PDA

View Full Version : Can someone down Wellington way

Bonez
4th April 2006, 18:32
Have a gander at this ol gal for me http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=52640899

Thanks

crazefox
4th April 2006, 21:11
i can mate i live in Porirua if you contact him and jack it up:beer: :beer: :beer: :drinknsin

sels1
4th April 2006, 21:24
And if he cant make it pm me and I can shoot down and have a look.:niceone:

Bonez
5th April 2006, 01:32
Cheers guys. I've ask the seller for a contact phone no. We'll see how things go from there.

Insanity_rules
5th April 2006, 07:01
Thats a nice looking CB dude.

Paul in NZ
5th April 2006, 08:30
Cheers guys. I've ask the seller for a contact phone no. We'll see how things go from there.

I'm a little short of time at the moment but let me know if I can help. It's only 30 mins from my place.

What are the known problems with these things? I seem to remember the comstar wheels could develop loose rivets? Anything else?

Paul N

COP_B8
5th April 2006, 14:12
Hey. the contact ph. number is up there: 027 4300616

I live in Porirua but don't know i'd be the best person to look at it, I mean already I can see its
- missing all the fairings
- Got one to many seats
- I think he may have lost the wheels and just put his bicycle rims on in the mean time
- And doesn't rev over 9000rpm

:weird:

Bonez
5th April 2006, 15:51
I'm a little short of time at the moment but let me know if I can help. It's only 30 mins from my place.

What are the known problems with these things? I seem to remember the comstar wheels could develop loose rivets? Anything else?

Paul N Not too worried about the comstars. Early ones apperently were ment to have issues. Gerties ones are ok and I've had it 20 years. Just after imput of general condition. Does the motor idle/ rev freely, brakes function ok. I take it it has leaking carbs looking at the pics. No biggy either he has spares. Basicly is it up to WOF standard. I have enough spares if needed to sort out any mechical issues. Clutches tend to get a bit rattly with age and the cam chains rattle which is general easy enough to sort out.

Bonez
5th April 2006, 15:58
Hey. the contact ph. number is up there: 027 4300616

I live in Porirua but don't know i'd be the best person to look at it, I mean already I can see its
- missing all the fairings
- Got one to many seats
- I think he may have lost the wheels and just put his bicycle rims on in the mean time
- And doesn't rev over 9000rpm

:weird:Thank must do something about getting new glasses.
Easy to service, less to break.
Put extra weight on the back seat to hold the back wheel on the deck when it rains.
Now that was funny. Ensures better ground clearance on roads sprot bike riders fear to go.
Yes they do. Right passed red line and around again.............:eyepoke:

Bonez
5th April 2006, 16:19
Thats a nice looking CB dude.Looks ok for her age. Never knew there was an FX though. As far as I'm aware the FZ was the first model here I believe. Looks like a Jap market model, as the instument cluster has the speed warning light and it has the CB900 style instrument cluster. Our early dohc 750Fs had the same syle clusters as the dohc 750Ks IIRC.

nudemetalz
5th April 2006, 16:30
About the revving thru redline, if I remember back in the old days, the first CB900F's had quite an undersquare motor and would throw rods if overrevved.

I think the CB750F's are slightly undersquare too, aren't they?

Bonez
5th April 2006, 16:42
About the revving thru redline, if I remember back in the old days, the first CB900F's had quite an undersquare motor and would throw rods if overrevved.

I think the CB750F's are slightly undersquare too, aren't they?Yip and a higher piston speed than the 900 to boot. So more prone to damage if over revved.

Stupid design decision to go for double cam chains though, more weight and complexity for no real gain at all. Suzukis had similar performance, still had single row roller cam chains and never had any major issues.