PDA

View Full Version : A true Rat

texmo
2nd April 2006, 13:07
So its 1:30 in the after noon on Saturday I'm talking shit at scooter world and they about to close. I have nothing better to do so I decided to make my scooter an official rat bike and paint it the official rat bike colour, Matt black.
I went up to R.E.P.C.O. (rip every poor cunt off) and brought some Matt black paint I got three cans but only needed two, some prepsol to remove all the wax and grease and some pain thinner to get rid of the adhesive the stickers left behind. Because this is a rat and I'm painting it on my back porch I am not gonna try to hard to make it look pretty but I don't want the paint peeling off.
So I started by taking off all the stickers and giving the bike a good once over with the thinners then the prepsol. After this I took off all the lights (I didn't have to take the tail light off though thanks for that WT), the seat and all the little things that were going to get in the way. I put all the screws and bolts in a nice little pile, putting each set of screws in masking tape labeling them as mister Gilera though it would be a good idea to make all the screws and bolts different sizes. Now all I had to do was mask the bike up and get painting. I put the first coat on around 6:30pm so it was starting to get dark by the time the second coat was ready to go on there was no light, This is how I got the true rat look by painting it in the dark.
The only real problem I had while paint was it decided to rain on me so on top of being painted at night it also got rained on, man this bike is gonna look wicked.
I put the bike back together today and it looks mint, I have a few things left to do to it. I need to fix the front right indicator as the mount broke off. I am also waiting on a tail light and I need to fix the head set I put a new engine mount on my bike on Friday (well afast135 did thanks for that jono) and because its one solid piece not two it vibrates like a mofo below 80km/hr and the heat set sounds like its going to fall apart so I need to stop it from doing that.
So my bike is all go for next weekend im taking it out in a van and im going to bring the left over Matt black so when I flip it.

texmo
2nd April 2006, 13:15

Nicksta
2nd April 2006, 13:24
oh how Prrrdy.....
very rat bike

EDIT: "Rat Scooter"
nice job Texmo

aff-man
2nd April 2006, 13:27
good job that man:love: .... You comin to stunt day ... If tubby is going near your scoot you might have wanted to put off painting it till after??:shake:

Hey was it you that bought MR cbr? You bring that along next weekend they are damn easy to wheelie..:shifty: :innocent:

Krusti
2nd April 2006, 13:29
When I first started reading this I thought what a wanker, but having seen what you did does not look half bad!

Well done my son:niceone:

texmo
2nd April 2006, 13:41
good job that man:love: .... You comin to stunt day ... If tubby is going near your scoot you might have wanted to put off painting it till after??:shake:

Hey was it you that bought MR cbr? You bring that along next weekend they are damn easy to wheelie..:shifty: :innocent:

Yer it is really easy to wheelie I only ever hit blalance point like 2 times but then I only took it for a couple of spins didnt even reach any country roads I needed the cash so I sold it to a guy who had his learners for a week, he promptly crashed it on senic drive.
I am gonna be at stunt day no two ways about it thats what the paint job is for. I dont think tubby will be riding it for a little bit but I got more cans of Matt for when I bail.

When I first started reading this I thought what a wanker, but having seen what you did does not look half bad!

Well done my son:niceone:
Well I crashed it three times two weekends ago WT fliped it last weekend. I use and abuse this scooter.

Merwood
2nd April 2006, 13:50
the runners lookin good, nice job man :devil2:, looking forward to seeing it uponone again

pyrocam
2nd April 2006, 14:21
haha awesome. looks mint mate!

The_Dover
2nd April 2006, 16:53
Ghey as the day Texmo.
You'll be bristling with lusty man sausage next time you hit Ponsonby Rd!!

texmo
2nd April 2006, 17:00
For a man they couldnt root, shoot or prosecute you did get banned for a long time.

Scouse
2nd April 2006, 17:02
So its 1:30 in the after noon on Saturday I'm talking shit at scooter world and they about to close. I have nothing better to do so I decided to make my scooter an official rat bike and paint it the official rat bike colour, Matt black.
I went up to R.E.P.C.O. (rip every poor cunt off) and brought some Matt black paint I got three cans but only needed two, some prepsol to remove all the wax and grease and some pain thinner to get rid of the adhesive the stickers left behind. Because this is a rat and I'm painting it on my back porch I am not gonna try to hard to make it look pretty but I don't want the paint peeling off.
So I started by taking off all the stickers and giving the bike a good once over with the thinners then the prepsol. After this I took off all the lights (I didn't have to take the tail light off though thanks for that WT), the seat and all the little things that were going to get in the way. I put all the screws and bolts in a nice little pile, putting each set of screws in masking tape labeling them as mister Gilera though it would be a good idea to make all the screws and bolts different sizes. Now all I had to do was mask the bike up and get painting. I put the first coat on around 6:30pm so it was starting to get dark by the time the second coat was ready to go on there was no light, This is how I got the true rat look by painting it in the dark.
The only real problem I had while paint was it decided to rain on me so on top of being painted at night it also got rained on, man this bike is gonna look wicked.
I put the bike back together today and it looks mint, I have a few things left to do to it. I need to fix the front right indicator as the mount broke off. I am also waiting on a tail light and I need to fix the head set I put a new engine mount on my bike on Friday (well afast135 did thanks for that jono) and because its one solid piece not two it vibrates like a mofo below 80km/hr and the heat set sounds like its going to fall apart so I need to stop it from doing that.
So my bike is all go for next weekend im taking it out in a van and im going to bring the left over Matt black so when I flip it.You suffer from dellusions Its a fuckin ugly scooter not a bike

Cookie
2nd April 2006, 17:07
Looks very cool texmo. :yes:

You could be a part of their promotional machine. "We give our new model to texmo. If he can't kill it, we release it to joe public."

texmo
2nd April 2006, 17:13
You suffer from dellusions Its a fuckin ugly scooter not a bike
Hey tubby whats up? Although it is a scooter it can still be classed as a bike I didn't call it a motorcycle once. I think you should go eat some more pies before you start to lose weight. Oh and to punch me you have to catch me, I would be surprised if you could carry your lard arse for more than 10 paces with out the assistance of a bike let alone catch me.

bike - the meaning of supplied by http://dictionary.reference.com/
1: a motor vehicle with two wheels and a strong frame.
2: a wheeled vehicle that has two wheels and is moved by foot pedals.

N4CR
2nd April 2006, 17:13
Nice job man, thaught yous aid you made it look bad or something!

Looks awesome! (Might mix well with..)

Scouse
2nd April 2006, 17:42
Hey tubby whats up? Although it is a scooter it can still be classed as a bike I didn't call it a motorcycle once. I think you should go eat some more pies before you start to lose weight. Oh and to punch me you have to catch me, I would be surprised if you could carry your lard arse for more than 10 paces with out the assistance of a bike let alone catch me.

2: a wheeled vehicle that has two wheels and is moved by foot pedals.Keep it coming weed

texmo
2nd April 2006, 18:15
Keep it coming weed
What the rep or the remarks?

The_Dover
2nd April 2006, 18:19
For a man they couldnt root, shoot or prosecute you did get banned for a long time.

I was on holiday bitch.

The_Dover
2nd April 2006, 18:20
Ha ha, Mac just said"Hey look, it's Gaymo's bike!!"

Owned by a four year old you fag!!

Scouse
2nd April 2006, 18:24
What the rep or the remarks?Hey fire off all your little colour square they realy mean nothing but for each one you fire off Ill send one back Kind of pointless really but I guess little boys have to play their games

texmo
2nd April 2006, 18:33
Hey fire off all your little colour square they realy mean nothing but for each one you fire off Ill send one back Kind of pointless really but I guess little boys have to play their games
Not really I have more rep thefor my rep points are stronger therefore I have more red rep to give. Making me ultimately the winner. Man this is so much fun its like I have upgraded from pokemon to reputation. I enjoy these games.

Scouse
2nd April 2006, 18:47
Not really I have more rep thefor my rep points are stronger therefore I have more red rep to give. Making me ultimately the winner. Man this is so much fun its like I have upgraded from pokemon to reputation. I enjoy these games.Whatever, Like I said Little coloured squares sent across the net mean nothing so if sending red rep gives you your jollys It means your a sad little fuck if thats all you've got but feel free to make the most of it however its actions that can hurt Till we meet keep it coming little scooter boy

SPORK
2nd April 2006, 18:50
texmo that looks awesoem dont listen to tha h8rs

pece and luv

Stopper Dan
2nd April 2006, 18:52

Good call. I think it looks cool, mite give the old kwak the same treatment.

MidnightMike
2nd April 2006, 18:57

Have you still gotta paint the pedals? :nya:

Nah, doesnt look as bad as it did.

texmo
2nd April 2006, 19:03
Whatever Like I said Little coloured squares sent across the net mean nothing however its actions that can hurt Till we meet keep it coming little scooter boy
Wicked I cant wait till I meet you man, I will definitely see you on a coro loop one time I will make sure I came and introduce myself. Oh wait I just clicked your gonna hurt me? big scary man please dont hurt me. looking foward to meeting you.

The_Dover
2nd April 2006, 19:06
Texmo has had bigger men than you Zrxer, he is like a scooter riding pin cushion.

You can't hurt him!!

texmo
2nd April 2006, 19:26
Good call. I think it looks cool, mite give the old kwak the same treatment.
Its easy to do, good way to spend an afternoon. Its a cheep birthday for your bike $70.

Motoracer
3rd April 2006, 01:23
SWEET ride cuz! It's the Ghostrider scoot!

Looks very cool, all you need now is a 12 bar. :headbang:

MisterD
3rd April 2006, 08:06
Has Kev told you to powder coat the rims red yet? I reckon that hotrod look might suit it....

fast135
3rd April 2006, 09:18
looks good in the pictures.

i remember winding up the preload on the rear shock when i put the engine mount in.
if ya wanna pull wheelies loosen it off all the way.

chur.

texmo
3rd April 2006, 11:34
Looks very cool, all you need now is a 12 bar. :headbang:
The only problem is there is no where to really mount it.:scratch:

looks good in the pictures.

i remember winding up the preload on the rear shock when i put the engine mount in.
if ya wanna pull wheelies loosen it off all the way.

chur.

Yer thanks man I have already loosened it I am about to go out and test ride it now.

Has Kev told you to powder coat the rims red yet? I reckon that hotrod look might suit it....
All money man, I wouldn't power coat them any way just use the special enamel paint for rims.

MisterD
3rd April 2006, 12:10
The only problem is there is no where to really mount it.:scratch:

How sturdy are the mounts for the grab-handle at the back of the scoot?

fast135
3rd April 2006, 12:30
How sturdy are the mounts for the grab-handle at the back of the scoot?

the handle is plastic and it mounts to the frame on thin steel.
it was bent when someone looped the scoot. straightend on friday nite when the engine mount went in.

the 12 bar could be put on. but would be a pain in the a$$.

jono.

texmo
3rd April 2006, 13:29
Yer jono is right and to fit one I have to cut away all the plastics.

Storm
6th April 2006, 12:55
Nice work mate, now you and trashy are mates

Sniper
6th April 2006, 14:01
Looks OK mate.

texmo
6th April 2006, 15:48
Nice work mate, now you and trashy are mates

Fuck that I aint related to trashy in any way shape or form.:finger:

The_Dover
6th April 2006, 16:17
Fuck that I aint related to trashy in any way shape or form.:finger:

except you are both skinny homos on gay bikes.:rofl:

texmo
6th April 2006, 17:26
except you are both skinny homos on gay bikes.:rofl:
:clap: good one tubby, I wasnt the one who kissed cowpoos.

The_Dover
6th April 2006, 17:29
It was the bette midler karaoke, I was mesmerised.