PDA

View Full Version : Temp fixture of L plate

Wasp
11th April 2006, 08:35
Ok so my restricted license is booked for 4pm on thursday the 20th.

Basically what i understand is they give you a cb radio and follow you around in a car while assessing how you ride. is this right? part wrong?

Also i need a way to attach the L plate to the new bike as it doesnt have a hole in the number plate and i dont want to put one in it. ideas please?

And the clip that the spring for the rear brake pedal sensor has also snapped, do i need to fix this before i do the test? do they just look for a wof/rego? or check the bike over?

cheers, wasp

Rosie
11th April 2006, 09:09
My L plate is attached with adhesive velcro. If you buy the L plate from the Warehouse, it comes with the velcro. I attached the velcro to the mudguard under the licence plate and stuck the plate on. It eclipses the entire rear mudguard, but has stayed on really well, even with fairly small bits of velcro. I haven't tried removing the velcro from the mudguard yet, but I can't see it doing any damage.
If you attach the 'hook' side of the velcro to the L plate, you might be able to attach it to unsuspecting people's clothing at a later date. You have to be able to extract some amusement out of the L plate don't you?
Or, if your bike has the little red reflector out of the way of the number plate, you can stick a hole in your L plate and attach it under the reflector.
Or you can use vast amounts of clear packaging tape.

Can't help you with info on the restricted test though, I'm only an expert at L plates.

Str8 Jacket
11th April 2006, 09:10
Duct tape is your friend...

As for the brakes, I wouldn't have a clue, but I would have thought that as long as your brake light comes on and that your brake actually works you should be ok?...

Patrick
11th April 2006, 09:32
They check the wof and reg, and all lights. All we did was ride a certain course, followed by them in a car. Told us to pull up here, do this. Told go there, do that. Followed the whole way by them in the car, no radio, just verbal instruction. Piece of cake. Attach plate through the reg plate bolt and have it showing to one side/upside down, whatever as long as "most" of it is visible. You only need it for the half hour test and then its goodbye L plate for good...