PDA

View Full Version : female gear needed

Shazuki
26th April 2004, 21:25
Just got my first bike :ride:
Looking for most of the gear as I can afford over the next few months, anything out there that may suit would be great. :hug:
Jacket and pants: body armour a must being a beginner I think, size small (womans size 10)
Helmet: size small, I think 52-54 cm
gloves: small
Cheers

Two Smoker
26th April 2004, 21:28
Hey Shazuki :niceone:

I think it would be good to buy the Helmet and glovesnew :niceone: you can get some nice gloves for about $40 and a good helmet for $200-$400

But for the jacket, no harm in going second hand :niceone:

Shazuki
26th April 2004, 21:33
Thanks Two Smoker, point taken about the new helmet........was just thinking someone might have been a pillion with a mint hlemet going spare.....

FROSTY
26th April 2004, 21:49
Ive got an almost new jacket here. Its a spidi pro circuit in size small
padded and armoured if its any use to you.

Shazuki
27th April 2004, 07:51
Ive got an almost new jacket here. Its a spidi pro circuit in size small
padded and armoured if its any use to you.

xjxjxj, sounds good, :niceone: what colour is it, is it 3/4 length or waist length, and how much are you asking for this fine jacket?

Cajun
27th April 2004, 12:11
hey Shazuki and welcome
I am a fellow tauranga person as well, i am on a bright yellow gsxr600 with yellow jacket, or the wifes vtr1000f

There are a few of us fellow tauranga people around.

Have to catch up and go for a ride one day

Good luck, where ya get you bike?

Shazuki
27th April 2004, 18:14
Hi Cajun, I was the pillion on the red RF400 on the ride to the Coromandel a couple of weeks ago. :lol: enjoying all of the corners! I had to get a bike after that initiation...........so found one on the site here, from Kasper. It will be a whiile before I get to come riding with anyone as it is in pieces in my shed, and is getting a ground up re-build with Madandy. Lots to learn, then on to the road and even more to learn! :cool: Madandy would be keen to go for a ride, while he leaves me with the cleaning of the bike....no doubt!

FROSTY
27th April 2004, 20:36
xjxjxj, sounds good, :niceone: what colour is it, is it 3/4 length or waist length, and how much are you asking for this fine jacket?
You tell me--Im not out to make a buck - and its -I thiink below waist lenth
It has armour in the elbows and shoulders.
it has a zip out liner and zip open vents and the velcro anti balloon bits on the arms- yellow and black color

Cajun
28th April 2004, 07:55
Give me a yell if Madandy needs a hand a have rebuild a few bikes over the years.

And once its on the road we take out you, the misses doesn't ride fast she is happy to sit on 100km/h

Andrew
28th April 2004, 10:46
Jacket and pants: body armour a must being a beginner I think, Cheers
You should plan to ride with body armour even when your're a skilled rider. :)

Shazuki
28th April 2004, 14:17
You tell me--Im not out to make a buck - and its -I thiink below waist lenth
It has armour in the elbows and shoulders.
it has a zip out liner and zip open vents and the velcro anti balloon bits on the arms- yellow and black color

xjxjxj,
definately sounds good :niceone:
You must have an idea of what it cost you, and is worth to you to sell :msn-wink: any chance of a pic though? I'm sure madany would love an excuse to ride up to Aucks! :ride:

Shazuki
28th April 2004, 14:18
You should plan to ride with body armour even when your're a skilled rider. :)

Hi Andrew,
Good plan :doctor:

Blackbird
28th April 2004, 17:20
From one work colleague to another, welcome to the website and biking in general!

Ahem...... I saw the time of your postings. A day off work was it? Hehehe :2thumbsup

Happy restoring

Geoff

Shazuki
28th April 2004, 17:28
Hey, Geoff

Just filling in a late lunch break :bleh:

Sharon

FROSTY
29th April 2004, 21:14
I think it cost about 250 but like a hundred bucks would do me fine.
I bought it for baby bikie but its gonna be a fair few years till he fits it

FROSTY
3rd May 2004, 08:15
There should be a pic of the jacket attached to this post.
Its modelled by baby bikie so it looks huuge

Cajun
3rd May 2004, 12:30
hey xjxjxj if Shazuki is not interested in it i might be, i am just after a jacket like that and yellow match my bike. my old dririder jacket that i had for the past 5 1/2 years is just about dead.

FROSTY
3rd May 2004, 13:05
no worries but it is like a small size .

Cajun
3rd May 2004, 15:51
i'm skinny as hell, i have to see what size my other jacket is

Shazuki
3rd May 2004, 18:24
:Oi: Cajun you're too tall for MY jacket :lol:

Xjxjxj thanks for the piccy it looks great.Will call nearer end of week.Sharon.

Cajun would you like to ride up to Aucks with Andy to get MY jacket? :ride:

Cajun
3rd May 2004, 21:18
yeah i could be interested in going for ride this weekend,

FROSTY
3rd May 2004, 23:22
ok --so its first come first served and i give ya both the addy at the same time--now can an RF400 get here quicker than a gsxr600
--Nope kidding folks --we need these ladies padded up dont we now

Cajun
4th May 2004, 07:43
the way the rf400 will get there quicker is i'm still running me bike in.

xjxjxj - damn straight we gotta get these ladys kitted up and riding bikes, my wife has two sets of gear, leathers jacket/pants/gloves and a set of gortex pants/jacket/gloves

Shazuki
4th May 2004, 15:44
Sounds like a plan...............what's you home number Cajun, so we can see if you feel like a SLOW cruise to Aucks on the weekend. :yes:

XJ, it will either be a yellow bike or a red bike that comes to yours on the weekend. :ride:

Cajun
4th May 2004, 16:24
won't be that slow but won't be fast would wanna come home the back way(over kamias if weather is good)