PDA

View Full Version : and the 4th child is born!

Marknz
22nd April 2004, 17:53
Mark is proud to announce the arrival of baby #4

Weighing in at approx. 170kgs, '03 GSXR1000 (WMC ex demo) was delivered at lunctime today to it's doting father.

It's just a pity that Mark fecked up and left the disk lock on when leaving work aye!

Never mind, it's only money. :angry2:

Look forward to seeing and meeting all you Wellingtonions in the coming months, and I'll be getting around the lower North Island a bit too so will be happy to catch up with any other listers.

If I could figure out how to post an image properly I'd post one, but I failed to get an image of my helmet up last night and don't want to stuff up the system. But you all know what a silver GSXR1000 looks like anyway right?

Ghost Lemur
22nd April 2004, 18:11
!pix please. :D

Congrats on the new addition.

Hitcher
22nd April 2004, 19:12
Well done that man! And Mrs Mark too of course... Is new pillion called Thruxton?

Marknz
22nd April 2004, 19:31
mmm, lets see if this works...

mangell6
22nd April 2004, 19:40
Well done on both counts, arrival number four and forgetting about the disk lock.

Check the disk as it may be warped, happened to me. :weep:

Mike

Bleck K6
22nd April 2004, 19:50
Looks nice in silver :2thumbsup
Did they throw the can in for free?what kind of can is it?

Marknz
22nd April 2004, 20:09
Looks nice in silver :2thumbsup
Did they throw the can in for free?what kind of can is it?

It's a Two Brothers Racing C Series Aluminium... whatever that means :whistle:

Remembering it was the demo bike, the can was on it already

Bleck K6
22nd April 2004, 20:19
Must sound good. How many km's has it done.

Zed
22nd April 2004, 20:23
It's a Two Brothers Racing C Series Aluminium... whatever that means :whistle:

Remembering it was the demo bike, the can was on it already
Enjoy the rush Mark! :done:

Zed

Marknz
22nd April 2004, 20:46
Must sound good. How many km's has it done.

I have to admit the sound is a bit of a let down after my VTR1000 with carbon Leo Vinci race pipes... but this is something else again performance wise :shifty:

1173Km on the clock as it rests in the garage, nicely tucked up for it's sleep :baby:

750Y
22nd April 2004, 20:56
nice one markNZ. my front guard got a chunk out of it too at about 1000kms after a seagull decided to fly into my front wheel. at least the first damage is out of the way now. enjoy the bike, it's a really nice ride.

Andrew
22nd April 2004, 21:06
Way to go mate. I hear the silver is the fastest colour of them all.

Cajun
23rd April 2004, 08:07
Nice bike Mark good luck to you and ya girl. There is a massive performance gain over your vtr1000f compared to that, but the gixxer be tons more fun, BTW go to www.gixxer.com there is tons of info and details about gsxr there, me and 750y are members

Holy Roller
23rd April 2004, 10:06
Nice Bike
But I can't say too much as there are some here who think I'm about to convert over to the dark side :argh:
I'm sure you'll really enjoy the Rimatakas on that there machine on :sunny: days.

Indiana_Jones
23rd April 2004, 10:58
Way to go mate. I hear the silver is the fastest colour of them all.

No wonder my FXR150 is so fast :killingme

-Indy

LB
26th April 2004, 04:42
Congrats on the new arrival Mark - see you on the road soon!!

wkid_one
26th April 2004, 07:43
If you don't mind me asking - did you pick it up for a steal?? As with the new thous coming out - they must be finding it hard to push the 03's now?

Also - that was the take home bike of 'what'shisname' in the shop.

I test rode that bike - quite nice.....I am a bit disappointed in the colour schemes of the Gixxers in 2001-2003 however I would have chosen the silver also - as next to no one has one.

Marknz
27th April 2004, 19:45
If you don't mind me asking - did you pick it up for a steal?? As with the new thous coming out - they must be finding it hard to push the 03's now?

I test rode that bike - quite nice.....I am a bit disappointed in the colour schemes of the Gixxers in 2001-2003 however I would have chosen the silver also - as next to no one has one.

Well given I picked up the May issue of KMR today to find they're on the market now for $19500.00 plus on roads... I'll reserve comment and have a chat with the lads at WMC about it on Saturday.

Hey, demo bikes are demo bikes and they do get used and abused by the staff and those that test them, it's the risk you take.

Needless to say the bike seems to be pretty good and despite the 600km that I clocked up on the weekend, it'll still be a while before I say I can ride it anywhere near it's potential. My only complaint so far is the gearbox. Don't know if I'm being too soft with it or not but I've never found so many false neutrals when going up through the gears. Is this common with the Gixxers or do I just need to give it a bigger foot than i did with the superb box on the Firestorm?

White trash
28th April 2004, 07:47

No it wasn't.

Kickaha
28th April 2004, 10:20
My only complaint so far is the gearbox. Don't know if I'm being too soft with it or not but I've never found so many false neutrals when going up through the gears. Is this common with the Gixxers or do I just need to give it a bigger foot than i did with the superb box on the Firestorm?

I know of a few of people who had reported this problem with the earlier models and on the 750's,I can't remember what the fix was but it wasn't a biggie.

White trash
28th April 2004, 10:27
I know of a few of people who had reported this problem with the earlier models and on the 750's,I can't remember what the fix was but it wasn't a biggie.

it gets better with time. My Six hundy was the same.

magnum
28th April 2004, 10:28
on ya,nice baby :ride:

wkid_one
28th April 2004, 18:19
No it wasn't.You sure?? He did have a Silver One for ages - they must have sold that one earlier then. I test rode it and had to wait until he came in to work....musta been a diff one then.

I remember I almost bought the Ex-Philip Island Journo Bike same as Tony - they were selling them for $19995 at the time and were the first bikes they got in. Still have issue with the fact they don't look all that modern. The 600 looks better.