PDA

View Full Version : Change to Stunt Skills / Dragwars on 8 April

Riff Raff
29th March 2006, 11:14
Folks there is now a change to the format of the stunt skills and dragwars event. Champion Dragway approached me this morning – the day after our event is the rain date for National Dragracing Champs, and they have asked us to allow national level cars on track from 2pm to 4pm to practice. With this comes a significant discount in track hire for us.

After much discussion we have agreed to this as it means we have the numbers to cover the costs. Champion Dragway have agreed to extend the time we have the track from 8.30 to 5.30, and we will still be able to run bikes on the drag strip with the cars. During this time we have the opportunity to watch top level drag cars doing their thing which will make for some additional entertainment. We can also run a stunt theory discussion session during this time for anyone who’s interested or people can use this time to do any maintenance on their bikes that might be required from earlier sessions.

In addition, by having the cars there, Champion Dragway will cover the cost of having a crash crew there for the day which just makes life easier all round for us.

We will NOT be charging a spectator fee for the day now but we may ask for a gold coin donation which will go directly to SpankMe for the running of this site. Sound fair?

Hope everyone is happy with this. I think it’s going to make the day a whole lot more entertaining.

cowpoos
29th March 2006, 14:03
is Mr Whippy going to be there?

dss3
29th March 2006, 14:42
sounds good to me...

GIXser
29th March 2006, 14:49
Well done, we all know that you have spend considerable time on this"
im more than happy , still think spectators should pay something though, even if its only 5 bucks---

Marmoot
29th March 2006, 15:08
Still no electronic timing?
Can we do test of our bikes versus the cars?

texmo
29th March 2006, 15:38
Thats great news riff raff, glad to hear its all sorted.

Mental Trousers
29th March 2006, 15:48
Sounds good. A bit of variety is a good thing. And I'm happy to put in a few bucks as a spectator. Wouldn't mind listening in on the stunt theory stuff too.

Riff Raff
29th March 2006, 18:59
is Mr Whippy going to be there?
No, but the usual caterers will. I'll bring out Mr Whippy the next time I see you, ok?

Still no electronic timing?
Not sure yet about electronic timing - it's not part of the deal, but they may be using it when the cars are out so we'll see. Champion Dragway are bending over backwards to look after us so I'm not going to make any demands on them.

I'm having a meeting with them on Saturday morning to go over everything so will update when I know more.

ZeroIndex
29th March 2006, 19:05
that sounds damn good :D looking forward to it

Big Dave
29th March 2006, 19:06
I'll bring out Mr Whippy the next time I see you, ok?

i hope this does not involve WT, ice cream and some sexual act?

Lazy7
29th March 2006, 19:08
does that mean we get the timming gear?

drag racing IS pretty pointless afterall without knowing what times you are running

texmo
29th March 2006, 19:10
What has drag racing got to do with times??? its all about beating the sucker next to you.

Big Dave
29th March 2006, 19:12
What has drag racing got to do with times??? its all about beating the sucker next to you.

How would you know?

cowpoos
29th March 2006, 19:33
I'll bring out Mr Whippy the next time I see you, ok?

that would be swell luv... :)

aff-man
29th March 2006, 19:52
Sounds sweet... does that mean we get like an extra 1.5 hours after the cars go home... AWESOME!

You think they'll allow some car vs bike drags??
So who want to lend me a litre bike??:msn-wink: :msn-wink:

Oh on a side note... not probably a big issue but i'm riding out there so was just wondering whats gonna be up with getting fuel?? Is there a place to purchace there or nearby... Just don't want to have to put the road gear on to fill up now and again.

texmo
29th March 2006, 20:11
How would you know?
Done it before its just like any other racing.

Big Dave
29th March 2006, 20:17
Done it before its just like any other racing.

I'm sure - I was just P/Ting your runner.

texmo
29th March 2006, 21:09
I'm sure - I was just P/Ting your runner.
Drag racing the runner stuff that man, I am just doing stunts I might do one or two runs to see what times I get incase we ever do dial your own which would be cool because then I could drag thous and maby even beat them.

DEATH_INC.
29th March 2006, 21:14
You really want to be that embarassed????? A slow comp car runs 9's....the faster guys are in the 6's......

justsomeguy
29th March 2006, 21:19
You really want to be that embarassed????? A slow comp car runs 9's....the faster guys are in the 6's......

No, no, Death - all cagers are crappy drivers remember. Cars are slow and bikes are fast - hahahahah :killingme I wonder if the Croyden's Skyline is going to be there :eek:

RR - is the timing gear going to be up?? There's not much point otherwise.

enigma51
29th March 2006, 21:26
RR - is the timing gear going to be up?? There's not much point otherwise.

Do you bother reading her previous post

SHE SAID SHE DOES NOT KNOW!!!!!! AND CANT REALY SAY UNTIL THE DAY!

White trash
29th March 2006, 21:51
The lights and timing gear will be operating. It just requires a soul in the tower working it out. So you'll see just how slow you really are.

justsomeguy
29th March 2006, 21:55
The lights and timing gear will be operating. It just requires a soul in the tower working it out. So you'll see just how slow you really are.

Is there a prize for being the slowest??:cool:

White trash
29th March 2006, 21:58
I can guarantee you 100%, that I can complete the quater slower than you. No question.

cowpoos
29th March 2006, 22:02
I can guarantee you 100%, that I can complete the quater slower than you. No question.

well you are riding a honda...

Zed
29th March 2006, 22:02
Folks there is now a change to the format of the stunt skills and dragwars event. Champion Dragway approached me this morning – the day after our event is the rain date for National Dragracing Champs, and they have asked us to allow national level cars on track from 2pm to 4pm to practice. With this comes a significant discount in track hire for us.Sounds good Sue, tks for your and WT's efforts btw! With the discount, added entertainment, & extra track time afterward i figure we come out on top!! :cool:

aff-man
29th March 2006, 23:06

Hey tubby you gonna answer my question??

justsomeguy
29th March 2006, 23:41

Hmm - wouldn't mind giving you a go. ;)

Marmoot
29th March 2006, 23:58

Seriously? yes.

I want to experience first-hand for being beaten by a 4-wheel while on a Hayabusa.

Yes, I know it's a moot point, but it would be awesome looking at a metal-hulk pulling from you while you're on a 1300cc bike stringing your arse out.

I know it would happen, but I really want to see it.

Edit: am I nuts you reckon? Maybe it's kind of strange Fetish? I need to see a shrink.......

White trash
30th March 2006, 10:04
Hey tubby you gonna answer my question??

Sorry mate, missed it.

No. Bikes can not race against cars. Ever seen a Drag car turn sideways and spear accross its lane? Aint that uncommon.

As for fuel, there's nowhere at Champion Dragway to purchase it. Sorry. Get someone to cart a fuel container down for ya.

aff-man
30th March 2006, 12:37
Sorry mate, missed it.

No. Bikes can not race against cars. Ever seen a Drag car turn sideways and spear accross its lane? Aint that uncommon.

As for fuel, there's nowhere at Champion Dragway to purchase it. Sorry. Get someone to cart a fuel container down for ya.

Cheers....... see ya next fri

Dogwat
30th March 2006, 20:16
There is a gas station 5mins away towards AKL

Cookie
30th March 2006, 23:06
I am planning to take my FalcHoon down if isn't pissing with rain or snowing on the day.

If anyone has some stuff they want me to take down, let me know by PM - might be able to do something. I have a towbar too but no trailor.

I may even have a spare seat for someone if they 1) have good personal hygene and 2) don't get all ghey on the trip. That probably eliminates half of all KBers but there, I made the offer anyway.

DEATH_INC.
31st March 2006, 13:32
Seriously? yes.

I want to experience first-hand for being beaten by a 4-wheel while on a Hayabusa.

Yes, I know it's a moot point, but it would be awesome looking at a metal-hulk pulling from you while you're on a 1300cc bike stringing your arse out.

I know it would happen, but I really want to see it.

Edit: am I nuts you reckon? Maybe it's kind of strange Fetish? I need to see a shrink.......
Been beaten on the ZX12 by a H***a front wheel drive thing :o

Crazy Steve
3rd April 2006, 03:20
If the numbers arnt that hi_h of prepaid Stunters/Dra_ers

Why not offer a limited number of on the day entries...:yes:

Crazy Steve...

As after all its all about the bikes no...More the merrier...:scooter:

Lazy7
3rd April 2006, 07:37
Been beaten on the ZX12 by a H***a front wheel drive thing :o

haha. i know a couple of turbo honda civics with over 300kw at the wheels that look just like your grandma's shopping trolley.

you got to watch out when you go to the drags, some of these sleeper 10second cars are hard to spot.

couple of visible giveaways would be a black painted intercooler hidden in the front bar, low tyre pressures on the front and brake upgrades.

ZeroIndex
3rd April 2006, 09:21
haha. i know a couple of turbo honda civics with over 300kw at the wheels that look just like your grandma's shopping trolley.

you got to watch out when you go to the drags, some of these sleeper 10second cars are hard to spot.

couple of visible giveaways would be a black painted intercooler hidden in the front bar, low tyre pressures on the front and brake upgrades.
...you mean that if they were any better, they'd be on 2 wheels? :ride:

aff-man
3rd April 2006, 14:04
I am planning to take my FalcHoon down if isn't pissing with rain or snowing on the day.

If anyone has some stuff they want me to take down, let me know by PM - might be able to do something. I have a towbar too but no trailor.

I may even have a spare seat for someone if they 1) have good personal hygene and 2) don't get all ghey on the trip. That probably eliminates half of all KBers but there, I made the offer anyway.

Why where abouts in auckland are ya. Placid lives just over the bridge and if she comes will be looking for a lift

Cookie
3rd April 2006, 16:53
I am in the fashionable suburb of Mt Roskill. Tell her to PM me if she decides she want go. We can maybe sort something out.

Regards
Cookie

SlowHand
4th April 2006, 16:58
I am in the fashionable suburb of Mt Roskill. Tell her to PM me if she decides she want go. We can maybe sort something out.

Regards
Cookie

hehehe....

dss3
4th April 2006, 17:02
hehehe....

Crack me up!!!
:2thumbsup

Cookie
5th April 2006, 08:51
I get the feeling I just walked into something :confused:

I like the chart though. I can't remember who was holding the whip last time that happened :laugh:

aff-man
5th April 2006, 09:22
I get the feeling I just walked into something :confused:

I like the chart though. I can't remember who was holding the whip last time that happened :laugh:

You have absolutly no idea how funny that is hahahahhaha

SlowHand
5th April 2006, 21:05
stank, all that time spent at work, trying to rep whore... wasted. :'(

ZeroIndex
6th April 2006, 00:28
argh... i might not have a laptop to take to the event.... that's gonna suck.... so much for doing video on the day :(

skidMark
7th April 2006, 18:20
Is there a prize for being the slowest??:cool:

this is your kinda racing jsg...no corners....but can you cope with the concept of stopping at the end?

see you all there lol

and no i will not be stunting or drag racing my gn...unless indy is there on his fxr of course lol even then i'd get handed the jandel