PDA

View Full Version : Kawasaki ZXR250 Rebuild

R6_kid
23rd April 2004, 20:19
I have recently purchased a dismantled '89 ZXR250 and will begin to rebuild it in the next few weeks. I intend to do this as a 'project' over the next few months, as money and time permit. My initial goal is to rebuild the bike and get it going spik and span, so first things first.

What I need:
-Repair Manual?
-Wiring diagram
-Haynes manual?
-Original users manual?

If you can help me with any of the above i would be more than thankful. Also if their are any mechanics or anyone else that has a good knowledge that wouldnt mind lending me a hand when i need it, please email me(gdeacon_nz AT hotmail.com) or text me 021413898.
I will post photos soon, and also as i progress through building the bike.
cheers
gareth

6Chris6
23rd April 2004, 23:55
What I need:
-Repair Manual?
-Wiring diagram
-Haynes manual?
-Original users manual?

Good luck, your gonna need it, I've tried everywhere to get a zxr 250 manual (Haynes don't do one or Clymer) here and over-seas and the best i could do was one in Japenese from a bike shop in Aussie! :no:

Posh Tourer :P
24th April 2004, 18:49
wow heaps of lost posts..... yeah we couldnt find a manual for a ZXR400 yet either....You will need one though. And a big garage with lotsa tools and a lot of time. I would recommend, if it isnt complete, do a trial, loose assembly of the bits you have, and try and find out what you need to get. Then you will know if you can do it for a reasonable price, and you can strip it down and do a good build, with everything lubricated and torqued up to the right settings. I wouldnt even try it without a good, well appointed garage.....

R6_kid
25th April 2004, 15:57
i went 2 motomail and they're gonna try and track down a manual for me.
I have a two car garage filled with junk, once its cleared out there will be more than enough room.

The motor is complete, minus one or two hoses. The main things missing are cosmetic parts like the the pipes for the air intakes off the top fairing. I do plan to re-lube the entire engine but before i go taking things apart i will need to have a manual incase nething goes wrong.
cheers for the input, i'll keep you posted as things go along.

Andrew
25th April 2004, 16:51
i went 2 motomail and they're gonna try and track down a manual for me.
I have a two car garage filled with junk, once its cleared out there will be more than enough room.

The motor is complete, minus one or two hoses. The main things missing are cosmetic parts like the the pipes for the air intakes off the top fairing. I do plan to re-lube the entire engine but before i go taking things apart i will need to have a manual incase nething goes wrong.
cheers for the input, i'll keep you posted as things go along.

Which school are you at? I know Westlake have an automotive teacher there.

madandy
25th April 2004, 18:09
:niceone:

Me & shazuki have just, today, started a full ground up rebiuld of a '89 GSXR250. We can swap horror stories over winter and share some tricks and contacts as we discover them to ease the pain of custom work that may be required...

R6_kid
25th April 2004, 20:01
Which school are you at? I know Westlake have an automotive teacher there.

yeh good guess, im on school holidays at the moment. I was gonna talk to the automotive teacher when i find out who it is. I get along with my teachers but i dont think i want them pottering around at my house let alone in my garage!!!

as for the gsxr, good luck with your project, looking forward to swapping stories, maybe when we're done we mite get a chance to meet up at and compare the end results!!! (I have to replace fairings to the value of around $700 so there may or may not be a custom paint job in there aswell :2thumbsup )

Andrew
25th April 2004, 20:18
yeh good guess, im on school holidays at the moment. I was gonna talk to the automotive teacher when i find out who it is. I get along with my teachers but i dont think i want them pottering around at my house let alone in my garage!!!

I had Mr Mackle for F6 Automotive engineering. I would approach him (if he's still there) and see if you could use the school workshops to fiddle with the bike, perhaps during your lunch hour or after school.

I've just been talking to my bro - he's in your computing class right?

R6_kid
26th April 2004, 13:14
have talked to automotive teacher (mr mackle) and he has not probs with me working on it at lunch times. Only prob is where to keep it when im not using it as other students would be free to touch and fiddle :angry2:

I might do a loose assembly of the bike minus the forks, engine and wheels, however i get the distinct feeling most of the parts i intend to leave at home will be the parts i need most.

I now have a 50 page instruction manual, however it is very grainy and the writing is in japanese, it is a full rebuild book from what i can tell.

rammstein636
19th November 2005, 13:31
If you or anyone need second hand parts for a zxr250A (this ones a 90', i also intended to rebuild, but scabbed a few too many parts to get my good one going!) then give me a PM or 021 076 4365

Philip

qldzxr250a
22nd November 2005, 17:09
i have the complete kawasaki service manual (english version) for the zxr250a. 56mb total trying to find a hosting space so i can upload it to web.

msn me @ kris_mckenna@hotmail.com and i can send u parts if u have fast connection.... anyone with a spare 56mb of hosting space for a zxr manual????

R6_kid
22nd November 2005, 19:16
this is a very old thread, bike has been completed and sold on :banana:

rammstein636
23rd November 2005, 18:01
Cool man, there's still plenty of people around with zxr's that need tender care.

QLD ZXR, i'd love to have a look at that manual. Let me know if you manage to get a server!

Cheers

Philip