PDA

View Full Version : Restricted test to be sat on Thursday...

metric
28th March 2006, 23:34
Hmmm... 6 months is up - will be sitting my restricted on Thursday - have had a look at a few different threads and can see a few things I'll need to keep an eye on:

not to travel faster than 50kph
check my mirrors and move my head (shoulder checking too)
if asked about hazards include the instructor as one
give room for the instructor to pull out too
@ stop signs, put both feet down in neutral

have I missed anything or any other pointers?

what kind of questions should I be expecting?

ajturbo
29th March 2006, 07:49
don't be to concerned... you can do it!!!:first:

Rosie
29th March 2006, 08:20
Good luck!
Still another 4 months until I can sit my restricted. :wait:

Blairos
30th March 2006, 15:19
Hope everything went well today... It was today wasnt it? lol

Gazman
30th March 2006, 20:41
Yeah, I hope you passed with ease metric.

Insanity_rules
30th March 2006, 21:02
Yeah, how did ya go metric?

raster
30th March 2006, 21:05
Must be celebrating????!!!!!!

Squeak the Rat
31st March 2006, 13:36
Hopefully :2thumbsup and not :crybaby: No sign since wednesday..... maybe Metric thought the speed limits were in mph????

Gazman
31st March 2006, 16:35
hahaha. Yeah no sign of him...

metric
1st April 2006, 15:49
haha... all good - nailed it! Had my radio show thursday night, then a wedding all day yesterday and night (so a good deal of celebrating has been had)

but the test itself? not too bad... I remembered everything I needed to - funny thing was, teh instructor told me about three times prior to leaving that I could NOT lose him in traffic or he'd fail me - so at a roundabout I ended up waiting for approx 45sec (seemed like ages more) for a break in the traffic... we get back and he's like "Hesitated at that roundabout didn't you?" uh no I just did NOT want to lose you in the traffic...

but anyway... L plate is GONE

metric
1st April 2006, 15:50
Good luck!
Still another 4 months until I can sit my restricted. :wait:

the time flies...

Buster
1st April 2006, 15:59
Nice job metric! Its pretty easy as long as you are sensible. Some instructors can be a bit anal when ya loose them in traffic. My guy told me the route back then took a shortcut himself to beat me back to the finish. Must have had a busy day ahead. Anyway I beat him! He said nothing, passed me and off I went. :whistle:

metric
1st April 2006, 17:09
Nice job metric! Its pretty easy as long as you are sensible. Some instructors can be a bit anal when ya loose them in traffic. My guy told me the route back then took a shortcut himself to beat me back to the finish. Must have had a busy day ahead. Anyway I beat him! He said nothing, passed me and off I went. :whistle:

classic! yeah, was doing my best to maintain an air of 'sensibility'

Blairos
1st April 2006, 21:58
Nice one Metric - I am counting down the remaining days, well few months, to go

metric
2nd April 2006, 19:20
Nice one Metric - I am counting down the remaining days, well few months, to go

cheers mate

its good blatting along at 100 and not having to constantly check the mirrors :whistle: