PDA

View Full Version : good news for standby riders at TD3

FROSTY
3rd April 2006, 20:44
Folks due to the management of taupo raceway deciding at this f#### late date they were putting the price of track hire up by $475 I've decided to allow 75 people on Track day 3. Im comfortable itll be safe given lap times are over a minute.
All the people who sent me money to be on standby are now IN

Velox
3rd April 2006, 20:56
So I'm assuming by your resounding silence to my Qs that I'm not in yet Frosty? Sorry if you've been over this but if we give you a deposit to be on standby and don't get on the track do you just hand us some $ up there or something?

FROSTY
3rd April 2006, 21:08
sorry Velox ive been busy tonight.
The way it works is --those prepared to put money where mouth is go on the standby list -first come first served.
If you don't get on the track then YES definitely you get your money back

Velox
5th April 2006, 23:28
I've put in a deposit tonight Frosty, so if a few people back out I should hopefully get a shot.

Just an idea (spurred on cause it costs so much compared to the last one)...
Since the track's way bigger perhaps we could have bigger classes since everyone will be able to spread out more? Then we could have less classes which means everyone would get more track time.

Jase W
6th April 2006, 00:23
Does the standby system work on the basis that there will be X number of spots, and its just whoever has paid that turns up first on the day that gets to fill them?

u4ea
6th April 2006, 00:33
:2thumbsup
I've put in a deposit tonight Frosty, so if a few people back out I should hopefully get a shot.

Since the track's way bigger perhaps we could have bigger classes since everyone will be able to spread out more? Then we could have less classes which means everyone would get more track time.
:2thumbsup :2thumbsup :2thumbsup :2thumbsup good on ya.keep the wind at your back and go hard

DEATH_INC.
6th April 2006, 08:42

good idea except the new track is tricky to pass on, will frustrate a lot of people....

cowpoos
6th April 2006, 10:20
Folks due to the management of taupo raceway deciding at this f#### late date they were putting the price of track hire up by $475 I've decided to allow 75 people on Track day 3. Im comfortable itll be safe given lap times are over a minute.
All the people who sent me money to be on standby are now IN
did u have the first price in writing?....sounds like they pulling the wool over your eyes mate...

ajturbo
6th April 2006, 16:16
good idea except the new track is tricky to pass on, will frustrate a lot of people....

hahahaha.. that will piss a LOT of people off that are following me....hahahaha

Aj..... the moving road block

FROSTY
6th April 2006, 18:32
I had a meeting today with the GM and marketing manager of the track.
They have explained everything to me --Im gonna start a new thread about it cos I think its important stuff for everyone

ajturbo
6th April 2006, 20:08
I had a meeting today with the GM and marketing manager of the track.
They have explained everything to me --Im gonna start a new thread about it cos I think its important stuff for everyone

ummm .... have you started it yet?...where????

FROSTY
7th April 2006, 08:04
yup and ---under meetings and events --tis not exclusive to td3