PDA

View Full Version : A cruiser with Buell attitude

Rashika
2nd April 2006, 20:41
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Buell-Lightning-Chopper-Custom-Chopper-Buell_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ49985QQitemZ46262 03668QQrdZ1#ebayphotohosting

Certainly a different variation on a theme....I kinda like it. Although every time I look at it I keep trying to figure it out... I can see all the Buell parts, but cant quite connect all the dots... its like it has morfed into a whole new being. Nicely done tho!

hXc
2nd April 2006, 20:45
...Interesting to say the least. But nice job. Not a fan of cruisers myself but that's a mighty sexy bike

Shadows
2nd April 2006, 21:25
Fucken awesome! Surely that's not production, is it?
I'd be surprised if HD would allow Buell to put these out, it would cannabalise and quickly kill the Sportster market.
I know I'd have one, thats for sure.

Dodgyiti
2nd April 2006, 22:22
I like the look of that, nice and lean, with some reasonable looking ground clearance.
Bet it sounds the horn with those pipes!
:headbang:

Big Dave
2nd April 2006, 22:39
What happens if you are over 3 feet tall?

Shadows
2nd April 2006, 22:55

Geeze it sounds like you think bikes are supposed to be practical!
Any way it doesn't matter. With what looks like a rigid rear end once all of your discs compress its surprising how much height you lose.
As for the legs, thats where the forward controls come in.

Mental Trousers
2nd April 2006, 23:19
It looks damn cool. Very inventive. All he's really done is make a new frame. No doubt there's a few other bits and pieces but that's about it. Nice.

Rashika
3rd April 2006, 06:33
Fucken awesome! Surely that's not production, is it?
I'd be surprised if HD would allow Buell to put these out, it would cannabalise and quickly kill the Sportster market.
I know I'd have one, thats for sure.
Click on the link to take you to info about it... its a one off originally built from an XB9S, he has some pics of the before bike as well.
And its for sale on ebay, about $8000 US last time I looked....but you've prob lucked out now, i think it might have closed :msn-wink:

Jackrat
3rd April 2006, 16:17

Tough,us short arses need a break now an then.
You could use your knees to keep your ears warm mate:msn-wink:

Bloody neat bike I'm thinkin'.

Big Dave
3rd April 2006, 16:54
Yeah - i know, too critical - I tried a hyabusa on for size over at motohaus and kerry pissed himself when i didn't fit on it. my legs would have to ride outside the fairing and looked preying mantis like.

that's why i like my buell - it's 6'5".

Rashika
4th April 2006, 06:23
Yeah - i know, too critical - I tried a hyabusa on for size over at motohaus and kerry pissed himself when i didn't fit on it. my legs would have to ride outside the fairing and looked preying mantis like.

that's why i like my buell - it's 6'5".
yeah i can see why... I tried to sit on a Ulysses, not a hope! And I am reasonably tall for a woman. I think you'd need to be at least 6ft (probably more) to feel comfy/stable on it.

kro
4th April 2006, 06:45
That looks better than a Harley imo, I wonder if there was a clause in Buells contract with HD, that they were never to compete with HD by making cruisers?.

Shadows
4th April 2006, 23:34
That looks better than a Harley imo, I wonder if there was a clause in Buells contract with HD, that they were never to compete with HD by making cruisers?.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe HD control 51% of Buell so I don't think you'll see Buell going head to head in competition with HD in any segment any time soon!

HenryDorsetCase
5th April 2006, 11:56
I really like it.

In fact I like a lot of the new school and new old school choppers: Jesse Rooke and Roland Sands and those guys. Particularly Roland Sands stuff cos he used to be a roadracer, so he wants something that handles. It doesnt hurt his family owns PM either.