PDA

View Full Version : New Tyre Time??? advice

sAsLEX
8th April 2006, 17:50
well this is what you hate to find on a saturday afternoon fixing sesion

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/gallery/albums/userpics/10623/tyre_1.jpg
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/gallery/albums/userpics/10623/tyre_2.jpg

Was thinking it would def be a replacement tyre, what do you guys reckon? Tyre would of lasted till next WOF at least so kinda annoying to have to buy another now.

Oh and KK if your listening managed to fix the brake micro, was full of sand and gunk

sAsLEX
8th April 2006, 17:59
was riding back from soccer this afternoon and felt the bike behaving badly and put it down to cold tyres, lucky I was cleaning the chain and noticed it before splitting to uni on it on Monday aye Gareth!?

erik
8th April 2006, 20:34
What is it? It looks like a macintosh lolly to me.

paturoa
8th April 2006, 20:48
Might be a lolly, you can see where he's been licking the tyre around it.

sAsLEX
9th April 2006, 11:01
that lolly has a 1/4 inch stainless spike out the unlicked side that is sticking it to the tire not just saliva! pulled it out to see if it was just something sticky but there is a hole the whole way through the tire and it started deflating rather quickly

paturoa
9th April 2006, 12:53
Lollies with 1/4 inch stainless steel spike!! You should sue the manfacturer or at least complain to the health department.

I spose if it is stainless you wont get that terrible taste like you do from ali foil wrappers on your fillings.

Sniper
9th April 2006, 14:34
Bloody hell, looks like a holey mess (haha, excuse the lame joke)

Def new tyre time and I would be looking at Pilot Powers

sAsLEX
9th April 2006, 14:49
Bloody hell, looks like a holey mess (haha, excuse the lame joke)

Def new tyre time and I would be looking at Pilot Powers

dunno if they come in 18inchs but prob get the same again as I have to commute a fair bit

mini_me
9th April 2006, 15:08
get a patch on it
i think Mt Eden m/cycles will put one in for about 20 - 30 bucks
and it is a like a mushroom thing that they put in from the inside and poke through the hole and then glue inplace

i've had 2 put in one in the frotn and one in the back and i never had any trouble from the tires after that.
m/m

sAsLEX
9th April 2006, 15:14
get a patch on it
i think Mt Eden m/cycles will put one in for about 20 - 30 bucks
and it is a like a mushroom thing that they put in from the inside and poke through the hole and then glue inplace

i've had 2 put in one in the frotn and one in the back and i never had any trouble from the tires after that.
m/m

yeah was wondering how safe they are though, will go ask at Cycletreads they always tend to give me an alright deal so see what they say

sAsLEX
10th April 2006, 11:52
Ended up getting a new tire as the old one was pretty shagged anyways with not much tread in the center so got a new tire for a decent price, Cycletreads for all your tire needs.....

Two Smoker
10th April 2006, 12:01
Ended up getting a new tire as the old one was pretty shagged anyways with not much tread in the center so got a new tire for a decent price, Cycletreads for all your tire needs.....

When are you finally going to buy a 17 inch rim??? Then you can get cheapies off me :niceone:

sAsLEX
10th April 2006, 14:29
When are you finally going to buy a 17 inch rim??? Then you can get cheapies off me :niceone:

When KK lets one past his sight without snapping it up!

Apparently they handle better with the 18 but keeping an eye out for a 17

oh ad when one is cheap as well