PDA

View Full Version : CBR600F2 - Mag Article from 1995 - 13 extensive tests of after-market exhaust systems

WildBoarMouse
12th April 2006, 18:30
This is the second of two articles I've scanned off. Hopefully this is helpful to some CBR600 F2 owners out there!

I'm not entirely sure how relevant this is to today's exhaust systems... Any comments would be appreciated

Anyway, as the title says, this is a list of tests peformed on an F2 using the following exhaust and muffler systems. Everything is dyno'd and photographed so you can see what it would look like on your bike.

Gibson CBR600 Race
Lazer CBR600 Race
Micron Race
D&D Race
Muller Technik Endurance
Two Brothers Racing
Yoshimura race series
Lazer Pro d'Or
Quill Race
Skorpian Race
Micron 2000 Performance
Micron 2000 E
Remus

The Silence of the Cans 2 (3.9Mb) (http://hnpl.net/~darcyw/CBR600F2/Performance_Bikes_(March_1995)_-_The_silence_of_the_cans_2.pdf)
I've scanned this at 400dpi but without OCR. Should be sufficient for most people to read the dyno results

Exhaust attributes that are measured and shown:
Exhaust Type
Finish (e.g. painted mild steel, carbon can)
Construction (e.g. 4-2-1)
Weight
Carburation
CO Readings
- Idle
- Roll-on
- All Gears
Noise (dB)
BHP
Price

Have fun
WBM

GR81
12th April 2006, 21:03
what a hardout...

mines putting out 80.9hp at the rear with an Arrow exhaust... guess it's getting old now tho :(

Jonty
13th April 2006, 09:35
what a hardout...

mines putting out 80.9hp at the rear with an Arrow exhaust... guess it's getting old now tho :(

Yeah I have an arrow on the F3. Buggered if I know how many hps there are but I suspect around 85ish.

ferretface
16th April 2006, 15:44
Looks like the Arrow is the most popular - I got one too and no idea how much HP it gives but it sounds damn nice!

GR81
16th April 2006, 20:32
if i get the chance ill scan my dyno sheet and post it up.

steved
5th September 2006, 16:32
Looks like the Arrow is the most popular - I got one too and no idea how much HP it gives but it sounds damn nice!Me four. Perhaps it is something of a stock exhaust for the CBR600?