PDA

View Full Version : Beyond balance point

texmo
30th March 2006, 16:37
Any one here who has made a 12 oclock bar could you posts some pictures and tell me how you did this. I am considering doing this to my scooter so next time it gets the learn from white trash it will be a little bit better off....

GIXser
30th March 2006, 16:40
Any one here who has made a 12 oclock bar could you posts some pictures and tell me how you did this. I am considering doing this to my scooter so next time it gets the learn from white trash it will be a little bit better off....

Some guy went past me on the m/way yesterday ( i was in a cage) i think he was riding a bussa or Gixer no fairing , he had a twelve bar on his" scratched to bits , well used,,
maybe someone from this site?????

bugjuice
30th March 2006, 16:49
wouldn't be too hard to fabricate one yourself, just be a little tricky..
that'd be pretty awesome tho, riding around on a scoootahhh with a wheelie bahhhhhah

texmo
30th March 2006, 16:56
Its not just a wheelie bar I think I need better brakes so I can stop next time before I hit cibby.

HDTboy
30th March 2006, 17:35
Swipe the brakes off a written off cbr250rr

DEATH_INC.
2nd April 2006, 09:47
Might throw one together for mine too, but prolly never use it......may be a good anti flip measure though.....

DEATH_INC.
2nd April 2006, 09:50
Should be easy,find two strong points on each side of the 'bike' and make a bar that picks up on both and goes back past the rear of the 'bike' then weld on a skidplate. that's it!

GIXser
2nd April 2006, 09:58
Should be easy,find two strong points on each side of the 'bike' and make a bar that picks up on both and goes back past the rear of the 'bike' then weld on a skidplate. that's it!

The speed ive seen ya wheelie a fuckin 12 bar aint gonna save ya dude--, unless ya can get a lenght of steel from the skytower--
i made a wheelie bar (adjustable) for my GIx, never ended up using it myself, might bring it to the 8 th, it hangs of the rear pegs for support the main bar goes through the rear wheel , the whole thing is pretty solid, you can adjust it to different levels, ie beginner, medium, etc even for slow standups, it has two trainer wheels on the back,to stop ya from flipping,if anyone has a gix on this site and wants to learn to Wheelie, pm me, you can use it, should fit k3,k4 thou--i need to drill a couple more holes on it and its finished--
fuck i hope the weather is better next week--

texmo
2nd April 2006, 10:36
I looked last night when I took the back off the straighten out the bits that WT bent and there isnt anywhere that will cope with the strain. I guess I will just have to paint it matt black so it pulls better wheelies.

Nicksta
2nd April 2006, 12:38
Can you make one for my FXR too?????

larriken
2nd April 2006, 15:37
Couple of pics in this thread. If you need clearer pics yell out. Like Death said, find a good place to mount off, slap a coupla bits of metal together and job's done!

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=25994

texmo
2nd April 2006, 15:42
Thanks larriken, how far bak dose your bike go or is it exactly on 12 oclock?

DEATH_INC.
2nd April 2006, 20:51
The speed ive seen ya wheelie a fuckin 12 bar aint gonna save ya dude--, unless ya can get a lenght of steel from the skytower--
Thanks for the vote of confidence.....I can sorta wheelie slower(100k or so) but I've made up a bar anyway so I can try the slowie first gear stuff, prolly never use it though :brick:

N4CR
2nd April 2006, 22:42
Can you make one for my FXR too?????

Might.. help.. next time eh? :oi-grr:

larriken
3rd April 2006, 20:14
Thanks larriken, how far bak dose your bike go or is it exactly on 12 oclock?

Mine goes just beyond 12, so the bike actually stands up by itself without falling over. problem is I haven't actually made it all the way back yet! Soon! Mouse's is about 11. My theory was go nuts and all the way back, his is to go bit by bit.