PDA

View Full Version : hardest license test ever

Speedracer
31st March 2006, 22:00
my ns250r was slowly dying, running on 1.5 pistons so I booked my restricted test so I could at least get that before it died. I swapped the pistons to get it running as the powervalved piston was the busted one.
I did some practise driving and couldn't help myself... I drove hard and blew another chunk out of the half piston so it then had no compression. :buggerd:
At this stage the bike had less power than a scooter and backfired hard.
I disconnected the ignition lead from the busted piston so it was now running on 1 piston. It's top speed was reduced from 150 to 70 or so.
I took it for some practise runs and the bike was very hard to ride with no power - not only was it only running on 1 piston but it had developed a flat spot around 4-6000rpm before the powerband.

Then I took the restricted test :yes:

So I was dealing with an engine that needed massive amounts of clutch to get away yet still taking a block to reach 50k in 1st (still started first kick though lol), having to bend down to look in my useless mirrors to see which way the tester was indicating (no radio!), and trying to concentrate on not failing.
Did I mention I had just been on nightshift (i.e. no sleep for last 24 hours)? :bash:

All the tester had to say was "obviously you've ridden a bike before" and then gave me the license. :wari:

boomer
31st March 2006, 22:17
Congrats; now to get +1 piston

Virago
31st March 2006, 22:24
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Brilliant - well done!:2thumbsup

metric
1st April 2006, 15:52
that's hilarious!! well done mate.. thought I had it tough with mine

Buster
1st April 2006, 16:06
Good job mate, at least you passed :2thumbsup

Insanity_rules
4th April 2006, 21:12
Nice work dude, congrats. Thats one serious test.

Sniper
6th April 2006, 11:53
Congrats and no offence......... you're a fucken looney and I like it :niceone:

Blairos
6th April 2006, 16:05
Great Work! LOL!

Nothing like the Kiwi No.8 Wire Approach (or should that be no.1 Piston approach) :2thumbsup

John Banks
8th April 2006, 15:39
Haha - champion effort.