PDA

View Full Version : Moto-Dynamix racing report

Shaun
10th April 2006, 05:41
Hi team, I have been working with Andrew Stroud in Australia @ Eastern creek for the first round of the Aussie superbikes, it was a bit of a last minute deal, and we went along with no expectations.

We arrived in Sydney on Tuesday morning and went about collecting a loaner vehicle, going to customs to collect a pallet of parts that had been air frieghted in advanve, and then to Action Suzuki in Parramata to collect a brand new in a crate GSXR1000 K6 Suzuki, and then heading off to a friends house,by time all this was completed it was 7pm Tuesday night, after the formalities of GIDDAY mate, we had a beer, (as you do) and then I completely pulled the new machine apart ( woops I forgot, we run it in as well 23 km's only) had a piece of toast and a can of bake beans and went to sleep.:buggerd:

5-30 am Wedensday morning the motor building work began, by time the head work was done, cams fitted and dialed in it was about 1-30 am Thursday morning, bugger, forgot to eat today and had another can of beans ( lucky my wife was not in bed with me over these few days) and went to bed to collapse.

Thursday morning 6am all is well:banana: Got started on fitting out the chassis, regreasing stearing head bearings and tensioning, regreasing all linkage joints, drilling and lock wiring all bolts for the chassis, fitting up his race shock and forks and stearing dampner, braiden lines and brake fluid flush, and then fitting the engine back in, replacing standard wiring loom for a race item and a Yoshimura eprom ignition box ( ECU), Yoshi TIE pipe, doing the plumming work, adding some fluids and firing it up at approx 9-30 pm Thursday night, then loading up the van with bike, tools ( Which I brought over in a brief case the sice 600x300x100 ( Who needs a $5000 snap on box)

Friday morning up again at 6-30 to get to the track in time for Andrew to make it to riders briefing ( ON TIME ha ha) unload the van into our pit garage, put tyre warmers on and weight for kick off to begin.

That's enough for now, just realsied that I am very tired and should go to sleep, O the result, the Aussies know a KIWI is coming! 9th and 7th place puts Andrew Stroud ( SUPERBIKE NEW ZEALAND) in 6th place over all in the points.

Trust me when I say, we went to a gun fight with a pop gun, we checked them out, we know what we must do from now on, and we will be doing it, Andrew did us proud.

See you all in the soup, or Taupo.:2thumbsup

Dafe
10th April 2006, 05:55
Awesome stuff Shaun!

Sounds like alot of work, but hey........ At least you get to rip apart a brand new bike. I'm so jealous! Let me know if you're swinging off fairing spares.
Goodluck to you and Andrew, hope all goes well. Keep us posted.

Two Smoker
10th April 2006, 07:55
Wicked to hear Shaun, and well done Andrew!!! Top effort compared to those Aussie guys with factory backing!!! All the best for the rest of the season!!!

SPman
10th April 2006, 08:05
Jeez - after putting in those hours, good thing you weren't riding.........
Good stuff.

dss3
10th April 2006, 08:43
Congratulations guys,... go the Kiwi's!

Matt Bleck
10th April 2006, 09:33
Thanks for the write up shawn, go kiwi!!!

DemonWolf
10th April 2006, 10:05
Cheers for the race report Shaun, great stuff. Any pic's of the bike in its various stages of being race rebuilt?

Great stuff from Andrew Stroud and Moto-Dynamix!

montsta56
10th April 2006, 10:44
Well done boy's
Keep up the good work..... REPRESENT!!!!!

cowpoos
10th April 2006, 11:02
good shit guys...full report to follow I trust...

bugjuice
10th April 2006, 11:08
all cool stuff! :eek:

sAsLEX
10th April 2006, 11:40
first of a few rounds?

Good shit

oh and love the tshirt thats up on ebay bout ya

bugjuice
10th April 2006, 11:42
explain..??

sAsLEX
10th April 2006, 11:47
explain..??

pffft you should have seen the thread this morning ya forum whore but I will find it for you ....

.....here you go

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=27605

bugjuice
10th April 2006, 12:10
ta.
lamo.
brillant.

Shaun
10th April 2006, 13:25
Wicked to hear Shaun, and well done Andrew!!! Top effort compared to those Aussie guys with factory backing!!! All the best for the rest of the season!!!

How you healing up dude? And I am to lasy to write any more on what went down, so just make it up yourselves ha ha ha:rofl:

Two Smoker
10th April 2006, 13:36
How you healing up dude? And I am to lasy to write any more on what went down, so just make it up yourselves ha ha ha:rofl:

Not to bad, ribs are good and my foot is good... Off to see the surgeon about my shoulder this afternoon... Might have surgery later this week...

Shaun
10th April 2006, 13:50
Not to bad, ribs are good and my foot is good... Off to see the surgeon about my shoulder this afternoon... Might have surgery later this week...

Just a quick little Cut and Tuck is it, look out mate, Mr Poos will want to be your friend:ar15:

Two Smoker
10th April 2006, 13:57
Just a quick little Cut and Tuck is it, look out mate, Mr Poos will want to be your friend:ar15:

Aslong as i dont come out looking like a bovine i should be sweet...hehehe

dss3
10th April 2006, 14:45
Aslong as i dont come out looking like a bovine i should be sweet...hehehe

That's a pretty big ask considering what you look like now before you went in! Maybe get a bit of "Hollywood Extreme Makeover" surgery while your in there eh!
At least sort that deformed nose of yours out! :nya: :nya: :nya:

Two Smoker
10th April 2006, 14:51
That's a pretty big ask considering what you look like now before you went in! Maybe get a bit of "Hollywood Extreme Makeover" surgery while your in there eh!
At least sort that deformed nose of yours out! :nya: :nya: :nya:

You will have a deformed nose soon.... to add to your deformed face.... hehehehe

How about i destroy your pride and beat you around the track on a 600??? :nya: :nya: :nya:

Nah im ugly enough... dont want to end up a plastic horror aswell...

dss3
10th April 2006, 14:54
You will have a deformed nose soon.... to add to your deformed face.... hehehehe

How about i destroy your pride and beat you around the track on a 600??? :nya: :nya: :nya:

Nah im ugly enough... dont want to end up a plastic horror aswell...

Geeze mate, thats a fast reply, you really don't have much to do these days huh!

Yep your on,... race ya tomorrow!... what? ... you got a sore arm... aaaaw... poor little thing! Could be a good thing, would be even worse to loose to you in your current state!

Now go do some healing mate...

Kickaha
10th April 2006, 18:10
Friday morning up again at 6-30 to get to the track in time for Andrew to make it to riders briefing ( ON TIME ha ha)

He got to riders briefing on time? can you supply video evidence to support that claim :lol:

GSVR
10th April 2006, 18:54
Can't wait for the second part of this report. 23ks is not enough running in time is it? Did you end up sticking in an older motor to go faster?

Thats an awesome result against some very good competition.

cowpoos
10th April 2006, 19:52
Can't wait for the second part of this report. 23ks is not enough running in time is it? Did you end up sticking in an older motor to go faster?

Thats an awesome result against some very good competition.

23kms is plenty to run in a brand new engine...

Kwaka-Kid
10th April 2006, 21:26
Good to read thanks Shaun! all the best to the rest of the season, Go the Kiwis! We can so do it...

onearmedbandit
11th April 2006, 00:09
Thanks for the report Shaun, good reading. Time for you to reverse the tables on the Aussies!

sAsLEX
11th April 2006, 20:40
http://www.mcnews.com.au/motorcycleracing2006/australian/superbike/rnd1_creek/report_stroud.htm

for a bit more on how well he did!

slowpoke
13th April 2006, 03:43
http://www.mcnews.com.au/motorcycleracing2006/australian/superbike/rnd1_creek/report_stroud.htm

for a bit more on how well he did!
Yep, the www.mcnews.com.au website is great, with LIVE transcrpts as the races unfold. Having been in Oz for a few years it's been an excellent way to keep in touch with what's happening with bikes in general as well as the racing scene. It's also an interesting comparison to what's happening or, more to the point, what ISN'T happening in NZ.