PDA

View Full Version : What Gear To Buy

Pumba
29th March 2006, 08:01
Hey Everyone just wanting to grab a few peoples thoughts on what new jackets and that to buy (with so much on the market im confusing myself).

For the last 6 years or so I have had a cordura jacket wich has been great as well as a set of cordura pants wich have not been so great, a couple of years ago I brought a pair of Dragon Jeans wich are awsome for round town comuting but I would like a bit more protection when it comes to open road stuff.

So let me know what you think, Leather or Cordura, and what brands are best.

Look Foward to your comments.

MSTRS
29th March 2006, 08:41
Leather is almost always best. Get in touch with Quasi or MotoEquip on this site for the buys of your life. Don't forget gloves & boots either.

Pathos
29th March 2006, 09:01
Its impossible to find better value for money gear than Quasi's

Codura is only better in the wet.

Insanity_rules
29th March 2006, 09:39
If you scotch guard spray your Dragons they work better in the wet. Unless its a complete downpour you'll be OK

kiwifruit
29th March 2006, 09:47
one piece leather racing suit :)

Squeak the Rat
29th March 2006, 09:52
If you're commuting to work you might need to consider what clothes you'll be wearing underneath. Not sure if an issue for you but I find trou + shirt much better under cordura esp if you can get a jacket with ventilation. My shirts get too creased under leather or in a pack....

As a slightly different perspective, it also depends what your doing. If I had the cash I'd have cordura for week long touring stints + wet weather rides, and leather for sunday afternoon fangs. I don't have the cash though, so I ride with cordura year-round (Spidi).

Do a search on the site, plenty more discussions on this topic... :corn:
Good luck.

ducatilover
29th March 2006, 09:55
i have dryrider gear [codura] and a leather jacket, in a crash i would rather be wering my leather jacket, but i dont have any leather pants [im working on it] so if im going far i'll wear my cordura stuff. the dririder gear is great, it does everything and its breathable and washable and has replaceable armour and also looks quite good [makes me look normal size instead of pitiful:yes: ] over all id say get some decent quality leathers and a cheap over suit:rockon:

Lou Girardin
29th March 2006, 14:09
If you're gay or want to be, get leather. If you want comfort (warm, dry etc) get textile.

beyond
29th March 2006, 14:43
If you're gay or want to be, get leather. If you want comfort (warm, dry etc) get textile.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
That's to the point.

I've got leather trousers. Leather lasts longer in a slide
but the stuff aint cheap. Like a leather jacket too but seeing as they aren't water proof, not much fun in the rain.

Textiles are pretty good these days and some outfits are nearly as much as leather. Mind you, a good quality leather suit aint cheap buts going to save your arse in a long hot slide. :)

As they say, dress for the slide, not the ride.

pritch
29th March 2006, 15:28
There are some suits now that are partly textile, partly leather. Something for everybody. I think Spidi do one, can't remember the name.

The_Dover
29th March 2006, 15:45
Leather underpants are a must in my opinion.

texmo
29th March 2006, 15:50
Motomail has got some new leathers in apparently they are really good and cheep to.

MSTRS
29th March 2006, 16:00
Pumba84 - support the guys here first, because they support others here. If you can't get what you want then go to the store(s)

Ixion
29th March 2006, 16:11

But, but, but , what if you're gay AND want to be dry and warm ?

MSTRS
29th March 2006, 16:15
Then wear a nappy and get a catheter

Lou Girardin
29th March 2006, 17:07
There are some suits now that are partly textile, partly leather. Something for everybody. I think Spidi do one, can't remember the name.

The GT suit or the Step In Road Suit. Very, very good kit at a premium price.

Lou Girardin
29th March 2006, 17:07
But, but, but , what if you're gay AND want to be dry and warm ?

Wear gaitors.

Ixion
29th March 2006, 17:14
Touche .

EDIT: On afterthought, that just prolongs the question, cos , leather gaiters ? or fabric gaiters ? (You can get both kinds. Both from the friendly army surplus shop in K road, opposite the billboard of the bimbo with the humungeous hooters.)

Lou Girardin
29th March 2006, 17:18
Touche .

EDIT: On afterthought, that just prolongs the question, cos , leather gaiters ? or fabric gaiters ?

My miniscule knowledge of the gay scene says that you get fabric or leather according to your carnal preferences.
Spandex?

Pumba
30th March 2006, 10:15
Thanks guys a lot of good advise with no definitive answer just what I was after. As for the leater undies and garters I think ill pass its just not really my scene.:oi-grr:

MSTRS
30th March 2006, 10:25
.... As for the leater undies and garters I think ill pass its just not really my scene.....
Not sure if you will fit in 'round here, then...:killingme

Squeak the Rat
30th March 2006, 12:20
As they say, dress for the slide, not the ride.

Too true - on the track. On the road, dress for the slide then thump as you smack into a tree/car/curb/fence/sheep/fountain.... Hard armour makes me feel safer.....

Forget the leather undies, just cut the arse cheeks out of a pair of trou.... :buggerd: