PDA

View Full Version : Bike prep' for Saturday 8th April

White trash
3rd April 2006, 18:25
Right-Oh, here's what to do and what to expect.

Things your bike will need are: All glass and plastic taped. Remove the mirrors if ya can.
Brake pads and lines in good nick with no "soggyness"
Tread on both front and rear tyres unless you are using only the burnout pad.
Wheel bearings, steering head bearings and swing arm bearings will all be checked, as will fork seals.
Oil leaks from motor and you'll not be allowed on track.

As for your riding gear, common sense prevails here. Don't turn up in your gym shoes, jeans and Motly Crew T-shirt, you'll be told to fuck off. Proper motorcycling gear such as:

Boots above ankles, full face helmet, gloves, motorcycle quality jacket and pants or leathers, back protector if you don't have armour built in to your gear.

EDIT: Bikes with "12 bars" fitted (that are using them) will be checked to see if they're likely to damage the track. If they are looking dodgy, guess what? No 12s. Sorry.
Any questions?

texmo
3rd April 2006, 18:39
Hey trashy My wheels have play but all scooters are like that is this ok?

Also can I wear my stunt helmet with chucks taken out of it only small ones mind you, Its not like im going fast enough to hurt myself.

aff-man
3rd April 2006, 19:13
talking to death tonight... Is IT ok if i go mufflerless??

Not to sure about the other stuff... bike seems fine to me.

White trash
3rd April 2006, 20:02
No. Your bike's gotta have a full pipe on it mate.

texmo
3rd April 2006, 20:04
Am I not good enough to deserve an Answer?

White trash
3rd April 2006, 20:09
Nope. You're a fuckwit.

larriken
3rd April 2006, 20:09
Right-Oh, here's what to do and what to expect.

Things your bike will need are: All glass and plastic taped. Remove the mirrors if ya can.
Brake pads and lines in good nick with no "soggyness"
Tread on both front and rear tyres unless you are using only the burnout pad.
Wheel bearings, steering head bearings and swing arm bearings will all be checked, as will fork seals.
Oil leaks from motor and you'll not be allowed on track.

As for your riding gear, common sense prevails here. Don't turn up in your gym shoes, jeans and Motly Crew T-shirt, you'll be told to fuck off. Proper motorcycling gear such as:

Boots above ankles, full face helmet, gloves, motorcycle quality jacket and pants or leathers, back protector if you don't have armour built in to your gear.

Any questions?

Can I wear my Motley Crew tee over my leather jacket then?

GIXser
3rd April 2006, 20:13
im wearing my Fuckin Nappies" ill bring some spares" for the rest of ya

and oh" a raincoat"

aff-man
3rd April 2006, 20:13

Just for curiosity sake why is that... and for the record what exactly are the exact specifications. Them cars racing later in the day won't have em so it won't be a noise thing.

Just wondering cause I really don't wanna munch the carbon muffler,.

T.I.E
3rd April 2006, 20:16
the bike will have all the bits, as it will be the camera will be getting a work out, so don't hold back, wanna seee lots of great pictures, crash, screw ups, and smiling faces.

oh yeah!!!!!, roar roar raaarrrr !!!!! (insert testosterone here) oppps crap smash, and click. thanks.:nya:

but i'm looking for those great photo opprtunities.:wait: :blip:

White trash
3rd April 2006, 20:24
Just for curiosity sake why is that... and for the record what exactly are the exact specifications. Them cars racing later in the day won't have em so it won't be a noise thing.

Just wondering cause I really don't wanna munch the carbon muffler,.

So put the stock one on. Or better still, make a new one for the day. To start with, your bike will run like shit without a muffler. Secondly, it'll be spitting flames out the exhaust. I've seen rubber on a burnout pad ignite from exhaust flames. Thirdly, it'll make my fuckin' ears bleed. Fourthly, I don't need a reason.

Can't comment on the cars, technically, they're on a different booking. Different clubs have different rules and our contract sez "Keep the noise to an acceptable level"

White trash
3rd April 2006, 20:30

I'll be wearing my new shirt.

aff-man
3rd April 2006, 20:32
So put the stock one on. Or better still, make a new one for the day. To start with, your bike will run like shit without a muffler. Secondly, it'll be spitting flames out the exhaust. I've seen rubber on a burnout pad ignite from exhaust flames. Thirdly, it'll make my fuckin' ears bleed. Fourthly, I don't need a reason.

Can't comment on the cars, technically, they're on a different booking. Different clubs have different rules and our contract sez "Keep the noise to an acceptable level"

Sold the stock one and it's a full system anyway so i'll try get something sorted.
1) bike won't run thaty shit without a muffler cause it's basically straight though anyway
2) not gonna be doing burnouts
3) *hands WT a can of harden up*
4) *hands WT a baby blanket*

So yeh I'll see what I can get sorted. But would still like to know exact specs cause otherwise i'll just get an extension pipe to make the header pipe a bit longer :blink: :blink:

White trash
3rd April 2006, 20:35
Well do that mate, I'd rather see ya with a pipe the right length than none at all. You're a clever chap, take ya no more than half an hour to knock one up so get cracking.

aff-man
3rd April 2006, 20:38
Well do that mate, I'd rather see ya with a pipe the right length than none at all. You're a clever chap, take ya no more than half an hour to knock one up so get cracking.

Sweet will try get something resembling a proper pipe made tomorrow or so.. See ya fri

GIXser
3rd April 2006, 20:48
Sweet will try get something resembling a proper pipe made tomorrow or so.. See ya fri

hey Aff, i got a spare handy towel roll" let me know if ya want it,, also got some glue and tape...

aff-man
3rd April 2006, 21:28
hey Aff, i got a spare handy towel roll" let me know if ya want it,, also got some glue and tape...

Actially I'm thinking about one of those big milo tins....

DEATH_INC.
3rd April 2006, 21:39
Is an Iron Maiden shirt ok then?

DEATH_INC.
3rd April 2006, 21:46
RE the 12 bars thing, wots the go? Wot are ya lookin for, things like sharp ends etc? Prolly could maybe bolt a bit of wood to it with recessed bolts(just an Idea)? Would that do it? Any suggestions?
(Just trying to clear this up for those with 'em)

White trash
4th April 2006, 07:24
Just wanna make sure that the plate wont dig in when it comes in contact with the tarmac.

DEATH_INC.
4th April 2006, 08:17
Just wanna make sure that the plate wont dig in when it comes in contact with the tarmac.
So a good skid plate is ok then :niceone:

The Beast
6th April 2006, 21:29
You guys are useless, it's motley crue!! with those dot things that i can't do.