PDA

View Full Version : Interesting landings at Wellington Airport

Blairos
30th March 2006, 22:22
This is a clip (from a while back by the looks of the Livery on the aircraft) from Airsidetv.com - I did a quick search to see if its been posted here before, came up blank (so apologies if its already here somewhere)

The guys/gals who do fly into Wellington on a shitty Nor-West day deserve bling... I have lost count of how many times I have been sitting on one of these roller-coasters! :not:

enigma51
30th March 2006, 22:29
some nice work there

limbimtimwim
30th March 2006, 22:41
TOO MANY TIMES :crybaby:

onearmedbandit
30th March 2006, 23:59
Pretty intense alright.

Check this one out as well.

Buster
31st March 2006, 00:12
Bloody hell. I enjoy flying but being in thats enough to put me off.

Shadows
31st March 2006, 01:04
I love those sideways landings coming home, its like a rollercoaster ride.
Man that Ansett plane landing nose wheel first looked a bit dodgy!

Drum
31st March 2006, 07:53
Heh, heh. One of the benefits of living in Wellington. Never a boring landing!

Kendog
31st March 2006, 08:46
Oh yeah, I was almost screaming just watching. I'm a nervous passenger at the best of times, but Wellington is a shocker! I'm sure I've left fingernail cuts in the arm rests of many seats on the planes that come into Welly airport sideways!
Mrs KD

Blairos
31st March 2006, 08:59
Man that Ansett plane landing nose wheel first looked a bit dodgy!

Commonly referred to as a "Wheelbarrow" :)

The_Dover
31st March 2006, 09:01
Try flying into the Shetland Islands in the middle of winter in a piss-ant little ATP.

Hitcher
31st March 2006, 09:53
Pahh! Pussies and Aucklanders are the only people who complain about landings at Wellington's airport. Harden up. What's the point of air travel if you don't get reminded that you're flying?

terbang
31st March 2006, 10:53
Pahh! Pussies and Aucklanders are the only people who complain about landings at Wellington's airport. Harden up. What's the point of air travel if you don't get reminded that you're flying?

Is this a good enough reminder.?
Also a good reminder as to why us guys are still up the front..!

Firefight
31st March 2006, 14:48
Is this a good enough reminder.?
Also a good reminder as to why us guys are still up the front..!

Q) What's the difference between an Airbus A320 and a chainsaw ?

A) About 1000 pine trees a minute.

F/F

Buster
31st March 2006, 14:57

Meh, would much prefer the ride down there anyway.

Lias
31st March 2006, 16:06
When I used to live in wely I flew soundsair over the ditch a few times.. man flying in those lil planes in a good southerly was always interesting lol.. screaming teenage girlies.. "were gonna die" :-)