PDA

View Full Version : Week days Waiuku to Mt Wellington

_Gina_
29th March 2006, 16:28
I ride into work as often as I can.
And from time to time I have been joined by riders who seem to be coming from / heading to the same general place as me...

Anyway, just wondering if the people I see around are from here?

Gg

Motu
29th March 2006, 17:04
Ever seen a Pajero driving like he thinks he owns the road? - it could be me driving in bike mode....

Sometimes I see a blue Boxer,a 1000 in fairly sporty trim - he gets on at Papakura/ Karaka,and then sits at 80kph...and then gets shitty as cars and trucks try to get around him,waving his arms and giving the finger.Duh,like what do you expect mate.

Ixion
29th March 2006, 17:07
Well, most days I'll be riding from Mt Wellington to Wiri !. But maybe not at the same hours.

_Gina_
29th March 2006, 20:43
Ever seen a Pajero driving like he thinks he owns the road? - it could be me driving in bike mode....
:lol:
I'll look out for ya, I am sick of nodding to bikers who don't nod back so have started acknowledging drivers who are bike accomodating....so behave and I might give you the nod.

:2thumbsup

_Gina_
29th March 2006, 20:45
I had an interesting ride in the other day with a guy on a GSX750 who pretty much followed me from Waiuku to Papatoetoe (when I slowed down and he carried on splitting)

It was actually fun, made me feel a bit more like I was riding rather than commuting.

terbang
29th March 2006, 20:49
I commute every day, except days off, from just out of Waiuku (10 mins up the penisula) to the airport rid an old silver GSX400 with a givi box on the back. Look forward to seeing ya on the road..

Kornholio
29th March 2006, 21:17
I commute every day, except days off, from just out of Waiuku (10 mins up the penisula) to the airport rid an old silver GSX400 with a givi box on the back. Look forward to seeing ya on the road..

Screw that........take the BUSA man!!! :pinch:

terbang
29th March 2006, 21:42
Da Busa is for recreation and the 400 is for work (enjoyable though), I do take it sometimes..
I mean it makes an interesting day Ride to work on da Busa, drive a Boeing 737 all day and then ride home on da Busa again. All the makings of a true revhead I reckon..

nudemetalz
29th March 2006, 21:52
Wouldn't the 'ole Boeing feel slow after commuting with a 'Busa ??:rofl:

Whynot
29th March 2006, 22:43
And from time to time I have been joined by riders who seem to be coming from / heading to the same general place as me...

Gg

I travel the opposite direction from onehunga to glenbrook .... but have only just got my bike so you may see me in the future, ill wave as i go past ;)

deathstar
29th March 2006, 23:03
well at about 8:30 you might see the red gn going from kohi to mt wellington then down to carbine road so shall give the regular nod to everyone i see

Kornholio
29th March 2006, 23:21
Wouldn't the 'ole Boeing feel slow after commuting with a 'Busa ??:rofl:

Actually I wondered if it was him flying us into Wellington last week as we landed sideways which was pretty cool...I had a quick peek on the way out but wasnt Terbang lol.... actually the co-pilot was a chick, may explain something...........................

nudemetalz
30th March 2006, 06:46
Actually I wondered if it was him flying us into Wellington last week as we landed sideways which was pretty cool...I had a quick peek on the way out but wasnt Terbang lol.... actually the co-pilot was a chick, may explain something...........................

Playing with fire there, daddio.....:eek: :killingme

Fishy
30th March 2006, 08:36

Gg

I take the bike to work sometimes... from Pokeno to Mt Wellington.

I see a ZXR400 quite often when I'm in the cage. The rider has a red mohawk on the helmet.

slimyxylofone
30th March 2006, 10:15
I live in Waiuku over the summer and was riding a blue GN to Glenbrook steel mill each day a few months ago. Will be riding a ZXR250 next time I'm up. The commute into Auckland sucks, I hated it when I had to work in Manukau every day.

_Gina_
30th March 2006, 10:24
I take the bike to work sometimes... from Pokeno to Mt Wellington.

I see a ZXR400 quite often when I'm in the cage. The rider has a red mohawk on the helmet.

LOL

Not me, I am sure I look like my profile pic, but with a backpack!!

Kornholio
30th March 2006, 20:07
Playing with fire there, daddio.....:eek: :killingme

Heh, Im a big boy... maybe Ill get some female attention now, albeit abuse :spudwave:

raster
30th March 2006, 21:29
What time do you go through GG, I usually leave Papakura between 7:30 - 8.
Maroon ZZR with orange back pack.
Got the Co. Cage Tonight though Grrr.

_Gina_
31st March 2006, 07:34
What time do you go through GG, I usually leave Papakura between 7:30 - 8.
Maroon ZZR with orange back pack.
Got the Co. Cage Tonight though Grrr.
Normally leave Waiuku about 6.30am so would be a little bit early for ya raster!!
Bloody company cages......get in the way of good ridin'!

_Gina_
31st March 2006, 07:35
Heh, Im a big boy... maybe Ill get some female attention now, albeit abuse :spudwave:
Love your work Kornyboy. :apint:

XTC
31st March 2006, 21:24
I ride from Waiuku to Mt Wellington and back every working day. Do shift work 2days/2nights... Dayshifts leave Waiuk at 5:50am and return about 8:00pm - Nights leave about 5:50pm and return about 8:00am. Not sure whether I've spied you GirlyGirl. I quite often see a FJ1200, a "naked" GPX250 and a CBR1000RR repsol....... All usually going the opposite direction though.
Andy.

_Gina_
1st April 2006, 11:40
I ride from Waiuku to Mt Wellington and back every working day. Do shift work 2days/2nights... Dayshifts leave Waiuk at 5:50am and return about 8:00pm - Nights leave about 5:50pm and return about 8:00am. Not sure whether I've spied you GirlyGirl. I quite often see a FJ1200, a "naked" GPX250 and a CBR1000RR repsol....... All usually going the opposite direction though.
Andy.
Yeah the repsol looks very cool I reckon!

Would probably never bump into you with those hours!!

Gg

XTC
1st April 2006, 11:45
Mmmmm unless I was running really late one morning....... Na - never happens!

Jackrat
1st April 2006, 19:18
I leave GlenBrook each day at 5am,heading for East Tamaki.
One bike I see is a lot is the Blue Kawasaki "900?? I think"
He wears a yellow vest an has a orange looking visor.
I've also seen a blue Yamaha XT a couple of times,but normaly going the other way.
Seems there's a few of us out here huh.

N4CR
1st April 2006, 19:42
I go through Glen Innes and onto the pakuranga highway when I go to work (blue white zx2r). In a few weeks you will see me every day on the southern (south in the mornings and north in the afternoon) on a ZXR 250, looking a bit different though.
tis top secret...

XTC
2nd April 2006, 08:02
I've also seen a blue Yamaha XT a couple of times,but normaly going the other way.
I'm the blue XT....... Well my bike is :)

Crazy Apache
2nd April 2006, 09:00
Hi all from Waiuku,

Just wondering if anyone knows of any nice rides out your way?
We went for a ride out Awhitu to big bay the other week... I am sure there are more places to go out that way... anyone know??

Mrs Busa Pete
2nd April 2006, 09:29
i take the busa to work every day from gulf harbour to constalation drive .i leave home between 6 30am and 6 45 am . i pass an orange sv /1200bandit /gsxr1000/some white suzuki; rider in shorts and work boots

Whynot
2nd April 2006, 18:48

yea iv seen that blue kawasaki a lot, we both work at the glenbrook mill :cool:

Jackrat
2nd April 2006, 19:16
Hi all from Waiuku,

Just wondering if anyone knows of any nice rides out your way?
We went for a ride out Awhitu to big bay the other week... I am sure there are more places to go out that way... anyone know??

Next time your out that way take the first left as you go out of town,then just follow your nose.All those roads interconnect.
Take care though because their all narrow an twisty, have locals,cows,dogs,sheep, an me somewhere along the way.When you get farther out all the roads to the right also connect,but again be carefull for the same reasons.

Jackrat
2nd April 2006, 19:18
yea iv seen that blue kawasaki a lot, we both work at the glenbrook mill :cool:

You ride past my front gate every work day then.
Brookside Alpacas.

Jantar
2nd April 2006, 19:29
.... actually the co-pilot was a chick, may explain something...........................

Yep,, It explains why the cockpit is now called the Box Office. :rolleyes:

Dai
3rd April 2006, 09:37
I leave Papakura most days about 7:45am on my way to Newmarket.

Leave Newmarket 5pm for the return.

1988 GXS1100 FJ, black, been running with out the fairing for the last few weeks (crash damage).

Always try to give the nod to other riders.

Dai.

raster
5th April 2006, 19:37
You passed me the other day, I need to do my fairings too, but not this week.

Dai
6th April 2006, 11:51
Sorry I didnt see this earlier.

Bike goes into the workshop this weekend, fixing the crash damage and giving the old thing an overhaul. 96,000km, it could do with a goo going over.

Fly to Wanganui tomorrow morning to pick up the GS1200SS. Nice ride back.

Give me a beep when you see me next on the motorway.

Dai