PDA

View Full Version : GSX1200 0n Trademe

Motig
29th March 2006, 20:21
This looks really nice Trademe auction no 51850228 (sorry dont know how to put it in so you can just click on it) Does anybody on here know anything about it and can tell me its as good as it looks? I'm thinking of putting a price in but would have to factor in transport to the middle of the south island. If I get really serious (bit chicken at buying something so far away) would anyone be able to check it out for me?:sherlock:

Motig
29th March 2006, 20:34
Ooops! Its in Waitakere City, Auckland:mellow:

terbang
29th March 2006, 20:38
With those sort of Kays it can't be too bad and the wear on the rear tyre shows that its been ridden carefully. Those engines are bullet proof and have heaps of life in them. Good way to get to know it would be to ride it down..! Sorry I am working odd shifts this week otherwise I would be happy to look at it for you and if its still there next week after thursday 6th and you are still keen I could whip up there and take a look.

Madness
29th March 2006, 20:38
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Sports-tourer/auction-51850228.htm

Mmmmmmm, Looks like a very tidy bike from here. Like the P/Plate too, wonder if it comes with???? Good Luck.

Madness
29th March 2006, 20:44
Ooops! Its in Waitakere City, Auckland:mellow:

There ya go, offer a price that allows for a fly/ride. What an excellent adventure on your new bike that could be.
:scooter:

R6_kid
29th March 2006, 20:49
if you do buy it and cant find the time to get it down south yourself, i am able to get it as far as CHCH for you if you are willing to pay gas and ferry cost. Got places to stay on the way so thats no problem.

Motig
29th March 2006, 21:04
Yep, I'll think about it and find out tomorrow how much to get it down (biketrans? or ?) suggestions ? and maybe offer a price:wavey:

Gixxer 4 ever
29th March 2006, 21:08
This looks really nice Trademe auction no 51850228 (sorry dont know how to put it in so you can just click on it) Does anybody on here know anything about it and can tell me its as good as it looks? I'm thinking of putting a price in but would have to factor in transport to the middle of the south island. If I get really serious (bit chicken at buying something so far away) would anyone be able to check it out for me?:sherlock:

That is a nice bike. I can't see that anything could be wrong with it. If it is what you want and the price is good it would be a reasonably safe bet. Call Motorcycle Transporter Services on 0800 687 583 and ask for a price to get it shipped. they are a door to door service. I would think you would be looking at $400 to $450 to get it shipped. So $7k plus $450 still makes a great buy.
And no I don't know the seller. Ask a million question about it on line and you will soon get the feel of how honest the seller is.
I am sure there are plenty of KBer's that will have a look for you.

Gixxer 4 ever
29th March 2006, 21:17
The one question I always ask is " Is there anything I need to know about this bike?"
That covers you well. We have purchased 3 cars and 4 bikes from TradeMe and many people do not disclose problems till you ask. When you post that they feel obliged to answer. For example the bike I have for the road. Half way through the auction I asked if it had ever been raced. After a while the answer came back....not sure but we think it was. I got the frame number and did some home work and yep it was. The seller didn't want to disclose that but if someone asked they felt they should. Just ask everything...ever been crashed etc.
Hell it has nice big chicken strips so that tyre has not done much.

Grizz
30th March 2006, 19:00
I had one of these. This is the type of bike that you can ride all day and not feel it. The ride position is nice and comfortable but you get a hell of a lot of buffeting from the wind.

Mine came with a GIVI screen which worked well, but it spolit the look of the bike. They have a shit load of torque and accelerate effortlessly. For me as I only weigh 70kg's I found the bike a bit too heavy, at speed I felt like I really had to muscle it through the really tight corners, also for some reason mine understeered really badly, to the point where it felt like it wanted to stand up in a corner. I never really got that sorted even after playing around with the suspension settings.

The other thing was whilst it was a nice bike, it didn't have a lot of prescence, it was a bike and no more, not a head turner if you know what I mean. I upgraded to it from a CBR400RR, and the main reason was my wife thought she liked riding then decided she didn't, so I was left with this heavy lump of bike.

At the end of the day though it comes down to personal choice and what you want in a bike. From what I hear, and some of the posts here reinforce this, these engines are damn near indestructible and the rides great if you do a lot of k's.

I also met a couple at Taupo, who each rode one of these, they travelled a lot of k's on them and swore by them.

Don't let my comments put you off, just hope they help you take in some factors you may not have before hand. The bike looks great, low k's so may not be a bad buy at all. Just depends on what you are after.