PDA

View Full Version : Wanna see the GP ??

duckman
21st April 2004, 14:23
Ladies and gents, through the miracle of technology, I now have delayed access to the motogp season.

If anyone is interested, we could organise regular get togethers to watch the racing. Perhaps over beer and pizza ?? Perhaps on a Satuday/Sunday and integrate a ride into the event.

Can I have an idea of who would be interested in this sort of thing please.

Shawn
21st April 2004, 14:38
wow...that would be great...im up for it... :yeah: how did u manage that?...

vifferman
21st April 2004, 14:45
Yup, I'd be interested (depending on where the venue was). :ride:

Motoracer
21st April 2004, 14:45
I'd be keen as man! I've never watched a full GP race cause we don't have sky.

duckman
21st April 2004, 14:51
wow...that would be great...im up for it... :yeah: how did u manage that?...
Er ... can't really say without risking some legal issues ... :shifty:

But, at least we can all watch the GP eh ?!!!?! :eek:

duckman
21st April 2004, 14:54
Yup, I'd be interested (depending on where the venue was). :ride:

Actually, the venue will be the next thing to organise... My house is waaaay too small to house more than 5 people at once so someone is going to have to come to the party with an offer.... :eek: Anybody ??

Deano
21st April 2004, 15:23
Actually, the venue will be the next thing to organise... My house is waaaay too small to house more than 5 people at once so someone is going to have to come to the party with an offer.... :eek: Anybody ??

Any chance you could burn each GP onto a disc for us Wellingtonians ??

I will pay for disc and freight ?

jrandom
21st April 2004, 15:25
Er ... can't really say without risking some legal issues ... :shifty:

Bahahahahahahaha!

Well dude, I'm *glad* that you wouldn't go pay for a single download off the MotoGP website and then show the videos in public, 'coz that would be downright unethical. Wrong. Criminal, even ;)

duckman
21st April 2004, 15:33
Bahahahahahahaha!

Well dude, I'm *glad* that you wouldn't go pay for a single download off the MotoGP website and then show the videos in public, 'coz that would be downright unethical. Wrong. Criminal, even ;)

Hell no - That would be wrong ... :mellow:

duckman
21st April 2004, 15:34
Any chance you could burn each GP onto a disc for us Wellingtonians ??

I will pay for disc and freight ?

I would consider sending one copy and then you guys could sort yourselves out ... How would that do ??

Hoon
21st April 2004, 16:50

The AMCC clubrooms on a Thurs nite?

Big Dog
21st April 2004, 16:52
I would be into that. Don't know $h!t about racing, having never had sky but what racing I have seen was awesome to watch.

Eddieb
21st April 2004, 17:17
Deano, not that I would ever condone that sort of behaviour :innocent: but I'll contribute for a copy, put me on the distribution list.

Coldkiwi
21st April 2004, 17:26
I'm keen... where doI show up?

wkid_one
21st April 2004, 17:28
Like Eddie I would never condone the illegal pirately of any description....but would contribute to a copy and will ask no questions and will happy on burn for others in Wellington

Motu
21st April 2004, 17:45

5 people is fine by me - tell the others to get stuffed.

Deano
21st April 2004, 17:55
I would consider sending one copy and then you guys could sort yourselves out ... How would that do ??

Looks like a few keen people down this way. I was thinking along the same lines as you as in a group viewing, maybe at my place, hopefully hook up a projector or something. I can forward the disc to Wkid1 from here if a few others want copies.

Oh yeah, I am hanging for some gp action.

I will pm you with my address and sending details etc.

Cheers mate. Your a saviour.

6Chris6
21st April 2004, 17:56
Ladies and gents, through the miracle of technology, I now have delayed access to the motogp season.

If anyone is interested, we could organise regular get togethers to watch the racing. Perhaps over beer and pizza ?? Perhaps on a Satuday/Sunday and integrate a ride into the event.

Can I have an idea of who would be interested in this sort of thing please.
Top effort that man, all we need is a time and a place and i'll be there :beer:

wkid_one
21st April 2004, 19:42
Looks like a few keen people down this way. I was thinking along the same lines as you as in a group viewing, maybe at my place, hopefully hook up a projector or something. I can forward the disc to Wkid1 from here if a few others want copies.

Oh yeah, I am hanging for some gp action.

I will pm you with my address and sending details etc.

Cheers mate. Your a saviour.
Yep - I can burn to DVD for anyone who wants it

Ghost Lemur
21st April 2004, 20:54
I'd be into receiving an unmarked brown paper package in the mail, and seeing it get distro'ed to all in chch who wanted it. :whistle:

Marknz
21st April 2004, 21:07

You, Duckman, would be the dogs bollocks! I'm itching to see some of this seasons action. I'm damn sure that we're gonna see some of the best racing in that class for years. I'm in and would also be more than happy to share in some of the costs.

k14
21st April 2004, 21:25
Yeah, im definately in for some of this. Would love to see some action.

duckman
22nd April 2004, 09:11
Sorry for delay folks, We're having some technical difficulties here at copyright HQ.

I can arrange for a viewing via a PC for any Auckland folk whenever you all like. - Perhaps this weekend ?? Sunday even.

Does anyone have jetstream at home ???

Deano
22nd April 2004, 10:07
Sorry for delay folks, We're having some technical difficulties here at copyright HQ.

I can arrange for a viewing via a PC for any Auckland folk whenever you all like. - Perhaps this weekend ?? Sunday even.

Hi duckman, did you get my PM regarding sending details etc ?

duckman
22nd April 2004, 16:50
Success!!!! :buggerd: Stay tuned for further updates.

This means that we can all see the entire GP season...FOR FREEEEEEEEE :eek:

Motoracer
22nd April 2004, 16:57
Woooohoooo! Go Duckman, you legend! :banana:

k14
22nd April 2004, 17:28
Yeah, definately a legend. What format are you going to record and distribute it in?

Skunk
22nd April 2004, 21:58

I have cable here in Wellington... Would be keen to watch someone's copy or obtain a copy for people down here.

Steve Taly
23rd April 2004, 07:49
yeah I would be keen too,tell me where and how much?

Hoon
23rd April 2004, 13:33
There is no authentication on the motogp site so you only need a member to supply the URL to the file. So those of you with broadband who can't wait can download the coverage here (http://images.motograndprix.com/multimedia2/269/269391.wmv).

Beware it is 203MB(1h26m of footage).

duckman
23rd April 2004, 13:41
O.k. - it's done I now have the MotoGp, 250 and 125 races on CD. These can only be played on a PC at this stage. I'm too lazy to convert it to MP3 so that it can be played on a DVD. :o

If anyone wants to see it (in Auckland) PM me before 5:00pm today and I will arrange a showing at my place on Sunday afternoon.
Beer will be mandatory!! No beer no entry!! :finger:

Lets say 3:00pm Sunday. I'll give the address out when you PM me.
If this works out, then I'll do this for every race. Maybe :crazy:

dss3
23rd April 2004, 14:51
big ups to hohoon, im downloading as we speak.

CHEERS
daryl

gav
29th April 2004, 13:20
So can u copy CD's for use on a PC for us Southern folk?

duckman
29th April 2004, 13:23
So can u copy CD's for use on a PC for us Southern folk?
I will create CD's for Auckland, Welly and ChCH. :soon:

gav
29th April 2004, 14:02
:2thumbsup
Thanks!!

andy1
29th April 2004, 19:50
CHEERS HO-hoon!
awesome race, thank you!

i cant wait to see them in live action in Japan! WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO :Punk:

LB
30th April 2004, 05:44
Only just read this thread.

I'm keen to be in too, Deanoh - are you coordinating?

Many thanks Duckman. We're going to the Phillip Island round (first time ever to the GP!!) so will be keen to keep up with what happens during the season.

DEATH_INC.
30th April 2004, 06:17
You camping at the track lynda?
Great fun, been over twice now,but won't be going this year :cry: ........

svs
30th April 2004, 09:11
I also have the GP (125,250 + 500) on video in wellington, if anyone is interested.

Hoon
30th April 2004, 11:36
CHEERS HO-hoon!
awesome race, thank you!

i cant wait to see them in live action in Japan! WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO :Punk:
I'll post the link again as soon as it is up (prob Mon morn) for those of us with more bandwidth than patience :)

pete376403
30th April 2004, 14:46
That will be greatly appreciated, thanks

Deano
30th April 2004, 19:03
Only just read this thread.

I'm keen to be in too, Deanoh - are you coordinating?

Many thanks Duckman. We're going to the Phillip Island round (first time ever to the GP!!) so will be keen to keep up with what happens during the season.

OK, Ive got the disc and a projector, but the laptop doesn't have real player, and I can't install it because of security settings. (Bloody work IT geeks :Pokey: )

Does anyone (Wgtn) have a laptop with real player ?

The alternative is to take my puter into the garage, which is no drama, but laptop would be easier....

I was thinking of watching this Sunday afternoon in the garage with a few beers. Large screen. All welcome. (bring your own beer).

Who's keen ? :msn-wink:

LB
1st May 2004, 06:44
You camping at the track lynda?
Great fun, been over twice now,but won't be going this year :cry: ........
Hi Death. Camping is not a word in my vocabulary. However, there is not a motel/hotel bed to be had within cooee of the track, so we have hired a camper van. At least I will have my own shower and toilet. (I sure as hell hope Doug Green doesn't read this.....he'll never let me live it down)

Are camper vans allowed to camp at the track do you know?

LB
1st May 2004, 06:47
OK, Ive got the disc and a projector, but the laptop doesn't have real player, and I can't install it because of security settings. (Bloody work IT geeks :Pokey: )

The alternative is to take my puter into the garage, which is no drama, but laptop would be easier....

I was thinking of watching this Sunday afternoon in the garage with a few beers. Large screen. All welcome. (bring your own beer).

Hi Deano. Don't have a laptop sorry.

Not sure if we can make it Sunday avo, but am very keen to try to change plans so we can. Can I give you a call? PM me your phone number (this isn't a chat up line, honestly!)

Saw your bike at Motomart last night.

Ghost Lemur
1st May 2004, 08:05

Do you mean you can't install any software because of security settings? If it's just real player (which is understandable - damn spyware filled crap), the you could grab this (http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail.php3?fid=1054136293), it's media player classic with the real codecs built in. On the same site they have the quicktime codec for mpc as well. So with the one player you can play ever format known to man.

Deano
1st May 2004, 08:15
Do you mean you can't install any software because of security settings? If it's just real player (which is understandable - damn spyware filled crap), the you could grab this (http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail.php3?fid=1054136293), it's media player classic with the real codecs built in. On the same site they have the quicktime codec for mpc as well. So with the one player you can play ever format known to man.

Its a 'work' laptop, and to install you need the IT people's password.

I can play on my puter regardless, just means disconnecting and moving into the garage with the projector.

Eddieb
3rd May 2004, 08:24
Are the nice people with access to the GP footage going to post another link for those of us who are able to download?

Hoon
3rd May 2004, 09:51
Yep here is the Jerez MotoGP coverage!! (http://motograndprix.tiscali.com/ppv_multimedia2/272/272416.wmv)

The site's running a little slow this morning so it'll be 3 hours before I can confirm the file!

EDIT: Or grab this locally mirrored one which should be faster. (http://210.55.5.14/272416.wmv) note - will only be up until Weds morn.

duckman
3rd May 2004, 09:55
Yep here is the Jerez MotoGP coverage!! (http://motograndprix.tiscali.com/ppv_multimedia2/272/272416.wmv)

The site's running a little slow this morning so it'll be 3 hours before I can confirm the file!
Crikey "a little slow" is an understatement ... Damn near stopped. Will get the CD burned today hopefully guys n gals. :crazy:

Hoon
3rd May 2004, 16:20
Yeah I got it eventually and its all good. At work I put one of my test machines outside our infrastructure with a direct connection to the internet as a quicky and it got raped by viruses even though it was fully patched (got in through a weak password I think).

So I threw on eTrust AV and cleaned it up but I had to kill off my download at 100MB and start again.

Since the machine is still up I might as well mirror a local copy for you guys. (http://210.55.5.14/272416.wmv)
Its only going to be up for a few days though so if you're on dialup best finish it tonight (tomorrow at the latest).

jrandom
3rd May 2004, 16:41
HO-Hoon, you're an absolute legend. Got a fat data pipe here at work, so I'm downloading it for CD burning and home viewing. Keep up the good work! :niceone:

k14
3rd May 2004, 17:17
Cheers ho-hoon, just started downloading it now. Should have it in 4 hours or so.

Thanks for that.

P.S. If any chch kbers want it i will be more than happy to burn it to cd for you.

Big Dog
3rd May 2004, 19:20
HO-Hoon, you're an absolute legend. Got a fat data pipe here at work, so I'm downloading it for CD burning and home viewing. Keep up the good work! :niceone:
Any chance I can borrow? :spudwave:

Big Dog
3rd May 2004, 19:43
Any chance I can borrow? :spudwave:
Will quite happily buy the rest of the season worth of discs for the both of us if it will play on my dvd (plays most microsoft formats)... That should work I supply the discs for the both of us you supply the download?

DEATH_INC.
3rd May 2004, 21:33
Hi Death. Camping is not a word in my vocabulary. However, there is not a motel/hotel bed to be had within cooee of the track, so we have hired a camper van. At least I will have my own shower and toilet. (I sure as hell hope Doug Green doesn't read this.....he'll never let me live it down)

Are camper vans allowed to camp at the track do you know?

Campers are allowed at the second campsite (can't remember what it's called...)but not at trackside.....where all the fun happens!
Otto burning,burnouts in the toilets/showers,scraps with the secco's,fireworks,even had a water fight with the local fire fighters when they tried to put out our fire........one of me aussie mates (about 6'+ and huge...) took the hose off the fireman and started hosing them with it.....sent 'em packing...... :lol:
the second site is pretty tame......

k14
3rd May 2004, 22:16
Just watching it atm, thanks ho-hoon, you are a legend.

LB
4th May 2004, 05:58
Campers are allowed at the second campsite (can't remember what it's called...)but not at trackside.....where all the fun happens!
Otto burning,burnouts in the toilets/showers,scraps with the secco's,fireworks,even had a water fight with the local fire fighters when they tried to put out our fire........one of me aussie mates (about 6'+ and huge...) took the hose off the fireman and started hosing them with it.....sent 'em packing...... :lol:
the second site is pretty tame......
Call me an old fart, but perhaps the second site is more "me"!!

I think it's called highside or something. I've emailed the GP outfit to book a site, though I haven't heard back from them yet.

jrandom
4th May 2004, 08:36
Will quite happily buy the rest of the season worth of discs for the both of us if it will play on my dvd (plays most microsoft formats)... That should work I supply the discs for the both of us you supply the download?

If the discs it takes are are standard CD-Rs/CD-RWs I have them coming out my ears, so no worries there... I'll just perpetrate a bit of resource-liberating on my long-suffering employer.

Hoon
4th May 2004, 10:08
No its fine...I'm just talking about the usual rampaging viruses out there. I won't pull that server till tomorrow so you'll have plenty time.

pete376403
4th May 2004, 10:13
many thanks again HO-Hoon, got to work this morning and found it waiting for me. :yes:

DEATH_INC.
4th May 2004, 14:22
Call me an old fart, but perhaps the second site is more "me"!!

I think it's called highside or something. I've emailed the GP outfit to book a site, though I haven't heard back from them yet.

They're pretty slack for us kiwi's,we gave up and got a mate in Aus to book ours,they get it done almost straight away......

duckman
4th May 2004, 15:42
Hello again Folks,

For all those out there who have crappy slow internet speeds I now have a copy of the MotoGp, 250 and 125's on CD.

So I need one Rep from Welly and ChCh to recieve said CD's.

Also, Auckland KBers, would we like to have a show or shall we just pass the CD around?? :wacko:

Motoracer
4th May 2004, 15:50
Hello again Folks,

For all those out there who have crappy slow internet speeds I now have a copy of the MotoGp, 250 and 125's on CD.

So I need one Rep from Welly and ChCh to recieve said CD's.

Also, Auckland KBers, would we like to have a show or shall we just pass the CD around?? :wacko:

Show sounds better to me. :apint:

jrandom
4th May 2004, 15:52

Well, I'll be doing my second dropoff of a burned copy tonight. I suspect many of us would just prefer to get a copy on CD. I have a stock of blank CDs sitting around but not so many that I can start burning copies in the tens and twenties... if anyone wants to arrange a stock of discs, I don't mind burning a few and running around the west/central/north Auckland area dropping them off. Gotta spread the love, you know.

duckman
4th May 2004, 15:52
I agree - But baggs myself outta doing another show as I did it last time and if more than three people turn up .... were screwed for room. :buggerd:

jrandom
4th May 2004, 15:58
OK, well, anyone who wants the GP race coverage on CD, if HO-Hoon keeps the downloads comin' (and that can just be links to the MotoGP site, I'm not fussy with my nice fat DSL link wot I've got all to myself here - muahahahahahaha) just PM me and we can come to an supply arrangement for the rest of the season.

Eddieb
4th May 2004, 16:28
Since the machine is still up I might as well mirror a local copy for you guys.
Its only going to be up for a few days though so if you're on dialup best finish it tonight (tomorrow at the latest).

You legend, 15 minutes to download. :2thumbsup

Thank you very much.

I love having a big connection.

Lord Pac
4th May 2004, 17:26
HO-Hoon!

Almost finished- thanks for sharing! :2thumbsup

What?
6th May 2004, 20:20
A bloke in Tauranga is bringing in GP tapes for public display. It will be advertised in this Saturday's Bay Times, motorcycles for sale column.

Kickaha
6th May 2004, 21:06
If you haven't seen it before here's what the people I know consider the best Moto GP site around http://www.motogpnews.tk/

It's worth looking at just for King Frogs comments :eek: