PDA

View Full Version : simple green automotive cleaner/degreaser

vs04
10th April 2006, 17:13
Has anybody used this to clean their bike with,i,ve heard it,s suppose to be pretty good but so far have,nt found anybody thats actually used the stuff.Cheers.

Motu
10th April 2006, 17:25
Great stuff,I use it if I find it for sale - good for cleaning a dirt bike,gets the dirt off,cleans the plastic,and the spooge too.

selectedgrub
10th April 2006, 18:41
Just use the green diluted. You can also get a "Ready to use" mix yellow at the hardware. Good stuff.

PaddyFZ1
10th April 2006, 19:31
Great stuff, really good for getting off those blobs of tar.
Havent always been able to find it.

Troll
10th April 2006, 21:11
£$%%ing brilliant

great for chrome

spray it on and hose it off and bike sparkles

Madness
10th April 2006, 21:40
The agency has been through a few hands over the past couple of years. If you want to try it and are in Wanganui, give the guys at MacDonald Equipment a call, Heads Rd Wanganui. Most Tradezone Engineers Merchants should stock it.

vs04
11th April 2006, 17:03
Bought the ready to use from repco,$12.99 will see how it goes.Cheers.

kevie
13th April 2006, 11:46
sheesh havent used that stuff in ages but loved it ,... was sooooooo good to clean both car and bike with.

actually think theres a bit left in the shed >>>>>>>>>> wanders off to look

Marmoot
13th April 2006, 12:37
1. any adverse effect on chain lube and pivot points?
2. any longterm adverse effect on painted parts?

(sorry, I'm riding a plastic crotchrocket, hence number #2 question)

Pwalo
13th April 2006, 13:23
It's the best stuff that I've used for cleaning the bike. Don't know of any problems using it on plastic, etc, although I mainly use it for cleaning wheels, swingarm and engine.

The rest of the time I give the bike a quick daily wipe over with the pledge wipes from the supermarket and everything's sweet.

HenryDorsetCase
13th April 2006, 14:55
Im a fan of it. when I got the CB 4oo the guy before me had used some shit (it might have BEEN shit for all I know) as chainlube and the poor baby had half inch thick layer of crap all over the swingarm, inside th ecover, under the chainguard, everywhere. the simple green in the squirt bottle worked like a charm.

I think I got mine from "The Peoples Ballantynes" aka te Whare whare

Im another fan.

buellbabe
19th April 2006, 12:21
Got a mate who is a Bike Groomer... he swears by it (diluted tho) and he also reckons Diluted Handy Andy rocks, thats what I use and its fantastic. Spray it on then hose it off, buggerall elbow grease reqd.