PDA

View Full Version : ANOTHER newbie:-)

Her_C4
25th April 2004, 21:23
:scooter:

Hey peeps!!

Another newbie here .... been cruising the boards for a day or two to see what is happening.. 'tis all good ;)

The more astute amongst you will recognise from my profile name, that I am a subbie lass at heart and working on extending my reportoire of 'toys'... :Punk:

A late developer, I cut my teeth on Honda 50's, Stinger 125, Honda 5/4 and a Suzuki 185 trial bike (all belonging to my father and brothers:-)) many many (did I say many?) years ago when Macleans Island (ChCh) was full of trees, shingles pits, water holes and not much else ....

Been riding pillion for a few years with different riders but couldn't figure what was missing.......:doh:

Until now.......

As I mentioned on another post - I had a GN250 for a while, but it spent more time off the road than on and I couldn't really relate to it at all so have been out and about looking for 'it' until I get my full licence..... and lo and behold there she was:-)

Been looking around for about a year now, when last week I took out a CBR250RR for a test drive :gob:. Nice :) I don't believe that a day has gone by when I haven't been out for a ride since.......

If this is (as has been suggested) a mid life crisis - then I say BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!! ;)

k14
25th April 2004, 21:33
Yeah i saw the pic of your bike in the other thread. Exactly the same as mine except its has the later paint job. What year is it 93/94 or so?

Her_C4
25th April 2004, 21:57
:scooter:

What year???

Tis but a '92:-)

claire
26th April 2004, 19:18
sounds like you chose a good bike there. Much nicer than the GN!

Claire

dangerous
26th April 2004, 19:28
Welcome aboard her-b4..... what is it with Wellington? half of the users there are x ChCh :bleh: what area/school were you from?

Her_C4
26th April 2004, 20:31
sounds like you chose a good bike there. Much nicer than the GN!

Claire
I guess we all have very different lists of what we are looking for when we choose our bikes - and to be honest a Honda was not on my list of possibles to start with (due to some well meaning but totally erroneous advice!).

As soon as I hopped on it and I briefly registered that BOTH my feet touched the ground ... at the SAME TIME ;) and then all coherent thought left me and I took off with a VERY big smile on my face!!! I don't believe that the smile has dimmed yet ... AWESOME

Welcome aboard her-b4..... what is it with Wellington? half of the users there are x ChCh :bleh: what area/school were you from?

Hiya,

and thanks for the welcome:-)

I have been here in Wellington a couple of years now (came up here for work) and found that you are right!!! There are a LOT of luxury imports into Wellington from the mainland :2thumbsup ;-)

I originate from the Cobham Int/Burnside High school areas.....

Zed
26th April 2004, 20:48
Welcome to KB L-plate rider!! :msn-wink:

Sounds like you've got the bike bug...looking forward to hearing more of your input on the site.

Zed

dangerous
26th April 2004, 20:57
I originate from the Cobham Int/Burnside High school areas.....

Me too..... Burnside 82-84 I think, south division

Her_C4
26th April 2004, 21:12
Me too..... Burnside 81-83 I think, south division :niceone:

Hmmm sweet - I got (quite) a few years on yer then :argh: :-) :-) North division for the 5th form (that was the year the school first got divided up) :sweatdrop

:laugh: :laugh:

dangerous
26th April 2004, 21:18
:niceone:

Hmmm sweet - I got (quite) a few years on yer then :argh: :-) :-) North division for the 5th form (that was the year the school first got divided up) :sweatdrop

:laugh: :laugh:

Yehhhh cant say that I remember that cool I'm a youngins..... for now :)

magnum
27th April 2004, 10:48
hello and welcome

Hitcher
27th April 2004, 11:04
Welcome Her B4. You are boosting our "minorities" very well -- we need more women and South Island riders!

Hooks
27th April 2004, 22:29
Hey there you......I took your advice and I'm in here .....cool site !!!
I have chickened out on selling the old girl ...unless someone makes a silly offer that is

Her_C4
27th April 2004, 22:38
Hey!!!

Welcome aboard mate - glad you decided to keep 'her' .... else you would silly in your helmet running alongside my bike when I get up there to join you for a ride.... ha ha ha :whistle: