PDA

View Full Version : Motobob’s day at the races

motobob
2nd April 2006, 18:45
Like others here I thought I’d put in a quick report on my day at Puke.

Like to start off by thanking those KB souls that helped me out by looking after my stuff and getting my bike ready. Thanks K19, Kit and Glen.:grouphug:

Day started well by arriving and then having to go home and bring back my race licence. :slap: Things got better after that though.

Decided to desert the Clubmans class and play in F2 And F1 classes. Practice went well but as usual no bikes qualified behind me. First race up was F1, a lonely ride but set PB in the high 1;05’s, cool finally got there. Couple of crashes in this one but one guy OK and other went home in the ambo.

Next up F2 got good start and had a few get past me early but ended up following Motoracer home. Thought he might have towed me into a good time but alas no. Ended up about 8th.

F1 was a repeat of 1st race.

Second F2 race start not good but picked up one of SH’s protégé’s out of Castrol only to have the Gixxer jet past before the kink. Jeez they really out motor the poor Honda. Those bloody motors are worth about a second a lap I thought to myself. Then a TZ250 decided to rub my nose in it as well. Got back in front of him but couldn’t make it stick, damn.

Sat out the F1 race cos old age was catching up and had my nana nap instead. Final race was F2, had a play with that Gpercival guy while he was in a nervous mode but then he came right and he got in front and stayed there. Tried to take him thru the front esses but I screwed up and dropped a bit of distance on him.

All in all a fun day and happy that we are getting a little bit quicker. Oh and K19 thanks for passing on that tip about Jennian, it certainly helped. TS gave me one as well, probably to make up for the rooted tyres he sold me.

Once again thanks to everyone and to orange overall brigade for making it happen.

I would like to thank my sponsors, “all my grand kids” :lol:

Cleve
2nd April 2006, 18:53
Way to go Paul. Great write up. Sorry I missed this round and your efforts as well as the other KB'ers. All is well here in sunny Saudi and looking forward to getting back and doing the Taupo round. Be in touch later about that.

SwanTiger
2nd April 2006, 18:54
Holy shit dude, they let you out of the retirement village for racing? They're getting softer these days huh.

skelstar
2nd April 2006, 19:21
Getting your skills up for the East Cape eh mate? ;)

cowpoos
2nd April 2006, 19:25
gud on ya fella...ur only as old as you feel.....and not many 70yr olds would be racing eh!

Kornholio
2nd April 2006, 20:03
gud on ya fella...ur only as old as you feel.....and not many 70yr olds would be racing eh!

I know a dude from Matamata who is 60 years old and has had a pacemaker put in and he races a SV650 in F3 :spudbn:

Motoracer
3rd April 2006, 00:36
Nice going Paul, this was the first time I have ridden with you and you definetly have got some good skills there. Congrats on your new PB of 1.05s!!

BTW, Two Smoker's Uncle really is in his 70's and he rips around in his old race bike and makes it to all the race meets as well I think. He's an insperation that man..

gpercivl
4th April 2006, 16:55
Don't go too fast Paul, should be fun at Taupo though eh???:sweatdrop

motobob
4th April 2006, 18:45
Don't go too fast Paul, should be fun at Taupo though eh???:sweatdrop

Heh heh Was fun racing with you Greg. Looking forward to Taupo.

Mattie
4th May 2006, 18:28
Hey guys im nu here but was jus lookin thru da threads, wats goin down @ taupo then?

cowpoos
4th May 2006, 18:51
Hey guys im nu here but was jus lookin thru da threads, wats goin down @ taupo then?
How you doin *winks*.....oh....taupo.... trackday....hav a search for it lass....

Mattie
4th May 2006, 19:27
Oh ok.. sounds gud, i mite cum down. so how does this site work anyway? any of u "lovely" boys gonna help me out here?

cowpoos
4th May 2006, 19:29
Oh ok.. sounds gud, i mite cum down. so how does this site work anyway? any of u "lovely" boys gonna help me out here?
**batters eye lids** **and looks manly** ask away luv I'll help out if I can ???

Mattie
4th May 2006, 19:38
wel numba 1, how tha fuk do i find anything! lol! oh and u seem very manly2 me honey :blip:

Mattie
4th May 2006, 19:40
wow, i figured out how to edit my profile! big achievment for me. still gettin used2this tho.

Kornholio
4th May 2006, 19:50
wow, i figured out how to edit my profile! big achievment for me. still gettin used2this tho.

Next trick: Adding a profile pic(semi naked preferable)

Welcome by the way :D

cowpoos
4th May 2006, 19:53
wel numba 1, how tha fuk do i find anything! lol! oh and u seem very manly2 me honey :blip:
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/faq.php

go read that madam....then start a thread in new member speak forum....and say hello to everyone..... and Oh yes I''m the manly-est man on this blessed site...

Mattie
4th May 2006, 19:58
haha thanx. hmm semi naked pic?? i dnt think so... on my 1st day?! maybe later. btw my sisterz reading this..be careful wat u say boys.lol i'll take ur advice! thanx agn 4 ur help

cowpoos
4th May 2006, 20:04
. hmm semi naked pic?? i dnt think so... on my 1st day?!

you wanna make a good first impression don't ya??? you'll get the lads tripping over them selfs to help ya out...lmao

Mattie
4th May 2006, 20:08
oh, but iv got u helping me out dont i? i started a new thread, im really hopeless! id love to actuali learn how 2 ride a bike now that iv got one! it must b better than crashing into whateva i possibly can!

motobob
5th May 2006, 23:35
Hey Mattie you should organise a after hours meet with these country boys. Say at the Camelia court at the KB track day. Make sure its dark cos you don't want those ugly buggers to scare you. I hear your pretty handy with rubber things, oh yeah and don't forget to bring your leather gear, this of course will get them pretty excited.

Yeah these lads need a change from chasing sheep round the neighbours paddocks and you'll be just the challenge they need.

cowpoos
6th May 2006, 10:45
Hey Mattie you should organise a after hours meet with these country boys. Say at the Camelia court at the KB track day. Make sure its dark cos you don't want those ugly buggers to scare you. I hear your pretty handy with rubber things, oh yeah and don't forget to bring your leather gear, this of course will get them pretty excited.

Yeah these lads need a change from chasing sheep round the neighbours paddocks and you'll be just the challenge they need.
I have sheep in my own paddock thank you very much...!!!!

Kornholio
6th May 2006, 10:56

Hey, what the neighbour dont know wont hurt him :doobey:

motobob
6th May 2006, 12:50
Oops I screwed up here Mattie isn't who I thought HE was. Apologies girl.

Mattie
6th May 2006, 21:16
Thats ok, but jus so u all kno, im a CHICK! wats wit dis rubber things n chasing sheep?

cowpoos
6th May 2006, 23:06
Thats ok, but jus so u all kno, im a CHICK! wats wit dis rubber things n chasing sheep?
you got something against sheep? are you species-est ?

Mattie
7th May 2006, 18:17
noo...never! i like sheep....really, i do! hehe

babyB
12th May 2006, 22:33
hay motobob got these on 7 May '06 Taupo
sorry they not my best work
& one on 30_4_2006 at taupo