PDA

View Full Version : Uploading Vids

wkid_one
25th April 2004, 10:24
ANy chance we can get vids loaded as valid extensions for uploads?

.wmv
.rr
.mpeg
etc

dss3
27th April 2004, 12:29
on the subject of videos do any of you tech guys know how to convert wmv video to mp3 video? If so is it reasonably easy to do?
-cheers, daryl.

pete376403
27th April 2004, 13:51
I was thinking the same thing, having got the Welkom GP as a .WMV.
Try putting "convert .wmv to .mpeg" into yahoo and take your pick of the 190,000 odd hits you get. I'm having a go with sdvdc.exe from www.avi-vcd-converter.com

SpankMe
27th April 2004, 14:42
Only limited space on the server, so no videos.

pete376403
28th April 2004, 10:37
on the subject of videos do any of you tech guys know how to convert wmv video to mp3 video? If so is it reasonably easy to do?
-cheers, daryl.
This is how I did it: Downloaded Brothersoft_fxvc31.exe from www.brothersoft.com. Updated windows media player to version 9 (download MPsetup.exe from microsoft), I also got WMEncoder.exe from Microsoft, not sure if I needed that or not).
Install everything, then run FXVideconverter . To encode the Welkom GP took about 2 hours on a P4 1.6, and the 208 meg original expanded to 850 meg. I haven't put it on a CD yet to try in the DVD player, some trimming may be required to get it down to one disk (ie editing the original before encoding)

I encoded this as VCD, but it has the options for mpeg and others

dss3
28th April 2004, 13:01
yeah i have done a similar thing, just tried lots of different conversion sorftware from downloads.com untill i found one that worked. Im yet to put in on cd and try it in the dvd player though. ( dvd player plays mp3 so im hoping it will play the video as an mpeg)
-daryl

Hoon
28th April 2004, 13:28
I just FTPed it over to my XBox and played it from there!!! Yay for chipped Xboxes!!!

Im yet to put in on cd and try it in the dvd player though. ( dvd player plays mp3 so im hoping it will play the video as an mpeg)
-daryl

You should first confirm that your DVD player can play VCDs. If so you'll be sweet and can convert it with any VCD making app.

White trash
28th April 2004, 15:58
I just FTPed it over to my XBox and played it from there!!! Yay for chipped Xboxes!!!

You should first confirm that your DVD player can play VCDs. If so you'll be sweet and can convert it with any VCD making app.

You whated the police over to your X-Box :lol:

wkid_one
28th April 2004, 18:11
Just get a $200 odd dvd burner and then go to www.magicalsoftware.net and download DVDXcopy Platinum 4.3.8 from the DVD Warz forum...you will then be able to 'backup' all manner of DVD's that will play nicely in your dvd player. Why feck around with poor quality VCD's and the like - when you can do the DVD easily.