PDA

View Full Version : Anyone wrecking a cbr?

Nolan
10th April 2006, 18:11
Ok... i just low sided when i pulled out of my road:slap: :slap: :slap:
Really stupid (but reasonably low speed) mistake of taking the corner like it was dry.
I gave it too much throttle and the rear just spun as i was leaned over:crybaby:
As it tucked under i pulled my right leg up very quick and proceded to slide down the road on my ass. The only damage to my gear is the draggin jeans back pocket is half off :D otherwise their still perfect.
I also stood up whilst i was still moving heheh it was actually sort of fun trying to balance

Im not to pissed off at the damage just apears to be scrached muffler, throttle slide broken(just bought a new one a few weeks ago), bent throttle bar, broken fronk brake lever, major scratching on the engine cover bit that shows through the fairing, very minor scratching below the engine cover hole on the fairing and its only running on 3 cyclinders(oh wait it was already like that:blink:)

So really it could of been worse, I didnt feel anything apart from the extreme pain of watching your bike sliding on the ground behind you:mad:

So the point of the thread is that i need the throttle bar of a MC22, i remember someone said they had 1 for parts.

Coyote
10th April 2006, 18:24
Sorry but I don't have a CBR to wreck

But I did wreck my old CBR and know how much some of the parts and repairs were. I replacement right hand crankcase cover was $125AUD, front fairing cost $160 to be plastic welded and repainted, brake lever would be about 30 bucks, and getting the muffler re-sleaved (just a bit of sheet metal wrapped around it) cost $100 from cycleworks

crashe
10th April 2006, 18:35
PM Cibbychick.... she may have brought back her last one that she wrote off and so parts will be available...

or go to this link on bike wreckers..
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=13359

Nolan
10th April 2006, 18:49
Well i also have a broken front hugger:(
As you can see its not that bad, pics attached

Ill take off each side case, sand it back, put some sort of protector or clear coat. Do you think it would look good silver? I know i need new gaskets for the covers when i take them off, anything that will fall out, spring out etc?
I honestly just bought some steel polish and polished my muffler.... :(

Nolan
10th April 2006, 21:01
AND to top it off i just got a speeding ticket coming home with pizza's. On lincon Rd 70K $120 >_<.
What a great day :ar15: :D:D:D

crashe
10th April 2006, 21:05
Nolan - You really are not having a great day are you....?
:shutup: :mellow: :shit:

Nolan
10th April 2006, 21:20
Yea i know its been a great day. Caught the train start my first day at an IT Course an i got soaking wet getting to the train... Worse still is the picture in my mind of the bike following me on the ground :no:

N4CR
10th April 2006, 21:34
Yeah, seeing ya pride and joy go gracefully faceplanting down the road is pretty shit eh... Happened once, second time I didn't care.. SAME SIDE lol.

PM HDT boy, just search hdt cant remember what his actual name is formatted like. Cibby chick... who else. Texmo don't have his anymore ummm.. yeah can't think of anyone else. Try www.corsa.co.nz give him a ring.

Hard luck dude, hope it gets better soon!

Nolan
10th April 2006, 21:38
Thanks mate, ive already pm'd cibby and her insurance kept it :(. Ill give HDT Boy a pm and see

crashe
10th April 2006, 21:45
HDTboy is his nickname on here.

Sniper
11th April 2006, 09:01
Also PM Flying_Dutchman, he has parts for a CBR

XTC
11th April 2006, 12:32
I can see where you shit your pants in that first pic....

HDTboy
11th April 2006, 12:37
vtec has mine now TriStank

N4CR
11th April 2006, 12:46
vtec has mine now TriStank

SO THATS WHY IT'S SO SLOW :lol:

What was that quote you were going to let me use from MR's little do.... pm me! something about jsg

Nolan
11th April 2006, 13:00
thanks HDTBoy & Sniper
I just PM'd them :)

Nolan
11th April 2006, 22:59
Hey is $40 to much for just a brake level from a wreckers, It looked in mint condition but 40? How much would a brand spanker cost me?

qldzxr250a
12th April 2006, 06:16
yes too much...

new i paid 28 4 mates cbr

HDTboy
12th April 2006, 15:29
Brand new from Atomic (or action) they are $40, just pay the man

Coyote
12th April 2006, 15:33
Hey is $40 to much for just a brake level from a wreckers, It looked in mint condition but 40? How much would a brand spanker cost me?
Welcome to he wonderful, expensive world of motorcycling

Qkkid
12th April 2006, 15:33
ask cibbychick she has lotsa honda parts :killingme :no:

Nolan
12th April 2006, 23:18
Ok ill just ring holeshot and ask them how much, then based on that price ill either go to holeshot or atomic wreckers.
I need to get it sorted back to normal for that 250 ride on sunday:ride:

Velox
12th April 2006, 23:43
Hey if you come across a front disc for a cbr I'd be keen to check it out (online) cause it might fit the Jade. I need a new one cause mine's bent from being taken out by cows and it's pretty useless and grabs which is real embarassing when you're just going slow.

Jonty
13th April 2006, 09:32
Hey if you come across a front disc for a cbr I'd be keen to check it out (online) cause it might fit the Jade. I need a new one cause mine's bent from being taken out by cows and it's pretty useless and grabs which is real embarassing when you're just going slow.

Is the jade still part of your arsenal V?

Velox
13th April 2006, 13:23
Is the jade still part of your arsenal V?
Of course! I'll never get rid of it. It needs a new clutch cable, instrument panel, tyres, front disc and left footpeg but other than that it's :2thumbsup

Jonty
13th April 2006, 13:43
Of course! I'll never get rid of it. It needs a new clutch cable, instrument panel, tyres, front disc and left footpeg but other than that it's :2thumbsup

What don't you ask if anyone has a complete jade that your "parts" can fit on :whistle:

Nolan
13th April 2006, 14:11
Velox, i know a guy on trademe who was selling a CBR front disk(s), He was a good guy to deal with for other stuff. I think search for MC22 rather than cbr and it should come up (havent checked trademe for ages)

Sniper
13th April 2006, 16:00
The guy is also selling a rear brake disk, ask a question and he can tell you if he still has the front ones

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Parts-accessories/Wheels-tyres-brakes/auction-53545639.htm