PDA

View Full Version : Hell froze over on the weekend.

James Deuce
26th April 2004, 08:36
First a Harley rider waved back on Saturday, then on the way home on a Sunday a Triumph riding open face helmet, black scarf covering the face chappy returned my nod. :gob:

KATWYN
26th April 2004, 08:43
:cold: did too!!

Hitcher
26th April 2004, 10:09
*Sharp intake of breath, shocked surprise!*

What?
26th April 2004, 12:50
It does happen. Probably a real biker, though, not some accountant who's bought a Hogley with his divorce settlement and found an attitude in a back-issue of Easyriders magazine...

aff-man
26th April 2004, 13:06
I must have been a weekend of hell freezing over. Coming home on saturday pulled up next to a hd on the way home and he even gave me the "howdy" nod we then went through a couple of s bends and got to the next set of lights. Si i'm a thinking hell i'll give it a go (80km zone btw) and to my surprise i managed to beat him up until about 65km/h then he cam roaring passed. We had a bit of fun in the traffic for the next 5 or so km and then when my turn off came i almost fell off when he gave a friendly toot goodbye. My whole perception of the hd world was shattered and i started questioning whether it really happened

FzerozeroT
26th April 2004, 15:18
Maybe they are reading KiwiBiker? I was watching a harley on a dyno the other day.
One guy said to his mate with the harley "I wouldn't mind a printout of that."
The harley guy says "I'll scan it when I get home and e-mail it to you."

I just about fell over. Knocked my stereotyping for 6 :D

celticyankee
26th April 2004, 15:21
I wave to everyone....perhaps when y'all STOP juding people by what they ride you may realize that not everyone who rides an HD is a whanker......it's just like life, there's a few eejits who give all a bad name........

I've never had to defend my ride as I have since landing in this country.....I just don't get it and NO, I'm not a fat chick either!

Cheers
a PROUD HD & Triumph owner/rider/builder

James Deuce
26th April 2004, 15:48
I wave to everyone....perhaps when y'all STOP juding people by what they ride you may realize that not everyone who rides an HD is a whanker......it's just like life, there's a few eejits who give all a bad name........

I've never had to defend my ride as I have since landing in this country.....I just don't get it and NO, I'm not a fat chick either!

Cheers

Ummm - you'll note that I said waved back.

I don't give a crap who I wave to when I'm on the bike, because I'm having such a good time I want to share! I don't (despite appearances) care if they wave back.

It literally is the first time a Harley rider has waved back. I've had other brand cruiser riders wave back, most sportbike and learners wave back, and sometimes British classic bike riders wave. Tourers always wave.

I'm not the first person to note this phenomenon either. I'm sure I won't be the last. The post wasn't designed to offend anyone, just express my surprise at two such unlikely events happening on the same day.

ching_ching
27th April 2004, 09:32
First a Harley rider waved back on Saturday, then on the way home on a Sunday a Triumph riding open face helmet, black scarf covering the face chappy returned my nod. :gob:

Jesus Christ!

(Sorry Zed) :innocent:

wari
27th April 2004, 09:48
... and NO, I'm not a fat chick either!

Cheers

I'll be the judge of that ... :killingme

I kill me ... :killingme

or maybe you will ... :eek5:

anyone wanna dance ? ... :spudguita :spudbooge
:spudwave:

Cajun
27th April 2004, 12:40
Well i wave out to anyone and everyone i see riding past on a bike, unless its rather hard to. 90% of the time i get a wave back, even with one of the local gangs(fithy few, they are on harleys/triumphs) i even road someone the way home with one last year, from the tauranga turn off, until bottom of kamais. okay we were pushing 180km/h most the way home, until i took off up the kamais.

But might just be me, i use to get waves out from sports bike when i use to ride the father in laws crusier (vn1500) get them now when i ride sister in laws vn1500 mean streak too

KATWYN
27th April 2004, 13:29
I like the little "down chin" nod riders do to other
riders....kinda like the old days where the gentleman
tips his hat "good day to you sir/maam"

Posh Tourer :P
27th April 2004, 14:09
I find the nod much easier... I like keeping two hands on the bars incase I need to change gear or something. People often look strangely at me though, and its not nearly so obvious as a big wave

Cajun
27th April 2004, 15:01
really depends its usual a wave cause i find people see that better, and not like ya doing 200km/h to need to worry about holding on with two hands.