PDA

View Full Version : QUASI Race report 1/04/06

Quasievil
3rd April 2006, 08:20
Race # 140
Bike GSXR400 sp

Well my day started out slow and basicllay ended up that way also but any way here we go.

My Prep started last Friday at taupo with getting the bike all set up, thanks to Shaun Harris and Tony Reese for doing that for me by the end of that day the bike was running sweet.
Now to Race day, I went out into Qualifying and practice with the target of 1.13 sec laps which I had hoped would put me further up the start grid. The Bike was running really well and the handling was very much improved, better than ever, I was having some head shake along the back straight and through Jenian so I turned the Dampner right up and that fixed it nicely, well most of it.
I ended up qualifying with a 1.18 lap, which was disappointing to me but I didnt get hung up on that, my spot on the grid meant that I was 3rd grid on the left side, another row of bikes behind me.
The first race I had a predictable bad start (no other bikes behind me they all shot to the front) with my sucky gearbox but got away reasonably well without loosing to much time, I was however at the back of the feild, I was staying focused and went all out, passing two riders leading up to castrol, they both took me out just through the kink so I was at the back again. I picked up the pace had a nice slide over the hill and ended up picking another spot, cant remember actually (no glory) but I think I came in last or second last best time 1.15
I changed my gearing back in the pits to get a better start which did help and didnt make much difference to the back straight speed, but didnt give me a worthy advantage so will change back
Race two Out we go with me going into Jennian at the back of the feild, was basically a reinactment of the first race best time 1.16 came second last
Race three same but I decided that "fuck em" no one is bothering to adhere to the given starting grid so Im going up to the second row...... fuck me days they pull out the paper and put everyone back to where they should be.... no matter. Raced hard as possible, had a slide cause I fucked up gear change into Castrol and the bike was no happy about it, controlled it and just fucken hammered the bastard as hard as I could. I ended up third from last, my best position all day.
Highlights were racing against Vtwin, on his CBR 250R, good rider we were tossling all day long and having a great fight came close a couple of times but nothing serious.

At the moment Im a bit dispondent with the whole race thing, I have to either buy more horspower or radically shed about 30 kgs to be competitive.
Me thinks I will sell the bike and look at something else, like a go kart with pedals.

Thanks to my sponsors QUASiMOTO (me) and eric for the Photos.

FROSTY
3rd April 2006, 08:32
dont give up bro--Lets get that ol gal singing :apumpin:

Sparky Bills
3rd April 2006, 08:33
Bikes looking good mate.
(those are the first pics ive seen of it)

Two Smoker
3rd April 2006, 08:55
Wicked stuff Bret!!! Dont give up, keep working at it!!! Ill give you some tips, and ill have a chat to a few mates and see if i can sort out your gearing :niceone: Well done on the new PB :niceone:

Keystone19
3rd April 2006, 08:58
Bret, you can't give up. You are one of the guys that got me into this and the thing I think is brilliant is the fact that you are out there enjoying it no matter where you come. After my bin on Saturday I told myself that so long as I was enjoying it then it didn't matter how fast I went. So I slowed down and still had a big grin on my face coming into the pits.

And I saw you grin too so don't tell me you weren't enjoying it!

sAsLEX
3rd April 2006, 09:21
Thanks to my sponsors QUASiMOTO (me) and eric for the Photos.

Those leathers are looking good!

Bit early in the game to be calling it quits aint it?

Quasievil
3rd April 2006, 09:52
I aint quitting, that was a tounge in cheek comment, I will quit once I get to the WSB podium.

babyB
3rd April 2006, 10:08
good write up. stick with it is so good for the soul.
lol recomends more races; lack of sleep & at least 3days of stress b4 a meet .....the weight will naturay fall

Racey Rider
3rd April 2006, 12:40
Your photos Look faster than My photos,, so your doing alright.
How many times have those other guys been around that track compared to you! It makes a big difference. (That's what I'm gunn'a be saying if I ever get up there again anyway).
Good to hear from all place getters in the field. Probably more encouraging to those thinking about giving it a go, than when they read about the top 3 place getters and think, 'I could never get that good, so why bother trying.'

Did you have Fun? I'm sure you did. And there's always someone at your pace to race against wherever you are in the F3 field.

Why do you think the sp gearbox is so bad? I thought they were suppost to be just the thing for race use?

motobob
3rd April 2006, 13:29
Good write up Quasi. Feel for you dude. Hard when you wanting to go forward and your going sideways.:slap: Hard as it is, relax and remember your there to enjoy yourself. BTW I've got a cheap Gixxer thou motor if you really need it. otherwise I'll put it in my Honda to even things up in my own class.:ar15:

dss3
3rd April 2006, 15:33
Na, give up... you suck! :chase:

Kwaka-Kid
3rd April 2006, 20:30
Hey Bret, good to see you again dude! But in light of hte whole getting down about bike thing.. i dont know if selling it is the answer... i Could have one other answer and will talk to you (hopefully) tomorrow about it. But SP gearbox = good... you do ONE takeoff in 1st, but you (should, i feel) spend SIX other times during the race in it, i.e the hairpin, where an SP gearbox is great because it carries you that bit further towards leaning more upright before you have to hit second gear and often unstick the rear for a moment. Gotta look at the positives dude! and i reckon she has alot goin for her :)

Quasievil
3rd April 2006, 20:34
Hey Bret, good to see you again dude! But in light of hte whole getting down about bike thing.. i dont know if selling it is the answer... i Could have one other answer and will talk to you (hopefully) tomorrow about it. But SP gearbox = good... you do ONE takeoff in 1st, but you (should, i feel) spend SIX other times during the race in it, i.e the hairpin, where an SP gearbox is great because it carries you that bit further towards leaning more upright before you have to hit second gear and often unstick the rear for a moment. Gotta look at the positives dude! and i reckon she has alot goin for her :)

Might drop in in the afternoon if youre around mate
cheers

Kwaka-Kid
3rd April 2006, 20:44
done.

cucu :)

vtec
3rd April 2006, 22:03
Quasi man, I had a great time racing with you. I swear we were always within 20 metres of each other, for all 3 races. Without you there it would have sucked balls. And, that last dash late braking thing on inside into the hairpin kept it exciting right to the last lap of the last race. Stick at it man, I reckon Formula 3 is an awesome class, however I think you might suit a 650 better. I'm 65kg, so that's why the CBR's working well for me.

Quasievil
3rd April 2006, 22:19
you might suit a 650 better.

I HAVE A LITTLE PLAN UNFOLDING, TOMORROW WILL KNOW FOR SURE STAY TUNED YOUNGLING (OOPS Caps cant be arse writing it agin)

dss3
3rd April 2006, 22:35
Quasi man,I'm 65kg, so that's why the CBR's working well for me.

You wouldn't weight much more than that though would you Quasi?... Would you?:kick:

vtec
4th April 2006, 00:22
I HAVE A LITTLE PLAN UNFOLDING, TOMORROW WILL KNOW FOR SURE STAY TUNED YOUNGLING (OOPS Caps cant be arse writing it agin)

Alright just finished typing my race report over the last couple of hours, and its tomorrow already, so what is this devious little plan of yours :devil2: I must know.

gpercivl
4th April 2006, 16:25
Way to go Quasi! Don't give up but don't listen to Logan either...he is one twisted dude!!!

texmo
4th April 2006, 17:27
Man your ferrings are flash Quasi where did you get them from? tyga?

dss3
4th April 2006, 17:30
Man your ferrings are flash Quasi where did you get them from? tyga?

Nah, they are crap fairings, just with a fancy paint job! Must have been some really talented painted who did those bad boys...

texmo
4th April 2006, 17:33
Where did you get yours from? are any of them still intact after your crash? you gonna be at stunt day?

Quasievil
4th April 2006, 17:35
I got them sanded and painted at Modern transport they are my sponsors, got a hell deal going on with the Boss there, he is looking at getting me a new race bike, he said he wanted to sponsor someone but couldnt find anyone worthy of his cash so I got in at the right time he thinks I have heaps of potential so Im it, hes got a couple of guys at work that ride, Dss3 included but he doesnt like the way they paint their Toenails at work, so he thinks they are bit weird and they dont portray the company image very well.

:motu:

MadDuck
5th April 2006, 22:04
Glad to see you havent given up.

You cant go until I work out WTF the symbol on the front of your Tshirt means. Now that could take some time.

Oh and if Keystone is anything to go by ...you may just help others into some of that "Need for speed" :second:

Work with me here...speed ..means need for good quality leathers!

Great to catch up with you and Paula again on Saturday.

GSVR
6th April 2006, 17:10
Its probably been said before but the green helmet, blue leathers and red bike really clash.

Your only just beginning and the positives are you haven't crashed yet.

I'm also concerned about not going fast enough but the only way I'll get better is to get out there as often as I can and try to improve and learn from each outing.

What takes real commitment is not drinking or eating to excess and hard out exercise to loose weight and gain stamina. Haven't got around to this bit yet.

FROSTY
6th April 2006, 23:45
thats basicly what I think Garry. Before tossing the ol 400 away quazi y6ou wanna see how you go on the 30th.
You've had a big gap from racing -wasnt your last meeting like 6 months ago?? I dunno about you but i can't just hop back on from such a long layoff and go fast -it just doesn't happen. I betya anything you'll go heaps better at Taupo matey

Quasievil
7th April 2006, 07:33
Its probably been said before but the green helmet, blue leathers and red bike really clash.

Your only just beginning and the positives are you haven't crashed yet.

I'm also concerned about not going fast enough but the only way I'll get better is to get out there as often as I can and try to improve and learn from each outing.

What takes real commitment is not drinking or eating to excess and hard out exercise to loose weight and gain stamina. Haven't got around to this bit yet.

whats wrong with my colour scheme ? looked cool mate !!

Yeah I have crashed, in Taupo while chasing frosty for second position, thats way back though.
last race I had was a while ago youre right so do need more track time.

Takinf it easy on food etc, mmmmmmmmm yeah right !

MadDuck
7th April 2006, 22:22
whats wrong with my colour scheme ? looked cool mate !!

Yeah I have crashed, in Taupo while chasing frosty for second position, thats way back though.
last race I had was a while ago youre right so do need more track time.

Takinf it easy on food etc, mmmmmmmmm yeah right !

Takin it easy on food..nows theres a Tuis ad in the making !!!!

Oh and dont chase Frosty cos most likely you end up off the track :banana: :banana:

Motoracer
9th April 2006, 10:52
Hey Bret, it was good to see you race again.

I reckon it's all in the head eh. Just remember that Quasi who shot past Frosty in the wet on his 1st fukin race meet and started flying around in Taupo.

Don't give up at all! The speed is within you! You'r a good rider with excelent techniques... You just need to find that drive to thrash the fuck out of your bike and go full tits!!

You can do it Bret!!! :niceone: