PDA

View Full Version : All was not lost.

Bonez
9th April 2006, 15:09
went for a ride anyway. Got up this morning looked over to Hawkes Bay way and
and under the dark, damp, gloomy clouds the sun was beckening me to go that way for a scoot. Like a good lad I waited at Gull for a while, then decided fuckit I'm off!

Popped in to see cowboyz, got to see hit new toy. He was off to bash his lil balls so I left him to it.

Through the gorge to Danniville hung a right. Headed for the coast. Hung a left at
Wimbleton at off to Porahgahau. Though Poravagas towards the beach but didn't turn off to the beach, just kept going straight ahead. The rd loops around to he Poravages-Waipuk rd. Right towards Waipuk then 7kms out hang a left and go towards Takapua. Through Takapau on to Ormondville back rd to the main drag about half a mile from the old Burger Bill's place.

On through Danners , Woodyvilla back home. For all but around 45ks, just after Dannivike heading back home I managed to miss a few storm clouds. Dry as.

Got home drenged :cool:

Loved every mile. No other bikes and stuff all traffic in general on the back routes. A nice gent stopped an asked if I was having a problem while taking pics. Turns out he and some other bloke where constructing an airfeild for topdresser a/c.

Roads had a few bits where it was obviously slipping. Dips of around 150mms plus on places. Moss, pine needles, piles of decomposing leaves, live stock, hawks and kamakazi focks of sparrows were other hazards to keep an eye out for. It Seems Dutchy is still running the Wimbleton Pub, as his name was still above the door. Not open Sundays but from noon Saturdays.

The GB was an ideal bike to take on such a ride. Light with enough get up and go to have some fun in the tight stuff without getting overwelmed. There's some really narrow tight 270 degree bends on the route. The scenery was great. It handled the high wind gusts quite well too I might add.

Quick question for the locals-Where does Ugly Hill Rd end up?

Bonez
9th April 2006, 15:16
Some more pics

yungatart
9th April 2006, 15:26
Are you sure you know your left from your right? If you turn left at Dannevirke you are surely heading for the hills - not the sea. Good piccies tho and hope you enjoyed the blat
Cheers

Bonez
9th April 2006, 16:33
Are you sure you know your left from your right? If you turn left at Dannevirke you are surely heading for the hills - not the sea. Good piccies tho and hope you enjoyed the blat
CheersYou are right, it was the other left, post edited :rolleyes: Well picked up. Fantabulous run it was, 272kms all up so still enough juice in the old gal to get me to work for the week ;)

yungatart
9th April 2006, 17:17
Remind me to never ask you for directions......
BTW Did you know that two lefts don't make a right.....

But three do!

Ixion
9th April 2006, 17:22
Left , right, right, left - pffft.

It's up, down I have to worry about.

yungatart
9th April 2006, 17:29

It's up, down I have to worry about.
Umm, try this number- 0800 842 472

Bonez
9th April 2006, 17:41

It's up, down I have to worry about.If ya like roller coasters that route, root-how did that get there oops! ,road, path, track is very similar ;) And not a gravel stretch, well there are a few off it which I am going to reccy out at some stage ;)

Still would like to know were Ugly Hill Rd toodles off to. I mean it must go up the ugly hill to somewhere, mustn't it? :blink:

Had to edit the first post a godzillion times to get it reasonably right, combination of dyslexia and alsymers ya know, after looking at a map to sort out where I actually went. Foward planning blah! Point the bike in a direction and see where you end up tis me.