PDA

View Full Version : GSXR1000K5 Quick Spin

James Deuce
31st March 2006, 10:21
Ultimate beginers bike.

Seriously.

Thanks for the bike swap last night Uncle B.

SimJen
31st March 2006, 10:28
At least your still alive to tell the tale :)
Yes you'd have to be the "Ultimate Beginner"

texmo
31st March 2006, 10:51
He is not kidding they are so easy to ride. only problem is you need self restraint.

White trash
31st March 2006, 10:54
Everybody sez, "Bla bla, easy to ride..." and to a certain extent they are. The thing with modern sports bike over 600cc is the fools that think they're as good as the bike, because when they bite, there's a real high chance you're going home in an ambulance.

So, in summary, they're easy to ride to the dairy? Can't wait to see ya cut a 55 second lap at Puke' easily....

onearmedbandit
31st March 2006, 11:04
Ahhh WT, that's something I like to keep in the back of my mind. See I know my bike is 10x better than me, and this info actually helps. If 'I' feel I've gone into a corner too deep (hardly ever happens I must say) I know that despite being past my comfort zone the bike is more than able to make it around the corner, so long as I don't do something stupid with the controls.

Oh how I love how these bikes are so damn good.

texmo
31st March 2006, 11:17
So, in summary, they're easy to ride to the dairy? Can't wait to see ya cut a 55 second lap at Puke' easily....
OK right after I see you cut a 55 second lap time around puke' easily

Marmoot
31st March 2006, 11:23
So, in summary, they're easy to ride to the dairy?

That's the absolute point.
My Fireblade, SP1 and Hayabusa are much easier to ride to dairy than the GS500 someone lent me.

I spend more time heading to shops than trackday, mind you........ :yeah:

Crazy Steve
31st March 2006, 12:36
BORIN_...

I..even..traded...down...

Crzy..Steve

madboy
31st March 2006, 13:38
I've ridden a K5 (albeit very carefully and not for long) and can attest they sure are easy to ride to the shops (or was it a pub?). What WT says is so accurate - it's the wannabes who think they can utilise all that potential. All the guys I know with big bikes know they can't do them justice, and admit it. But I've also spoken to people who thought the K5 etc were boring, and the K3/4 was much more fun to ride. This was from people who CAN utilise that potential though. For the other 99.9% of us who can't - it's just nice to know that your bike can do it, even if you can't.

Uncle B
31st March 2006, 16:41
Yep, there so bloody easy to ride. And yep they can get you into a whole pile of crap bloody easily.
My first impressions of the K5 was how easy it is to cruise around giving you a false sense of security as it is definately a wolf in sheeps clothing.
But...
It pays to give these modern bikes respect...as I do with mine....cause to get the full potential out of them is way beyond your average weekend warrior.

I love my bike but I show it the respect it deserves.

Coyote
31st March 2006, 16:59
I doubt I can even unleash the full potential of my 150 :p

Storm
31st March 2006, 20:37
at least you're honest :D
Then again you have the mighty 315 as well

Dafe
2nd April 2006, 06:01
Easy to ride? That would be boring.

Just go demented on all your suspension settings, put 91 in the tank, run 100 percent mineral oil and presto - Instant degredation!

Alot of people say the bike is too easy to ride. Personally, I enjoy having a bike that does what I want it to with ease.

The big advantage of this - When you want to go and have a play..........
I can't speak highly enough of the K5/K6. I love being able to turn it up in the back countryroads and glide through the countryside at highspeed. Twisties are just bliss on these bikes! The fact you're not fighting the bike the whole time, allows the rider much more time to concerntrate on the roads and corner setup etc. The end result being a very in control blat.

A good thing about owning one of these bikes, you'll not be needing to trade up anytime soon.

Goodpoint Onearmbandit! The bike certainly gives you a bigger error margin by being so generous. As I've found out on occassion.

SimJen
2nd April 2006, 08:57
Its true, big bikes are awesome.
I was constantly ringing my 6hundy out, and felt it wouldn't last long doing my usual commute.
With the 1000 its faster for a lot less revs. No way I could ever ride it to probably even 70% of its ability, but I know I go a lot quicker than the average guy, as long as the average guy isn't good ;)
I'd love a K5/K6, but the K1 is definately a massive leap ahead of the 6hundy I had. And its still a match for a lot of the current crop of big bikes.