PDA

View Full Version : Changing fork seals in Welly

poorbastard
11th April 2006, 17:17
Anyone know how to change upside down fork forkseals. The ZXR forks are leaking and the bikes already in bits but nowhere can fix them before the long weekend. Anyone know how to change them and want a free bottle of spirits or two. I have oil and fork seals.

Cheers PB

sefer
11th April 2006, 17:39
Download yourself the manual (check out the sticky in this thread, it's there somewhere) and check it out.

It's actually pretty easy to do, the only hard bit is getting the new seal to seat properly (and that's not that hard either :) ). One point to note to make the job a little easier is that you can get away without taking the inner cylinder out (needs a 'special' tool, but apply a bit of logic and you don't really need it), but if you do so you won't get 100% of the old oil out (leave the fork upside down over night and you'll get prob 98% thou), so therefore measuring the amount of oil carefully is needed.

Wasp
11th April 2006, 18:37
nope but i'd be keen to learn, the shop just did mine under warrenty....

also, do you happen to have a manual for your bandit 250? is it a gsf?

poorbastard
11th April 2006, 19:16
nope but i'd be keen to learn, the shop just did mine under warrenty....

also, do you happen to have a manual for your bandit 250? is it a gsf?

Na cant find a manual for one anywhere. I got one for the ZXR and GSXR from the manual thread but as far as one for the bandit no luck. Yea I thought all bandits were GSF

Colapop
11th April 2006, 19:29
I did my old Savage ones but they were right side up. I followed the book - it worked - go figure, usually I get halfway through a job f*ck something up and take it to the shop in bits!

poorbastard
11th April 2006, 19:37
Yea I can do standard forks. Ther not that hard just hjave never done upside downs before. Well guess Ill have to have a go myself or just pass on the trip to hams this weekend.

jazbug5
11th April 2006, 20:17
Might be worth signing on here (www.banditalley.com) and searching for the 250 manual? I know they have them for the 400s etc, so definately worth a look!

Wasp
11th April 2006, 20:55
nope, looked there already.... :( good info about modding it though and fixing the cdi

qldzxr250a
11th April 2006, 21:36
heres the manual http://hosted.filefront.com/qldzxr250a/1471835 ZXR that is

poorbastard
11th April 2006, 21:55
heres the manual http://hosted.filefront.com/qldzxr250a/1471835 ZXR that is

Already got the manual from there cheers.

Have had a look through it but cant figure it out by that without pulling the forks to complete bits or it could just be me:slap:

qldzxr250a
12th April 2006, 06:20
heres a good site for u....

http://www.dansmc.com/MC_repaircourse.htm

its an online step by step motorcycle course... very handy reference indeed :mobile:

nudemetalz
12th April 2006, 06:56
I've down RWU forks heaps of times, but never done an USD. From what I believe, they're not too dissimilar.