PDA

View Full Version : Desperate for an early round...

BarBender
12th April 2006, 18:02
I did a day ride down to Whakatane last Saturday and going through Manukau I came up behind this biker with his golf bag strapped to his back. (He looked to be riding an old GN250).

It was raining and he was having major trouble cornering. As I passed him it looked as if his clubs were starting to spill out of the bag so he stopped on the side of the road to sort himself out.

Two questions:

1. That wasnt anyone on this site, was it? If so - I hope you had a good game and got home safely :slap:

2. Is that legal?

Ixion
12th April 2006, 18:11
Insecure load, maybe. Other than that it's legal enough, why wouldn't it be.

Madness
12th April 2006, 18:32
Last time I checked being a total pratt is still legal in this country.

Mind you, give them 10 points for being not only on a motorcycle in the rain, but off to play golf in the wet also. Motivated if nothing else??

BarBender
12th April 2006, 18:46
Insecure load, maybe. Other than that it's legal enough, why wouldn't it be.

Great! Thanks Ixion. I'm playing golf this weekend. If its a fine day I take the bike!

Swoop
13th April 2006, 20:15
This is a wind up, right???

GOLF???
A good walk fucked up!!!!!

BarBender
14th April 2006, 23:25
Agreed - Played shit this morning so the walk was completely #$%$ up.

I tried the clubs over the back thing. Had to give it a go. Probably first and the last time I do it even though I had stand and carry golf bag with a 4 strap harness. Felt safe enough (touch wood) but as I was riding I kept thinking...what the hell am I doing????

I know..I know...

Maha
15th April 2006, 10:33
A bloke said to me once (after i had tee'd off ) that golf is one of those games that, if you have a bad round you cant wait to get out again, if you have good round you cant wait to get out again, and you would play golf in weather that you wouldnt mow the lawns in.......:oi-grr:
The guy on the bike??......think we all know what his handicap is........:weird:

sunhuntin
15th April 2006, 18:54
old man....golf clubs....old gn250.....hell if i didnt know any better id say that was dad! but i dont think he ever tried that....though i think he did go fishing that way once or twice.

likely could go for insecure load, since they wer spilling out, but theres gotta be a way of preventing that....either positioning or something over the top of the clubs [zip up hood type thing?]

pritch
27th April 2006, 17:07
old man....golf clubs....old gn250.....hell if i didnt know any better id say that was dad! but i dont think he ever tried that....though i think he did go fishing that way once or twice.

I went fishing on the K100RS years ago. Went to Taupo (two piece rod in a case) several times.

Went to the McKenzie Country and the deep south once with a borrowed four piece. Had everything I needed except the weather!

Have carried frearms more than once, some more obvious than others.
Saw a guy on a bike a few weeks back with a Mini 14 or 30 and a banana mag. (The open end of the mag was in his pocket.)

Any questions regarding legality had bugger-all to do with the bike...

Have yet to try golf clubs though.

thatHurt
27th April 2006, 17:27
I thought this thread was going to be about beer! I'm really thirsty now.

Whynot
27th April 2006, 18:12
Last time I checked being a total pratt is still legal in this country.

Mind you, give them 10 points for being not only on a motorcycle in the rain, but off to play golf in the wet also. Motivated if nothing else??

:lol: yea thats real commitment for you.
:rockon: