PDA

View Full Version : Arcade section taking over life!

dss3
22nd April 2004, 13:28
Now it could me just me but do other people find that the arcade section is taking over their life? I have been dreaming of miniputt and the illusive title for well over a week now. Finally I am champion! This is a huge relief as I knew it was only going to be a matter of time before I lost my job and girlfriend over that damn infuriating game.

-i really only posted this to see the little 'miniputt champion' thingy come up

ha ha ha ha

Hitcher
22nd April 2004, 13:40
Everytime I play miniputt I am amazed at the best score recorded! I think I've had a good round and I'm still way off the pace!

Also I suspect that there is some "manipulation" at foot in a couple of games, such as Pingu Slap (the snowball one), where the elapsed time recorded against many of the high scores is significantly longer than the "normal" game speed allows. If anybody wants to fess up and share some "tips" with those of us trying to succeed without assistance...

SpankMe
22nd April 2004, 13:45
I'm addicted to plop. :eek5:

Just remember scores only last 100 days before they are removed.

Motoracer
22nd April 2004, 13:54
That was harder than I thought. Got 116 for my first go... didn't bother submiting it.

dss3
22nd April 2004, 14:01
When you have wasted as many hours (probably into days now to be honest) playing miniputt you find that all but about 3 holes can be got in one. Its just trying to to them all in the same round that has me wanting to throw my mouse through the screen.

-daryl

Motoracer
22nd April 2004, 14:25
Ok, got up to 140 but as Hitcher said, its too bloody hard! :sly:

You must have been getting a hell of a lot of hole in ones for a 149. :eek5:

wari
22nd April 2004, 14:26
I can honestly say , with my hand on my heart that I have yet to visit , let alone play in the arcade section ... :whistle:

Not a gamer me .... and for good reason ...

I suck at computer games ... computer games ==>:kick:<==wari

Motu
22nd April 2004, 14:44
If anyone thinks I'm spending a bit of time in the arcade section - I'm not,it's my boys,they come to play pingu and stuff....and also check out wikds avatars I bet!

Zed
22nd April 2004, 15:15
I'm addicted to plop. :eek5:

Just remember scores only last 100 days before they are removed.
:doh: high scores included??

Zed
22nd April 2004, 15:23
Now it could me just me but do other people find that the arcade section is taking over their life? I have been dreaming of miniputt and the illusive title for well over a week now. Finally I am champion! This is a huge relief as I knew it was only going to be a matter of time before I lost my job and girlfriend over that damn infuriating game.

-i really only posted this to see the little 'miniputt champion' thingy come up

ha ha ha ha
I too enjoy the arcade, spose cos I grew up with comp games! Have to ease off after an hour or two because my game just gets worse and frustrates me...I find I play best after having a day or so out of the arcade and then heading in fiercely with a vengeance!!

Couldn't say it's taken over my life though :shit: ...& the dream comment was hilarious.

Zed

SpankMe
22nd April 2004, 15:30

Can't expect to have one good game and then stay on top forever. That would be boring for everyone else. If ya want to stay on top, you have to keep at it.

dss3
22nd April 2004, 15:30
283min spent in the arcade... and ticking

Zed
22nd April 2004, 16:21
...If ya want to stay on top, you have to keep at it.
Yes Grand Master! :not:

Racey Rider
22nd April 2004, 18:49
Shouldn't you be spending that time reading "the Word" brother! - - :eyepoke: - - :msn-wink:

Here's a starter for 10.
What does God think of your arcade game playing? :innocent:

Noooo,, Let's Not Go There!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :no:

:ar15: Racey

Hitcher
22nd April 2004, 18:58
Shouldn't you be spending that time reading "the Word" brother! - - :eyepoke: - - :msn-wink:

Here's a starter for 10.

1 Samuel 16:18 Then answered one of the servants, and said, Behold, I have seen a son of Jesse the Bethlehemite, that is cunning in playing, and a mighty valiant man, and a man of war, and prudent in matters, and a comely person, and the LORD is with him.

SPman
22nd April 2004, 18:59

And the word was PINGU http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/14/14_6_3.gif

Zed
22nd April 2004, 18:59

Here's a starter for 10.

Hmm, no comment- that will keep Racey, that will keep! :sly:

Zed
22nd April 2004, 19:04
1 Samuel 16:18 Then answered one of the servants, and said, Behold, I have seen a son of Jesse the Bethlehemite, that is cunning in playing, and a mighty valiant man, and a man of war, and prudent in matters, and a comely person, and the LORD is with him.
Very good Mr Hitcher! :laugh:

1 Samuel 16:19 Wherefore Saul sent messengers unto Jesse, and said, Send me David thy son, which is with the sheep.

Zed
22nd April 2004, 19:07
And the word was PINGU http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/14/14_6_3.gif
I trust you're butchering John 1:1? That's close on blasphemy!! :wacko:

SPman
22nd April 2004, 19:29
I trust you're butchering John 1:1? That's close on blasphemy!! :wacko:
Oh No, not again http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/14/14_6_5.gif

Zed
22nd April 2004, 20:14
Oh No, not again http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/14/14_6_5.gif
You're having quite a time with your animations - please share your source?

SPman
22nd April 2004, 20:29
You're having quite a time with your animations - please share your source? Aaah......mmmmmm.......seeing you said please...
http://www.smileycentral.com/

Just check for bots if you install the taskbar

Zed
22nd April 2004, 20:39
Aaah......mmmmmm.......seeing you said please...
http://www.smileycentral.com/

Just check for bots if you install the taskbar
Thank you kindly! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_2_25.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001)

georgedubyabush
22nd April 2004, 21:22
If you have a really old and slow computer, you have a real advantage with slowdown. That is the secret to my tetris success, but I've just let Nuahnn have it now :kick:

Check out people's ping times to see how cheatin they are. On one of the computers I use, an old P166, those shooter type games could go on forever if I had the patience.

Spank the monkey you can cheat on also. Drag the hand to the far right of the box, then, while still holding the button, sneak your mouse pointer out of the box and around to the other side (left). When you go back in the box from the left side you'll see what happens.

There should be an award for number of titles divided by total amount of time played for grand champion. :banana:

MacD
22nd April 2004, 21:26
Spank the monkey you can cheat on also. Drag the hand to the far right of the box, then, while still holding the button, sneak your mouse pointer out of the box and around to the other side (left). When you go back in the box from the left side you'll see what happens.

Yeah, I knew that cheat ;) but how did you get more than 847!?!?

MacD
1st May 2004, 21:01
Not that I'm addicted or anything but Yetisports 4: Albatross Overload is out now on the YetiSports site (http://www.yetisports.org/).

Looks like another candidate for the arcade SpankMe? :banana:

Milky
1st May 2004, 23:02
Yeah, I knew that cheat ;) but how did you get more than 847!?!?

Just keep trying different starting and ending positions for your mouse pointer.. it is real subtle changes that make a difference. What i cant understand is how some people can get 1600+ as i saw on some website that hosted the game :shit:

SpankMe
1st May 2004, 23:51
Does having the top 130 high scores in a game count as an addiction. :wacko:

SPman
2nd May 2004, 00:28
Ummm - I think ....yes!

marty
2nd May 2004, 19:45
i reckon juggling has got the best soundtrack - some demented japanese guy. i just laugh and laugh :)

SpankMe
13th May 2004, 15:25
Wooho, new high score on plops: 11025 :P

So why am I the only one playing this arcade game?

Motoracer
13th May 2004, 15:29
Is there any possibility of a racing game being added. I always sucked at all the other types of games.

P.S. I couldn't figure out how to play Plops :wacko:

White trash
13th May 2004, 17:06

It's the name, dude! No one wants to be the "Plops" champion!

Or was that the idea :)

Zed
13th May 2004, 18:12

I respect you too much as the Admin to play it! :confused2

Zed

Hitcher
13th May 2004, 22:07

When I get it figured out, you're TOAST!