PDA

View Full Version : E-bay, does anyone here use it?

Brownbikerbabe
31st March 2006, 19:14
Does anyone here buy or sell on E-bay? Do you have a paypal account?

Someone sent me an email and I can only send it to people who have e-bay accounts. It's not spam, I promise. But it is something that I think is worth sending out to people. You may already have received an email like this.

If you are interested in this email, let me know if you want a copy sent to you....but you must have an e-bay paypal account. If you have your email address on your profile, I will just forward the email to you like it was forwarded to me. You can then make a decision from the information on the e-mail.

Cheers all.

Perhaps if you elaborated as to what the eMail relates...

Cajun
31st March 2006, 21:09
yes i use paypal and ebay

send it to me. so i can vent to see if its worth while for rest to see if you want

Smorg
31st March 2006, 21:14
ItS A ViRus AhiRTARFDC X donT dO IT sa aafqWET

GR81
31st March 2006, 21:18
l33t hax0r @#$$@%^%

thealmightytaco
31st March 2006, 21:55
ItS A ViRus AhiRTARFDC X donT dO IT sa aafqWET

That is some unintelligible scrawl right there.

Brownbikerbabe
1st April 2006, 05:02
That is some unintelligible scrawl right there.

Unintelligible scrawl is an understatement!

It is not a virus, it involves making a bit of extra cash on the side and you need a paypal account to put the money into. You only need to risk losing 3 pounds. Are you willing? It will be more for me after the conversion to canadian. Like $7 dollars or something. But if you are interested PM me for more info.

Virago
1st April 2006, 08:33
Well that's a relief - it's not a virus - it's just another blurdy chain letter / pyramid scheme!:lol:

hXc
1st April 2006, 09:10
You only need to risk losing 3 pounds.

3 pounds? We work in dollars here matey. And 3 UK pounds is a bout $9. I think it's a scam

Big Chim
1st April 2006, 09:24
Post the email.

Could be more interesting reading compared to getting gold out of africa

crashe
1st April 2006, 09:40
Brownbabe - How about you COPY and PASTE the email that you received up here on the thread... and then we can decide if we want to do anything about it.

NZ works in Dollars.
UK works in Pounds
Europe works in Euro's.

To every UK pound its $3 in NZ. We always triple the UK pound.
But I don't know what the transfer rate is from USA $$ to NZ$$$$ is.

hXc
1st April 2006, 09:42
The other thing is...You'd be able to send it to everybody, but only E-bay people can use it or whatever. So you are only sending it to E-bay users so it narrows it down so only a few people can say don't do it. Not everybody! Sounds extremely dodgy to me

Brownbikerbabe
1st April 2006, 10:42
It does sound like a pyramid, I have been approached by people wanting to "help me start a stay at home business" so to speak and were asking for $1500. NO WAY. I checked this particular company out and they have many complaints against them and I went to the BBB website and it was a pyramid scheme guised as a legitimate business.

The guy who sent us the e-mail is a friend of my husbands and this guy has made $1000 pounds so far in the last month and he just started doing it. Convert that to Canadian and that is a nice little bit of money. So we thought we'd try it. There are 71 million people on e-bay worldwide, I'd say that is alot. If even 1 % of those people go in that is alot.

I can't post the email here because it is sooo long. 5 pages when I printed it.

What can you lose expect 3 pounds or 9 dollars. I figured I spend that on buying lunch at work so why not? I will be more than happy to send it to whom ever wants it.

Tata for now.

By the way, finally got our bikes out of winter storage mode, batteries are in and they sound beautiful and are ready to ride. Wooooohoooo!!! But I think I forgot how to ride, I stalled it 5 times trying to get it back in the garage.:rolleyes: Haven't riden around yet its bloody raining now!!!!

Virago
1st April 2006, 11:08
[QUOTE=Brownbabe]It does sound like a pyramid...........The guy who sent us the e-mail is a friend of my husbands and this guy has made $1000 pounds so far in the last month and he just started doing it. Convert that to Canadian and that is a nice little bit of money. So we thought we'd try it. There are 71 million people on e-bay worldwide, I'd say that is alot. If even 1 % of those people go in that is alot......QUOTE]
A pyramid scheme by any other name is still a pyramid scheme........

Anyone who actually believes that everyone can get rich just by sending money to each other, needs to get their head examined.

And what does it matter how many people are on Ebay? Does this create a magical wealth creation scheme?

Get real - and grow a brain!

A pyramid scheme by any other name is still a pyramid scheme........

Anyone who actually believes that everyone can get rich just by sending money to each other, needs to get their head examined.

And what does it matter how many people are on Ebay? Does this create a magical wealth creation scheme?

Get real - and grow a brain!

Sounds about right to me... I've changed the inital post to more accurately reflect the truth. :Police:

There are 71 million potential victims on e-bay worldwide, I'd say that is alot. If even 1 % of those people go in that is alot......

Cookie
1st April 2006, 11:24
Along with others, I smell just another internet scam I am afraid.

Badcat
1st April 2006, 14:09
What can you lose expect 3 pounds or 9 dollars. I figured I spend that on buying lunch at work so why not? I will be more than happy to send it to whom ever wants it.

Tata for now.

sweet!
i'll happily take your money!
send $9 to MY paypal account then!
PM me and i'll give you the details.

always happy to help.

ken

chickenfunkstar
1st April 2006, 14:41
I was thinking about using pay pal for a bit of currency speculation, i'm guessing thats not what you're talking about though.

Has anyone ever used pay pal for currency speculation?

Brownbikerbabe
1st April 2006, 15:08
Yes, a pyramid scheme is a pyramid scheme, but i'm still going to do it. If our friend came out with a positive and made a major profit then I am willing to risk $9 dollars. I will let you all know if I make a buck. I would be more afraid of the stock market. Don't want to get linched (sp?)here!

Cheers!:chase:

Big Chim
1st April 2006, 15:15
Yes, a pyramid scheme is a pyramid scheme, but i'm still going to do it. If our friend came out with a positive and made a major profit then I am willing to risk $9 dollars. I will let you all know if I make a buck. I would be more afraid of the stock market. Don't want to get linched (sp?)here!

Cheers!:chase:

Yeah i'm interested to see how this story ends, keep us posted. Just be careful in getting tied up in the legality of the thing. if it all falls apart make sure it aint your head on the block

Virago
1st April 2006, 16:57
Yes, a pyramid scheme is a pyramid scheme, but i'm still going to do it.....I will let you all know if I make a buck.....
Yep, each to their own I suppose. But the sad fact is that if you do make a buck, it has to come out of someone else's pocket. That's why knowingly participating in such schemes is illegal in most western countries. If you're really lucky you won't get caught and prosecuted....

Your attitude is "Maybe I'll be one of the lucky ones that gets to rip off others." But hopefully you'll forgive us if we suggest you try to rip off someone else, not any of us here.

Cookie
1st April 2006, 19:10
Suit yourself. I am guessing you didn't do to well in math? If you had, you would know that a diversified stock portfolio is a far safer investment than a pyramid scheme. Please send me 9 bucks while you are at it. I will PM my details. :)

Beemer
2nd April 2006, 13:29
Law enforcement agencies are starting to take a hard line with people who become involved in scams like this - and that's exactly what this is, a scam. If anything involves sending emails to other people (who have to pay to receive that information) then it's obviously dodgy. Have you actually SEEN the money your husband's friend allegedly has made from this scam?

Would you be as keen if you had to knock on all the doors in your neighbourhood and sell them copies of the letter for $9 each? No, because you'd be likely to get the door slammed in your face or your head kicked in!

I don't know about Canada, but pyramid schemes are ILLEGAL in NZ so I doubt you will get any takers here. Besides, most NZers aren't adverse to earning a living the right way, by not ripping off other people.

I wonder if PayPal or EBay know of this scam - I bet they wouldn't be impressed.

Badcat
2nd April 2006, 13:30
... and i'm still waiting for that $9 Brownbabe.....

Krusti
2nd April 2006, 13:38
Is there a list of suckers who are happy to part with their dollars out there somewhere?

If only I could find it then I could start one of these schemes and make a fortune!

Need to steer clear of people with half a clue though cause they ruin it for every one else.

If every one here sends me $1000 I will shout you all a beer when I see you next. True......must be a good deal....how often do you get the chance of a free beer?

Brownbikerbabe
8th April 2006, 01:36
What a crowd!

You all will be happy to hear that we didn't do it, just found out that this "friend" of hubby's had been in other pyramids and didn't do so well after all. It's easy to get roped in especially if it's a "friend". I put that in quotes because it also has been family members as well. My SIN wanted me to join a $1500 pyramid. What is going on in Canada? Is this a new thing in our country and everyone wants in? And by the way I found out that it is also illegal in Canada. So I am out. I help people for a living and would not want to deprive anyone on their hard earned money.

No more get rich quick schemes for me!

So I have decided to keep my day job and work for a living, also decided to keep my money in the bank and on occasion buy a lotto ticket.

Thanks to all of you for your information on this topic, it opened up my eyes to how many wolves there are in sheeps clothing.

Oh to be so young and innocent again...

Cookie
9th April 2006, 13:54
[...]You all will be happy to hear that we didn't do it [...]

Good choice Brownbabe! :niceone:

The only place "money" comes before "work" is in the dictionary. (Not quite true but a good place to start from when assessing any "get rich quick" scheme).

kickingzebra
9th April 2006, 14:09
Looked into them all a bunch of times, it is really easy to get caught in the hype of someone you know who has been caught in the hype, but cold hard Maths doesn't lie.
The only business propositions that are long term viable are where the person parting with the money has had value added to their life from that expenditure. Eg win win outcomes for all