PDA

View Full Version : What IS this?!?

vifferman
29th March 2006, 09:36
http://www.brudelitech.com/
I dunno, but it looks kewl!

WRT
29th March 2006, 09:42
I'd give it a go - I wouldnt buy one but.

Lias
29th March 2006, 09:56
Does look kinda fun :-)

R6_kid
29th March 2006, 11:12
looks like an offroad version of the thing they had on topgear last series, and all they could say about it was good cept that it wasnt a car... shit even Jeremy liked it, and he did say it felt like a motorbike.

Sniper
29th March 2006, 11:12
I want one, looks like a good way to spend time at the quarry

Insanity_rules
29th March 2006, 11:15
I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is farkin cool!

kickingzebra
29th March 2006, 11:29
Good paperweight.... Can't help but think, wheelies would be a shitload scarier, and stoppies would be a piece of piss

MSTRS
29th March 2006, 11:43
Difficult to lanesplit but...

Ixion
29th March 2006, 15:07
Effectively, just a banking sidecar.

I suspect that cornering will be suspect- unless tehre's a front diff, countersteering will prolly not work, so you'll have to steer it like a sidecar.

skidMark
30th March 2006, 14:23
....i scratch my head as to how it works...luckily they have big pictures...i'll have to kill a few braincells on this one.

Motu
30th March 2006, 17:26
I've seen a video of it somewhere,and like their gallery,no one is pushing it - hey,they are in a quarry,a sideways riders dream....but they aren't! Going fast in a straight line,big deal - in a quarry full of gravel that thing should be full lock sideways on max lean....but no,I see none of that.Maybe because it can't?

Push your bike around your driveway...then lean it over and try - you can turn much tighter by leaning the bike over.....same as graders,they lean their front wheels over to make tight turns.

HDTboy
30th March 2006, 17:32
I suspect that cornering will be suspect- unless tehre's a front diff, countersteering will prolly not work, so you'll have to steer it like a sidecar.
As far as I can tell, the front wheels aren't driven

Ixion
30th March 2006, 17:37
Wasn't so much thinking of them being driven. Diff was maybe not quite the right word, but something to allow for the fact that in a turn the inner wheel will be following a shorter path than the outer wheel. So countersteering the two wheels to the same amount will make them "fight"

HDTboy
30th March 2006, 17:41
Like Ackerman angles?

Ixion
30th March 2006, 17:44
I'm not sure. I always got confused by that stuff. Aren't Ackerman angles only relevant in slip steering, as in a car. I presume this thing is intended to corner like a bike.

kickingzebra
30th March 2006, 17:47
:Pokey: If you wheelie it everywhere, it won't be a problem :Pokey::Pokey:

Motu
30th March 2006, 17:49
Ackerman angles are taken to the rear pivot point,with such a short wheel base they will be extreme angles.

What it needs is a thumping great VTwin out the front with shiny alloy and doo dads know one knows what they are,'cept they just look good.

skidMark
30th March 2006, 18:01
looking at pics and reading parts of thier website....

i noticed that the whole frame tec.... leans over....pushing the arms ...therfore tilting the wheels...but if you look you can see the froný shock assembly in effect stays put and parallel to ground and everything else leans away.....reading through the website....the footboards do the same... in parts of the pictures is too dark to see the way it really works...but i'm gunna figure it out...prob end up building something similar cus i hate spending money lol

Ixion
30th March 2006, 18:06
What I notice is that the front wheels always seem to be on much more of a lean than the rear wheel, which stays almost upright. It doesn't seem to be cornering like a bike at all.

skidMark
30th March 2006, 18:31
What I notice is that the front wheels always seem to be on much more of a lean than the rear wheel, which stays almost upright. It doesn't seem to be cornering like a bike at all.

http://www.brudelitech.com/press_pictures/45degree.jpg

say again? :bleh:

Madness
30th March 2006, 18:33
However the thing works, Im sure it won't be in any way dangerous; They're Swedish after all!!

kickingzebra
30th March 2006, 18:34
prob end up building something similar cus i hate spending money lol

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=27033&page=3

Build cost on pit bike of how much??? and you hate spending money?!? You're a textbook case man!!

skidMark
30th March 2006, 18:44
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=27033&page=3

Build cost on pit bike of how much??? and you hate spending money?!? You're a textbook case man!!

well there is that one thing... :whistle:

kickingzebra
30th March 2006, 18:47
Admit, you just want to do it better, and put something bigger than a 600 single in it....

skidMark
30th March 2006, 18:54
well 03 zx6r motor would go nicely :2thumbsup

Ixion
30th March 2006, 18:55
http://www.brudelitech.com/press_pictures/45degree.jpg

say again? :bleh:

Yes, but if you look at the pictures of the thing moving, it's not doing that.

skidMark
30th March 2006, 18:59
cus they aint leaning it much and it's mosty opposite locked

... meh

Ixion
30th March 2006, 19:01
That's what I mean - it's on opposite lock but with very little lean. As Mr Motu said, it should be leaned right over to be applying opposite lock, but it's not. That's more like a car than a bike .