PDA

View Full Version : MR Race report R4 AMCC 1st April '06

Motoracer
3rd April 2006, 00:06
Shit, I haven't done one of these in a LONG time...

This was one of the most relaxed race meetings that I have attended as I was not under any kind of pressure and I didn't have anything to prove. I just wanted to see how my new bike performed against the compition, learn the bike itself and most importantly, have fun!

Qualifying went pretty trouble free in the morning. I think I qualified with a 1.05 which put me at about 8th on the grid out of about 13 bikes in F2. The times showed that other than the top 3 riders, everyone else was in the 1.04 - 1.06 bracket so it looked like the day was going to be a whole lot of fun!

Race 1: I was on the far right hand side of the track on the grid, 3rd row back. The race starts have always been my strong point, so it was time to see if I still had it in me to get off the line quick enough. The red flag was put away and Chris eagerly held the green flag high up in the air. As the engines started reving up furiously around me, I clicked it into first and got ready to do my thing. I find it amazing, how you can almost freeze time, and split a second into milli seconds and just nail it as you see the green flag go down in slow motion (or how it seems at the time anyway). My start this time was pretty average, I just kept right up behind the fast dudes heading into Jennian and I lined myself up behind Ricky Mckay. By the second lap, the real quick dudes had already pissed off into the distance and left me and Ricky behind for dead. For the rest of the race, I was pretty much following Ricky... I knew I could go faster than him through the esses and over the hill but not fast enough to pass him. Going on the brakes, he was a touch stronger than me and on the exit for the hairpin, he definetly seemed to have a lot better drive. So, all I could really do was hold on to my position and grab a 7th to finish race 1. My best time for race 1 was a flat 1.06 so my times weren't looking too impressive at all.

Race 2: This was pretty much a repeat of race 1, however I got a slightly better start this time and had 6th on my sights, until I was passed agian by Ricky. I finished 7th again but this time, I had a slightly better lap time which was a 1.05.

Race 3: I had a really good start this time and I already had 3rd in my sights while entering Jennian. I soon lost 3rd and held on to 4th for 4 and a half laps until I made a mistake while exiting the hairpin. Then Sneaky Ricky quickly took advantage of that shoved me behind by managing to pass me by a wheel length going into the first left after the hair pin. I was pretty gutted about that, but I came home with a 5th so I was pretty happy. This time, my lap time droped to a 1.04 so I was feeling better about myself with that effort.

So all in all a pretty wicked day out on the track for me! I got to learn the bike a bit better and I had a great time dicing with Ricky on the K4 GSXR600. The weather was awesome, so I didn't have anything to complain about for the whole day!

A huge thanks goes out to my awesome Pit Bitch, aka Bugjuice!! Another major huge thank you goes out to Death_Inc. Shit, he's a good dude... Cheers for working on my bike to get it ready in time man, you'r a legend!! Thanks to my best mate F/F and my other great mates for their support! Thanks to Twosmoker for letting me borrow your tire warmers and giving me advise about the track. Thanks heaps erik and others who took pictures as well. Also, thanks to the lovely flag marshals for doing a fantastic job out there on the track and keeping us safe (while looking pretty damn stylie in the bright orange jump suits!).

Pic1: At the pits about to refuel.
Pic2: Doing a wheelie out of the pits.
Pic3: Race 3 start, I am just hidden behind bike #11 there in the pic.
Pic4: The right hander at the bottom of the hill.

FROSTY
3rd April 2006, 00:17
great to see ya back out there dude :2thumbsup :2thumbsup

babyB
3rd April 2006, 01:29
good on ya MR bet it feels good to be out there again

erik
3rd April 2006, 07:45
What frosty said: it's good to see you out there again. :)

Two Smoker
3rd April 2006, 08:27
Wicked stuff Sudeep!!! Great stuff on cracking the 1:04's!!! Glad you had a great day and had fun... some nice wheelies too...

Sparky Bills
3rd April 2006, 08:30
Nice one man.

Keystone19
3rd April 2006, 09:02
Great write up Sudeep, and thanks again for lending me your bike.

You are a legend.

Jill

motobob
3rd April 2006, 12:54
Thanks for letting us pit next to you Sudeep. Was good to ride with one the KB legends. There was some good depth to the field in F2 makes the move more fun.

Firefight
3rd April 2006, 16:01
as always a dam good write up man .

look fwd to comparing our two bikes soon.

F/F

Kwaka-Kid
3rd April 2006, 20:22
good to see you again sudeep! :) thanks for the read, and thanks for the party! Really glad to see you happy on the track with no serious pressure eh!

HDTboy
4th April 2006, 12:40
Fuck you were slow, wait till I get the 400 going, I'll waste you ow.

Cheers for the bed though, and the race across town

Steve_R6R
5th April 2006, 19:33
Good write up, nice bike, r u doing the Vic Series?

Motoracer
9th April 2006, 12:34
No need to thank me people, it's all good eh! :niceone:

look fwd to comparing our two bikes soon.F/F

Yea man, can't wait!

Good write up, nice bike, r u doing the Vic Series?

No man, I've had enough of that for a while. I thought I was brave enough for it last year but this year, with uni and other stuff in mind, I won't be able to make it.

Cheers for the bed though, and the race across town

No worries bro, you can crash at my place anytime when you are up here in Auckland! :) We so should have picked up the lot from the bus station! The party would have been even way better!

Speaking of which, thoes who managed to make it to my party, thanks for coming! :)

P.S. I have attached some more cool picies all thanks to Mrs. F/F!

Pic1: My pit crew, which consisted of me and my super model pitbitch, aka Bugjuice!
Pic2: The line up of F2 bikes on the dummy grid.
Pic3: The line up at the starting grid.

Thanks for the support, everyone!

HDTboy
10th April 2006, 12:27
We so should have picked up the lot from the bus station! The party would have been even way better!
If Kit hadn't wheelied past them on a public road then done a runner we would've had time to stop and pick some of them up, hell we even had gear so one could get on the bike

DemonWolf
11th April 2006, 13:10
Great writeup.. enjoyed reading it. Keep it goin! =)