl :) Especially given the time you've had on the bike. All the best for the race :ncieone: