PDA

View Full Version : Latest Craze with American Teens

shazzygirl
12th April 2006, 17:31
I know that I may have too much time on my hands, but did anyone also catch both Dr Phill and Oprah yesterday (11th April)?
Both of these programmes spent time on the latest craze with the teenagers in America, not just the teens but young ones as young as 9.
Anyway its called The Choking Game, or The Pass Out Game. The teens are pairing up in groups and choking each other to the extent that they are passing out!
Yes, the latest craze!
Each person that spoke on both these programme described the high that they were achieving when they were coming back to consciousness, its euphoric and is just like being stoned!
The only thing is that these kids are unskilled at this and killing each other in the process of 'getting high!
There are even ones that are doing it 'alone' and choking themselves to death.
What happened to the good old days of having a joint and getting high and having a few laughs.
How the hell are we to protect our next generations if they are now choking themselves to death to get 'high'.
Anyone else heard of this - and is it here in NZ already?:shit:

thealmightytaco
12th April 2006, 17:34
Doesn't get any cheaper than that. Soon all the hobo's'll be doin' it.

And using double apostrophe's.

Awesome.

Velox
12th April 2006, 17:36
When I was at school (5th form?) some gals used to kinda do that - breathing real fast and then suddenly standing up and breathing slowly or something like that. Maybe the other way around. Makes you faint anyway.

Not exactly choking each other to death though.

Streetwise
12th April 2006, 17:37
its Fucked isnt it, can t understand why folk have to get into this kind of rubbish, i saw it and lots have died.

madboy
12th April 2006, 17:37
Darwin. 10 characters.

BuFfY
12th April 2006, 17:39
Yeah I saw part of this yesterday on Oprah... It is horrible aye!

One thing that is going around New Zealand at the moment is girls are cutting themselves... yep sure it has been going on for years but not to this extent. Girls are taking blades to school and threaten their boyfriends that if they don't do whatever it is they have asked of them they will cut themselves.
My questions is... where the hell did these kids learn this shit? Honestly it really upsets me that children are doing this to themselves.
My boss was talking to me about this the other day and how her son came to her and was like mum why are these girls gashing their legs up to get their way?
This may have something to do with mental illness.... but not completely.

I am sure that everyone is going to say blah blah blah stupid little girls... its a phase... etc etc etc but the problem is that they are open enough about doing it and noone is doing anything about it. At this age they do not have the self control to realise that it is wrong, it seems to be working for them so why stop? they haven't died.... yet

madboy
12th April 2006, 17:39
When I was at school...Dunno about when you were at school you sweet young thing, but when I was at school the 15yo girls had better things to choke on.

Velox
12th April 2006, 17:47
Dunno about when you were at school you sweet young thing, but when I was at school the 15yo girls had better things to choke on.
Yeah, probably their chocolate Zap when you came up with lines as witty that.

GR81
12th April 2006, 17:56
Natural Selection!!!!

Coyote
12th April 2006, 18:06
Just imagine having to grow up in this crazy world. I'm 16, I haven't been high, I've never had alcohol, I'm still a virgin and I'm very 'innocent' in my knowledge of sexual intercourse (I've had a very sheltered up-bringing), etc. Heaps of people I know get stoned on a Friday then get pissed and fucked on Saturday night every week, and they started doing this when they were 13-14. What's more, most of their parents don't realise this is why they stay the night at their 'friends' place all the time.

What I find disturbing is that I feel left out of all this and feel pressured to do the same :no:

BuFfY
12th April 2006, 18:19
Just imagine having to grow up in this crazy world. I'm 16, I haven't been high, I've never had alcohol, I'm still a virgin and I'm very 'innocent' in my knowledge of sexual intercourse (I've had a very sheltered up-bringing), etc. Heaps of people I know get stoned on a Friday then get pissed and fucked on Saturday night every week, and they started doing this when they were 13-14. What's more, most of their parents don't realise this is why they stay the night at their 'friends' place all the time.

What I find disturbing is that I feel left out of all this and feel pressured to do the same :no:

Something that is terrible in our society is that this is something not to do?! I mean why is it bad to not have done these bad things? Why when you say "I've never done drugs" people look at you like you just said you killed someone... shock horror there are good people in the world!
Big ups to people who don't give into stupid peer pressure... it isn't something that only happens with youngins...

Madness
12th April 2006, 18:23
Yeah, I saw it. Let me explain that in itself firstly. I am on holiday ( yeefuckinhaa ) and the missus watches Dr. Phil & O-pra, I just happened to be in the room.

The poor girl they had on the show fessin' up to it was very quick to see the wrong in her ways. It's amazing what you can achieve with kids simply by taking the time to talk with them instaed of at them I think.

Anybody ever heard of Freon? That's some bad shit!! :thud: :thud:

Coyote
12th April 2006, 18:36
Anybody ever heard of Freon? That's some bad shit!! :thud: :thud:
Nope. Care to explain?

Two Smoker
12th April 2006, 18:38

Dont worry, your not completely alone... Ive never smoked, never taken drugs... Wasnt exactly a bad kid...

But as for traffic offences and my riding reputation that i have on here of how i ride on the road... We wont go there...

John
12th April 2006, 18:40
Just imagine having to grow up in this crazy world. I'm 16, I haven't been high, I've never had alcohol, I'm still a virgin

Fuck thats a good effort, to much honda in your diet eh? kawasaki owners never have problems getting high/drunk/sexed fucken owns.

*peer preasure* get a kawasaki

Mental Trousers
12th April 2006, 18:40
Darwin.

Natural Selection!!!!
Survival of the fittest (or in this case, most intelligent)

Madness
12th April 2006, 18:43
Nope. Care to explain?

Not really. Just remember, if you ever feel pressured by peers to inhale Freon, do so at your own risk!! BAD shit.:spudbn:

Coyote
12th April 2006, 18:45
Dont worry, your not completely alone... Ive never smoked, never taken drugs... Wasnt exactly a bad kid...

But as for traffic offences and my riding reputation that i have on here of how i ride on the road... We wont go there...
Haha, sounds a bit familiar...

The main reason why I haven't got into drugs is I have always been worried that it might affect my riding. I don't really want to develop slow reactions.

By the way John, I do ride a Kawasaki. My brother's '04 KX125 rocks :2thumbsup

NotaGoth
12th April 2006, 18:45
Yeah seen this type of shit at school. Specially the one where they get someone to breathe as fast as they can while two maybe three people press as hard as they can against their chest until they collapse. So pretty much the same as choking yourself cause you mustn't end up getting much oxygen. Or how about the kids who are spraying fly spray onto glass, leaving it til it ends up in that whitish form, scraping it off, and sniffing it. :blank:

sunhuntin
12th April 2006, 18:58

rumba.....at your age, i was exactly the same. and im proud of it to. only thing is it also made me a social outcast....but thats lead to me not being afraid to buck society with certain things....i was 19 when i lost my virginity, 17 and at home when i had my first drink and have never smoked or touched drugs. i dont drink when im going to ride, and i ride daily, so a damn good incentive not to drink at all.

and by the way....we used to do that choking thing when i was 12...but only to see who could go the longest. i only did it twice after i got yelled at by the teacher.

green bling headed your way, dude. dont let the others force you into anything....its them who will end up fucked.

Mental Trousers
12th April 2006, 19:11

You have the internet. No excuse (and yes, all chicks take it up the butt and love ATM :eyepoke: )

Don't give in to the pressure. Just make sure you lose it before you're 25 as it's no longer admirable, it's scary wierd.

Madness
12th April 2006, 19:21
And take it from me that drugs do affect your riding.:2thumbsup

That choking thing on telly was wicked in the sense that kids are dying, in the hands of their best friends. How screwed is that? The girl on the show actually talked about the fact that she had her hands around the throat of somebody she "sort of cared about". I think she was 13. Can you imagine having the consequences of strangling your best friend at the age of 13??

She was lucky to have had a wake-up call, embarassing for the rest of her life that it may be.

No doubt it will be all over our schools come the end of Easter.

ZeroIndex
12th April 2006, 19:23
haha, one of my friends in South Africa used to do that.. I never saw any reason to do that

Colapop
12th April 2006, 19:29
Didn't Micheal Hutchence do that?

Isn't there a sexual thing where it's got something to do with choking or hanging or some shit like that?

That's f*cked up!

Grizz
12th April 2006, 19:30
I went back to Brissie last year, and caught up with the parents of a girl that went to my son's school when he was there. I found out that a kid that they both knew was in hospital with serious spinal problems due to doing something called the death drop, which is hanging upside down on the monkey bars by your legs then letting go!!...and this is at primary school. :angry2:

Finn
12th April 2006, 19:39
One thing that is going around New Zealand at the moment is girls are cutting themselves...

Yeah what's with these crazy girls? I picked up this chick from a student bar last week and we went back to her place. She stripped and said "gimme 12 inches and make be bleed" "Okay" I said, so I screwed her twice and punched her in the nose. Have it your way bitch. Whatever...

Sniper
12th April 2006, 19:44
Its been done for years, people have just invented a new longer lasting cotton wool and need to cover us some more. If the kids want to choke themselves, let them, Darwin will get some new friends

Coyote
12th April 2006, 19:44
Yeah what's with these crazy girls? I picked up this chick from a student bar last week and we went back to her place. She stripped and said "gimme 12 inches and make be bleed" "Okay" I said, so I screwed her twice and punched her in the nose. Have it your way bitch. Whatever...
Interesting...

madboy
12th April 2006, 20:04
Yeah, probably their chocolate Zap when you came up with lines as witty that.Shit, that must explain why I never got any action at school.

mikey
12th April 2006, 20:05
Just imagine having to grow up in this crazy world. I'm 16, I haven't been high, I've never had alcohol,

Heaps of people I know get stoned on a Friday then get pissed and fucked on Saturday night every week, and they started doing this when they were 13-14. What's more, most of their parents don't realise this is why they stay the night at their 'friends' place all the time.

wow you know some real bad ass fo's there rumballs!

madboy
12th April 2006, 20:12
(and yes, all chicks take it up the butt and love ATM :eyepoke: )In my experience all girls do... guess I've lived in the Hutt too long? Bonus points for the first person to look up what ATM means on their work computer - particularly the video tutorial.

Madness
12th April 2006, 20:40
In my experience all girls do... guess I've lived in the Hutt too long? Bonus points for the first person to look up what ATM means on their work computer - particularly the video tutorial.

Wouldn't want to get caught by management. That would leave a bad taste.....

Indiana_Jones
12th April 2006, 20:49
Gimp-fucking-tards

-Indy

justsomeguy
12th April 2006, 20:52
I can understand martial artists using this to train themselves to remain calm under submission holds however these kids are loco - hope they get a mighty fright and wise up.

BuFfY
12th April 2006, 21:25
ATM... Association of Teachers of Mathematics... whats wrong with that?

The Stranger
12th April 2006, 21:41
Hmm, there are a few people I would like to help out with that.

parsley
12th April 2006, 22:58
The teens are pairing up in groups and choking each other to the extent that they are passing out!
Yes, the latest craze!
Latest? We were doing that at school when I was a kid back in the 1980's. Bit daft, but it didn't affect me at all (twitch, twitch).

Why is it that every generation thinks they invented rebellion?

N4CR
12th April 2006, 23:01
*peer preasure* get a kawasaki

Spell it writght you knowb!

Yeah we used to do this shit when we had gardening periods when we were about 11 or so.... good fun but I guess we didn't realise the seriousness. If you want to know how to do it just pm me.. it's weird. Can remember something being mentioned at assembly once after a girl fell through a window doing it at school.

hazard02
13th April 2006, 08:10
Yeah seen this type of shit at school. Specially the one where they get someone to breathe as fast as they can while two maybe three people press as hard as they can against their chest until they collapse.

Saw kinda the same thing back in high school. Someone hyper-ventilates while sitting down, then stands up real fast. They really did pass out sometimes.
Being the hilarious guy i am i thought I'd pretend to do it myself, but after 'collapsing' i waited for everyone to gather round before leaping and screaming bloody murder. I still rememer their faces now....
That was how i got my kicks anyway.

slimjim
13th April 2006, 08:14
o sounds like a young one here

sels1
13th April 2006, 08:50
Anybody ever heard of Freon? That's some bad shit!!

Yip, its a trade name for monoflourodiflouromethane and its brother diflourotriflouromethane (think thats the right spelling, its been a few years since I worked with them) commonly known as R12 and R22. The were the 2 most common refrigerants used in fridges, freezers air - con etc from the '40s to the '90s when it was found their flourocarbon content was depleting the ozone layer. In its natuaul state its main danger is that it displaces air as it is heavier - so in an enclosed space you wouldnt get enough oxygen. Where it is really dangerous is if it is burnt - when welding pipes or even drawn in thu a ciggarette - it takes on the properties of Fosgene (sp?) the leathal nerve gas used in the first World War.

Skyryder
13th April 2006, 18:49

Just enjoy the last of your innocence. Life get's pretty 'fucked,' if you will excuse the pun, once it's gone.

Skyryder

boomer
13th April 2006, 19:06
Im 36 and at 13-14 in chemistry/physics class's sitting on the tall stools we'd put our head between your legs and hold your breath for as long as you could; Then when you had to breath you'd sit up and take a breath; Voila.. you'd faint and fall off your stool onto the floor; Instant high and if you were lucky enough not to bang ya head on the work benches or the floor then you sat quietly outside the nurses office for the remainder of the lesson.. if you banged ya head then it was off to A&E. Either way you missed boring chemistry/physics and had a 10 second buzz. The only draw back was you'd have to be in quick otherwise it looked a tad sus everyone fainting :2thumbsup

Swoop
13th April 2006, 20:01
...commonly known as R12 and R22...
Robinson R-22....

NOW we are talking senseless deaths......:bye:

Edbear
13th April 2006, 20:37

The Gaols, Hospitals and Morgues are full of people, and not just young ones, who gave in to peer pressure. Just because it appears "everyone is doing it" and they ridicule you for being different, doesn't make them right. They aren't the one's who'll suffer if you get hurt. Trust your instincts and be true to yourself. Are they healthier and happier for their lifestyle or are they full of angst and negativity? Every action has consequences, carefully consider the consequences! It's often what keeps us alive on the road. TAlk to your parents, if they are as caring of you as they seem from your comments, they will be open with you and understanding of your doubts.

Edbear
13th April 2006, 20:43
Robinson R-22....

NOW we are talking senseless deaths......:bye:

Yep! A good little Chopper if used within it's design parameters. Unfortunately it's such a popular aircraft that most of the helicopter accidents just happen to be R22's! Good pick, though in the light of the thread! SAme principles apply...

Coyote
13th April 2006, 21:28
It's been great the response I've got from that one post. You'll all been really helpful

One of my good friends (I've told the LOTPIHGAD gang about her) has only just had to go through an abortion, and she's 2 years younger than me. She says all this drugs and alcohol is awful yet she can't stop. Don't really understand why she just can't stop if she doesn't like it so much. Still doesn't stop her saying that I should lighten up and I 'need to get laid'. She's allready corrupted enough souls as it is, she almost brags about doing so

sunhuntin
14th April 2006, 11:45
rumba.....tis indeed a sad state of affairs...she will realise only when its too late. as i said in a pm to you, at your age my brother was same...and 10 years later....he still is. keeps telling mum and dad hes "clean" but i know hes not....yet they keep bailing him out......one day, they wont be here to rescue him, and sure as hell i aint doin it. sure, hes popular and well liked by those in his social circle, but his family will abandon him.
and eventually, your friends family will probably do the same thing....not her parents, but others.

:bs: