PDA

View Full Version : pk135 Fabrizi.

texmo
10th April 2006, 17:43
10 months ago I decided to build a Fabrizi for scooter racing. I brought a pk50 that wasn't going and ordered a 135cc Fabrizi kit and chamber. Now 10months on its going mint. It does need a carb as I am borrowing one from scooter world and it also needs a dyno tune. I am booked in next week for the dyno and I am wanting around 16-18 HP at the rear wheel not bad for a little Vespa that had 1.9hp standard and a top speed of 45km/hr.
When I have some spare cash I also need to get a disc brake set up on it and some proper suspension.

Any scooter haters need not reply I already know you have a small penis.

(I am after a 28mm carb either a Mikuni or a Keihin Carb.)

Magua
10th April 2006, 17:47
Flash, quite an improvement on power. Gran trabajo!

Coyote
10th April 2006, 17:48
That's is awesome! When are you going to install some Nitrous?

Thought about a supercharger?

SixPackBack
10th April 2006, 17:53
Who designed and built the expansion chamber Texmo..prolly gave you a healthy increase in power !

texmo
10th April 2006, 18:02
That's is awesome! When are you going to install some Nitrous?

Thought about a supercharger?

Superchargers dont really work on two smokers bro and I have looked into NOS but I want the thing to last for more than 10meters...

Who designed and built the expansion chamber Texmo..prolly gave you a healthy increase in power !

Fabrizi man, huge power increase along with a nice power band that lifts the front wheel when you hit it in 1st and 2nd gear.

Coyote
10th April 2006, 18:35
Superchargers dont really work on two smokers bro and I have looked into NOS but I want the thing to last for more than 10meters...
Oh right. Thought it was a 4 stroke. Darn

texmo
10th April 2006, 18:47
Oh right. Thought it was a 4 stroke. Darn
Yer the 4 strokes work great with expanshion chambers aye?

R6_kid
10th April 2006, 18:48
seen it in the flesh. That thing sounds and goes like a rocket. Was thoroughly stunned when i saw it lifting the front wheel without him trying! :blink:

Coyote
10th April 2006, 18:56
Yer the 4 strokes work great with expanshion chambers aye?
I didn't notice it. When I read 135cc I thought 'mini chopper engine'

thehollowmen
10th April 2006, 19:47
Motocross bikes can be turbo'd can't they?
In the trials they still do bike tests to make sure they ain't turbo charged and all of them were two strokes... I'm sure you'd be able to source a lil itty bitty one

Merwood
10th April 2006, 19:49
tex, that is bloddy spiffing :rockon:, cant wait to see it up on one :blip:

thehollowmen
10th April 2006, 19:51
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2683135400295297703&q=turbo

that's 42 hp :-p

Advice : http://www.rapidbikes.com.au/dynotime.php

Coyote
10th April 2006, 20:22
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2683135400295297703&q=turbo

that's 42 hp :-p

Advice : http://www.rapidbikes.com.au/dynotime.php
You must Texmo, YOU MUST!

MisterD
11th April 2006, 07:20
Sh-weet Googie, that's going to be worrying a few of the Lammys that is...

texmo
11th April 2006, 14:26
I am hoping that I will get just shy of 19hp at the r/w but it weight 60kgs. And that is with out taking a grinder to it. The gearing is wicked for mt wellington but a little small for the longer tracks.
Ryans ss180 flys man I was next to him on the motorway and it showed the same sort of accelleration as steve ts1's lambretta.

As for the 42hp scooter I would be better off getting a rotax a reliable 38hp with a good tourqe curve, but I would have already done that if I had the cash... Or not I would have a lambretta crx250 (70hp scooter - 110 miles per hour)

texmo
19th April 2006, 22:33
Went to Lincoln today to get my bike tuned on the dyno for $100 set up fee and $70 per hour. After my carb fucked out and I cleaned it the bike was on the dyno and reading 16.5 horsepower at the rear wheel, not bad considering it still had to be tuned, all was looking good a nice torque curve a small dip in it, but hey that's why I have brought it here to get rid of that. All is going good then.... SEIZE, wicked. The bike nipped up and was leaking oil from the fly wheel. So I took it home and I pulled it apart and the rings weren't even stuffed (that was until I snapped one) its a very slight seize, It did it because the barrel was too tight so I am gonna clean it up with some wet and dry and hone it. And then take to the piston with a fine file (hopefully fast135 can do this since hes done it a few times before and i don't wanna fuck the piston).
So no biggie just hone, clean up and new rings. The carb settings are good he told me to change it by bringing the needle up a bit by dropping the cir-clip down a notch, and I have been told to change my spark plug from a b8hs to a b10hs.

All in all I am happy I know an rs125 puts out 46+ horsepower but this is a 1960s air cooled cast iron scooter... wait an rs125 motor is about as big as mine and has three times the horsepower hmmmm....

Any who there is a little video (512kb) of me seizing and a picture of the bike on the dyno.

WINJA
19th April 2006, 22:53
ONLY FAGS FUCK AROUND WITH SCOOTERS , WOULDNT CATCH ME ON ANYTHING WITH LESS THAN A 1000CC WITH THE EXCEPTION OF YOUR MOTHER:scooter:

SixPackBack
20th April 2006, 07:03
[quote=texmo] It did it because the barrel was too tight so I am gonna clean it up with some wet and dry and hone it. And then take to the piston with a fine file (hopefully fast135 can do this since hes done it a few times before and i don't wanna fuck the piston).
quote]

Take it to an engine re conditioner and get it accurately sized and re machined/honed.
Yes filing may have worked in the past, but fuck that's rough engineering

fast135
20th April 2006, 08:54
Take it to an engine re conditioner and get it accurately sized and re machined/honed.[/FONT]
Yes filing may have worked in the past, but fuck that's rough engineering

yeah, its going to an engineer to get honed. the piston has a slight smear of cast iron on the exhaust side of the skirt. Its real easy to clean it off with a fine file. there is no need to buy a new piston. Yes filing has worked in the past and STILL works.

Ixion
20th April 2006, 09:21
I've cleaned up many a two smoker piston with a file. Judiciously. I don't think there is a better way.Properly done the result is as good as you'd get with a toolroom lathe, with the advantage that you don't risk meddling with the other side of the piston as you would spinning it in a lathe.

SixPackBack
20th April 2006, 12:10
A toolmaker would weep:gob:

texmo
20th April 2006, 16:11
I am gonna get an engine reconditioner to hone the barrel but I need to clean it up first other wise the hone just skips over the alloy. I have taken my barrel to a dude who is gonna polish the ports or some shit make it flow better then hone it and throw some new rings on it, do a few more kms then back to the dyno and give all you bikers the learn....

WINJA you havent meet my mother have you she would give a thou the learn.

WINJA
20th April 2006, 17:08
i honed the magic barrels with a $10 brake hone from repco

texmo
20th April 2006, 17:29
Fuck thats awesome and you can still do rolling burn outs on it and wheelies. I am yet to see you get your knee down but the pegs were fucked.