PDA

View Full Version : Wellington: Manfeild open day 30th of May.

White trash
27th April 2004, 13:31
Allright, I'm giving heaps of warning so there'll be no excuses.

After the resounding success last week at Pukekohe, I'm extending an invitation to all the cool Aucklanders I was fortunate enough to meet and hang with.

This will be held on the full circuit and if you think Puk-ies technical, wait till you see Manfeilds 13 or so turns.

I will put up or find accomodation for anyone wishing to make the trip and the 30th is a Sunday. It only costs around $40 to ride from Auckland to wellington, free accomodation, what else do you need to know?

Anybody who just wants to come for a ride but not participate on the track is more than welcome too.

Now, Jimbo, I need to borrow your spare room....... :laugh:

James Deuce
27th April 2004, 13:33
Got any derestriction kits for a TRX??

White trash
27th April 2004, 13:37
Got any derestriction kits for a TRX??

Yup. A tow rope from the Gixxer Six in front :laugh:

God, I'm a comedian! Thought you'd gone off the funday thing? Never loose the urge, eh!

Motoracer
27th April 2004, 13:53

After the resounding success last week at Pukekohe, I'm extending an invitation to all the cool Aucklanders I was fortunate enough to meet and hang with.

This will be held on the full circuit and if you think Puk-ies technical, wait till you see Manfeilds 13 or so turns.

I will put up or find accomodation for anyone wishing to make the trip and the 30th is a Sunday. It only costs around $40 to ride from Auckland to wellington, free accomodation, what else do you need to know?

Anybody who just wants to come for a ride but not participate on the track is more than welcome too.

Won't be comming to this one but I sure will another time. Mmmmmmmh 13 or so turns, now thats what I am talking about!

How much is the entry fee BTW?

Cajun
27th April 2004, 14:59
i might be interested (c:< misses might be on her vtr1000 as well, might need to put new tires on it before that tho the standard dunlop 220 only got about 3000kms worth of road riding and so maybe 1 track day in them

White trash
27th April 2004, 15:00
it's $10 per 15min session. Good value indeed!

White trash
27th April 2004, 15:02
i might be interested (c:< misses might be on her vtr1000 as well, might need to put new tires on it before that tho the standard dunlop 220 only got about 3000kms worth of road riding and so maybe 1 track day in them

Something not right there. I get more than that out of pirelli Sc1 and 2s and they're a production race tyre.

FROSTY
27th April 2004, 15:51
I think Ill be in for this one. I can probably borrow a toyota jumbo high roof van from work --so I could take 3 other bikes down with me.
Ill just need a few more tie downs

Motoracer
27th April 2004, 16:01
Oooh oooh oooh, can I tag along with ya XJ X 3?

Getting there is the only prob for me as I don't want to risk my second van being stuck half way down or up.

White trash
27th April 2004, 16:02
Oooh oooh oooh, can I tag along with ya XJ X 3?

Getting there is the only prob for me as I don't want to risk my second van being stuck half way down or up.
:laugh: :laugh:

You could have a collection of Econovans half way between Wgtn and Auckland.

Now THAT'S funny.

White trash
27th April 2004, 16:05
Ah FUCK!!!!!!!

Bike has to have a WOF to be allowed on the track.

They've let it go previously but I can't garantee it :whocares:

Motoracer
27th April 2004, 16:07
Ah FUCK!!!!!!!

Argh!! WTF is all that about? I mean, why is it called a race track then? :(

White trash
27th April 2004, 16:10
Argh!! WTF is all that about? I mean, why is it called a race track then? :(

It's to discourage burglers like yourself coming down and riding race bikes 'round the track when it's an open day for road riders and drivers.

Also a very easy way of scrutineering. Don't dispair young fellah!

You get your bike here, I'll get it on the track for you. :msn-wink:

Motoracer
27th April 2004, 16:18
It's to discourage burglers like yourself coming down and riding race bikes 'round the track when it's an open day for road riders and drivers.

Also a very easy way of scrutineering. Don't dispair young fellah!

You get your bike here, I'll get it on the track for you. :msn-wink:

Sounds sweet!

Cajun
27th April 2004, 16:38
Something not right there. I get more than that out of pirelli Sc1 and 2s and they're a production race tyre.

no she has already done 10,000kms on them already
so they got about 3000-4000 still to go on them i guess
she had the bike about 18 months now

White trash
27th April 2004, 16:49
ohhhhhh, my mistake, sorry.

Good stuff, one more funday to finish them off. you and your wife are most welcome to stay at my wifes place. Let me know.

Firefight
27th April 2004, 16:53
:laugh: :laugh:

You could have a collection of Econovans half way between Wgtn and Auckland.

Now THAT'S funny.

Don't encourage him WT

F/F :crazy:

White trash
27th April 2004, 16:58
You gonna come down F/F?

Make up for bailing on us on Sturday? :laugh:

We missed ya, still had a nice ride mind.

Firefight
27th April 2004, 17:17
You gonna come down F/F?

Make up for bailing on us on Sturday? :laugh:

We missed ya, still had a nice ride mind.

Yeah sorry Jimmy, got on the piss the night B4, :sick: last min pms , got few together and made a 10.00am departure from Autobahn, you had gone by the time we made Naragwhia :Oops:

F/F :crazy:

Marknz
27th April 2004, 19:26
Ah FUCK!!!!!!!

What?!? I've got the bucket racer coming over from Aussie 'specially to show it off at that meeting. Given that I can't race it officially in NZ 'cause it's 10cc, yes 10cc, too powerful I was hoping to give it a good thrashing at Manfield. So do I have to look out for race bike only days or something like that?

jimbo600
27th April 2004, 19:45

Guess what? I aint going to be here. I'll be in Bali.

People are going to think that I'm avoiding track days.

I'll have a chat to Kath and see if we can sort a room even if were are not there. We come back on the 30th.

I'll put my massive brain into gear and see what I can do re accommodation.

FROSTY
27th April 2004, 20:23
undefinedundefinedundefined
Ok so Ill be going down--Motoracer how many bikes do you wanna take with ya?

RiderInBlack
27th April 2004, 20:34
Would love to do Manfeild again. Hope that money and time will prevaile (she's a bit tight at the moment).

Motoracer
27th April 2004, 20:58
undefinedundefinedundefined
Ok so Ill be going down--Motoracer how many bikes do you wanna take with ya?

Just the one man. I'll be focusing on my GSXR from now on.

Drunken Monkey
28th April 2004, 08:56
Yo White Trash,

might be a plan to fly down, pickup me bike, race it *ahem* I mean 'run it in' and ride home... :)

PS- your service manager said he was going to get back to me last Friday and still hasn't. Wanna give him a kick up the backside for me?

TKS.

White trash
28th April 2004, 09:43
Yo White Trash,

might be a plan to fly down, pickup me bike, race it *ahem* I mean 'run it in' and ride home... :)

PS- your service manager said he was going to get back to me last Friday and still hasn't. Wanna give him a kick up the backside for me?

TKS.

Sorry about that, D/M. Bruce has been a bit crook.

He's looking at it right now, will call you today. Good plan on the fly down, ride/race/roll/bowl/arsehole home.

Pain we couldn't catch up last weekend.

Jimmy

phil_elvey
28th April 2004, 09:49

MINTAAA!!!!!!

White trash
28th April 2004, 10:17
MINTAAA!!!!!!

Be good to catch up again, Phil. :2thumbsup

Drunken Monkey
28th April 2004, 10:27
Sorry about that, D/M. Bruce has been a bit crook.

He's looking at it right now, will call you today. Good plan on the fly down, ride/race/roll/bowl/arsehole home.

Pain we couldn't catch up last weekend.

Jimmy

Oh well, fair 'nuff then.

Yeah, without a bike and wiht so much work on, it wasn't worth me taking the time off (us contractors gotta work to get paid...). Shame everyone had to rush home, would've been good to catch up over some beers...

wkid_one
28th April 2004, 18:23
We'll see......I'll focus on the bike and try and plan a work trip to fielding at the same time.

phil_elvey
30th April 2004, 12:04
:innocent: Dear God,
I have stuck to the speed limit for the last few days. I have refrained from wheelies, stoppies and general hooligan behaivour. Please grant us a fine day for this holy event.
Armen

White trash
30th April 2004, 12:27
I have stuck to the speed limit for the last few days. I have refrained from wheelies, stoppies and general hooligan behaivour. Please grant us a fine day for this holy event.
Armen

Keep the faith my brother, it will be so.

FROSTY
30th April 2004, 12:47
F$#$ F#$#$ F#$#$--- I just checked -the open day at manfeild is the weekend before the final round of the amc'cs club series at Taupo -The meeting got moved back because of the V8 s
I can't take both weekends off.
Shit a brick batman :angry2:

babyB
30th April 2004, 12:54
F$#$ F#$#$ F#$#$--- I just checked -the open day at manfeild is the weekend before the final round of the amc'cs club series at Taupo -The meeting got moved back because of the V8 s
I can't take both weekends off.
Shit a brick batman :angry2:
and the pacific mcc series final round on 30th mat too at taupo

FROSTY
30th April 2004, 12:58
and the pacific mcc series final round on 30th mat too at taupo
You sure?? I thought I had it down as 6/6/04 don't telll me I stuffed it up again :Oops:

babyB
30th April 2004, 13:03
You sure?? I thought I had it down as 6/6/04 don't telll me I stuffed it up again :Oops:
and the pacific mcc summer series final round on 30/5 at too at taupo.

the AMCC protecter ins series final round on 5/6 at Taupo ( i think i got dates right.lol been alot changes)

phil_elvey
3rd May 2004, 12:14
Who cares about that other stuff, the open day's gunna be primo!!!

White trash
4th May 2004, 16:24
Hey, Phil. Do you wanna borrow some leathers for the day? You're a skinny little bugger like me, they'd probably fit you.

And they used to belong to Robert Holden so they know their way around Manfield by themselves.

Let me know and I'll sort it out. :D

phil_elvey
6th May 2004, 11:32
Hey, Phil. Do you wanna borrow some leathers for the day? You're a skinny little bugger like me, they'd probably fit you.

And they used to belong to Robert Holden so they know their way around Manfield by themselves.

Let me know and I'll sort it out. :D

Yeah mate, that'd be choice. But won't it be a bit of a burden to bring them up from Welly? I do have my 2pc, but if you were going to bring them up I'd lend my 2pc to a mate who doesn't have any leathers.

Drew
8th May 2004, 22:30
I'll be there with a big bell round my neck :banana: Lets see if we can't get the old girls clutch to shit itself.
Might even get some "mingahs" in on the middle staight! :crazy:

wkid_one
8th May 2004, 23:14
It is looking more and more likely as each day goes by.......

I'll be vanning up if anyone wants a lift

Sk8r_Boi_
11th May 2004, 12:49

:doh: Sound Good Would Come But Dont Know The Way There, Any Help On Directions Please :rockon:

White trash
11th May 2004, 12:52
:doh: Sound Good Would Come But Dont Know The Way There, Any Help On Directions Please :rockon:

Drive to Fielding. There it is.

See you there.

Sk8r_Boi_
11th May 2004, 13:03
O I See, Yeah Will They Be Signs Around For When You Get Into Fielding So You Know Where To Go From There....Or Not.......

Yep Yep See You There Maybe.:sweet:

Deano
11th May 2004, 13:05
Armen

Bloody Hell Phil - you must be suffering withdrawal symptoms... :msn-wink:

White trash
12th May 2004, 13:43

As you are contrbuting to this thread, Deano. Am I save in assuming that you and your nutty mate, Cycosis, will be joining us at this un-competitive event?

I certainly hope so. Got me a hankering to do some H bashing :blah:

jimbo600
12th May 2004, 15:09
As you are contrbuting to this thread, Deano. Am I save in assuming that you and your nutty mate, Cycosis, will be joining us at this un-competitive event?

Jeez it all sounds too good. I might have to tell Kath to go to Bali on her own and come to the trackday with you lot.

I'll need a place to rent soon thereafter too.

OLD_R
12th May 2004, 16:06

Now The R's back in action your all going down. :2thumbsup

Deano
12th May 2004, 16:10

I'll be there for sure - but I know what your lap times are like so :wavey:

Maybe with the SC on the front I will be able to push a bit harder than usual, and take a couple of seconds off my times, but I'd say I will still be a couple of seconds (at least) behind you.....ya smartass.

Cycosis wil certainly try his nutty best to keep up with ya.

Deano
12th May 2004, 16:13
Now The R's back in action your all going down. :2thumbsup

Please explain.....

Going down (on you?....fek off)

Going down on the track (again fek off - if I can help it)

??????????????? :whistle:

FROSTY
12th May 2004, 16:17
well I tried slow talk and fast talk just aint no way i can get both weekends off-- darn it all I was looking forward to riding with you fast welly guys

Deano
12th May 2004, 16:19
O I See, Yeah Will They Be Signs Around For When You Get Into Fielding So You Know Where To Go From There....Or Not.......

Yep Yep See You There Maybe.:sweet:

Follow SH1 down to Sanson, go straight through towards Pamly and Feilding, take left turn off SH1 about 5-7kms past Sanson, then next left, then as you enter Feilding there is a Mobil on the left - road to track opposite Mobil.

Pretty easy - if you get lost in Feilding you are a worry.

Im sure everyone is looking forward to meeting you in person.

White trash
12th May 2004, 16:30
Follow SH1 down to Sanson, go straight through towards Pamly and Feilding, take left turn off SH1 about 5-7kms past Sanson, then next left, then as you enter Feilding there is a Mobil on the left - road to track opposite Mobil.

Him? I'm looking forward to meeting you in person, pal!

Sick of your Honda trash talking on here. Didn't anyone tell you that I talk the crap around here! :moon:

White trash
12th May 2004, 16:31
well I tried slow talk and fast talk just aint no way i can get both weekends off-- darn it all I was looking forward to riding with you fast welly guys

What fast guys?

Surely not Jimbo750 :killingme

Marknz
12th May 2004, 17:09
I'll need a place to rent soon thereafter too.

:Oi: I've got room :yeah:

jimbo600
12th May 2004, 17:16
What fast guys?

It is common knowledge that I am the fastest round these parts.........you all remember that while I'm in Bali. Kath will find out that I'm the fastest round her parts too.

White trash
12th May 2004, 17:17
I might have to tell Kath to go to Bali on her own ....

I've taken part in your stimulating conversation and I'd say either way, Kaths going to Bali by herself :killingme

I'm off to take another mans wife out for a drink. See you punters later.

Motoracer
12th May 2004, 17:18
Kath will find out that I'm the fastest round her parts too.

That's not necessarily a good thing...

jimbo600
12th May 2004, 17:19
:Oi: I've got room :yeah:

Appreciate the offer mate, but in the cold hard light of day I think it's best if I fuck off to Bali. Especially if I want that K4 750.

FROSTY
12th May 2004, 17:20
What fast guys?

as i recall pukie went summat like -- castrol-nail it --'come on bitch faster faster'--ZIP ZIP ZIP as a yellow streak goes flying past me followed by a couple of other demons on his tail feck feck feck im bloody at walking pace
maybee if next lap I :ar15: :ar15:

MD
12th May 2004, 19:30
Follow SH1 down to Sanson...as you enter Feilding there is a Mobil on the left - road to track opposite Mobil.

Anyone else noticed that some of Sk8r Boi's posts are down right odd. Another important tip. There is a horse race circuit sharing the entrance to the motor track. So, if you notice a severe lack of traction, fall off everytime you try and lean and the place stinks like horse shit - try the circuit next door

Deano
12th May 2004, 19:40
Anyone else noticed that some of Sk8r Boi's posts are down right odd. Another important tip. There is a horse race circuit sharing the entrance to the motor track. So, if you notice a severe lack of traction, fall off everytime you try and lean and the place stinks like horse shit - try the circuit next door

So you coming up Mark ??

Looks like we will need a few quick Honda's to keep these suzi boys in check :bash:

MD
12th May 2004, 23:00
So you coming up Mark ??

Looks like we will need a few quick Honda's to keep these suzi boys in check :bash:
Too right. Look forward to meeting you all. For those keen to ride up in a group how about a gathering at the Shell/Macdonalds Paremata around 8am.
Mark

Marknz
12th May 2004, 23:28
Especially if I want that K4 750.

You've got two shows of getting the 750K4... and the dog show has already left town.

You'll just have to settle for the fact that when (if?) I get to tame the beast then the only thing you'll be seeing is the Tiger Angel emblem on my arse! :Punk:

LB
13th May 2004, 05:49
Too right. Look forward to meeting you all. For those keen to ride up in a group how about a gathering at the Shell/Macdonalds Paremata around 8am.
Mark
if it's fine, Hamish and I might join you guys at Shell for the ride up. B/fst at McDonalds is always a good way to start a ride. Shame it's not a McCafe so I can have a decent coffee.

LB
13th May 2004, 05:53

Deano: sorry to correct you, but at Sanson you go straight ahead and it turns into SH3. (SH1 goes right towards Foxton).

So Sk8r_Boi, you go straight ahead at Sanson and follow SH3 for about 5-7kms. You turn left on a slight right-hander, it's signposted to Feilding. From the intersection you go downhill onto a long straight (don't be tempted, people have been ticketed there before!!) then you veer left at the next intersection, then just go straight ahead till the Mobil on your left, where you turn right.

Deano
13th May 2004, 07:50
Deano: sorry to correct you, but at Sanson you go straight ahead and it turns into SH3. (SH1 goes right towards Foxton).

So Sk8r_Boi, you go straight ahead at Sanson and follow SH3 for about 5-7kms. You turn left on a slight right-hander, it's signposted to Feilding. From the intersection you go downhill onto a long straight (don't be tempted, people have been ticketed there before!!) then you veer left at the next intersection, then just go straight ahead till the Mobil on your left, where you turn right.

Simple misunderstanding - I meant straight ahead at Sanson.(exactly what you said)

Deano
13th May 2004, 07:53
Mark

That would be cool, but you will miss Paekak Hill if you go that way. I guess there is no Macca's in Pauahatanui - are we stopping for breakie - MMMMMM B & E McMuffin - shit Im getting hungry now.

MD
13th May 2004, 08:16
you will miss Paekak Hill if you go that way are we stopping for breakie
Your'e a keen man wanting to do the PieCock hill before a long trip to the track. That'll mean getting out of bed even earlier! Me, I'm not a fan of Maccas breakie, But being 6 minutes from home I'm ready for my first coffee stop by then. Fill up on the good brew 98 octane at the Mobil Parematta roundabout first. Whats the consensus??

White trash
13th May 2004, 08:26
Your'e a keen man wanting to do the PieCock hill before a long trip to the track. That'll mean getting out of bed even earlier! Me, I'm not a fan of Maccas breakie, But being 6 minutes from home I'm ready for my first coffee stop by then. Fill up on the good brew 98 octane at the Mobil Parematta roundabout first. Whats the consensus??

Tell me where, when and me and my crew will be there. :rockon:

White trash
13th May 2004, 08:27
You've got two shows of getting the 750K4... and the dog show has already left town.

You'll just have to settle for the fact that when (if?) I get to tame the beast then the only thing you'll be seeing is the Tiger Angel emblem on my arse! :Punk:

:2thumbsup Jesus, Mark. I can see you're going to fit right in with us bullshiters :D

Deano
13th May 2004, 14:35

Sounds like a plan to me.

Marknz
13th May 2004, 18:30
:2thumbsup Jesus, Mark. I can see you're going to fit right in with us bullshiters :D

Yea, right up until you all get to see me punt around Manfield in 2nd gear with a shit scared look on my face :baby: ... oh yea, full face with tinted visor. I'm safe

LB
14th May 2004, 05:11
BLT Bagels are the go for McDonald's brekkies.....

White trash
14th May 2004, 07:31
BLT Bagels are the go for McDonald's brekkies.....

True to form, 5 am-ish. :shit:

phil_elvey
14th May 2004, 13:36
Yeah definately. The last track day I went to was on the RG150, and I had a mint time. Now with the kwaka.... :niceone:

White trash
19th May 2004, 09:05
One week and a half to go!!!

I'm almost pissing my pants in anticipation. Show of hands who's meeting at Shell/Maccas Mana at 8am?

:spudwave:

FROSTY
19th May 2004, 09:30
nup not I bugger it :finger:

Deano
19th May 2004, 09:49
One week and a half to go!!!

I'm almost pissing my pants in anticipation. Show of hands who's meeting at Shell/Maccas Mana at 8am?

:spudwave:

:2thumbsup although I'll be :angry: :sick: :angry2: :puke: :crybaby: if it is raining heavily.

MD
19th May 2004, 18:46
Counting down the days aswell WT. Really lookin forward to this one. Please please be fine.
Is 8am early enough? We need some riders to get to the track early and nab the stables (know what I mean, the under cover parking right next to the marshalling area). last year some of those arseholes in cars started moving in on the bike shed. Prats, they've got a roof over their heads
Are you Wanganui guys listening? Get there early for a change, book us a bay, thanks

Marknz
19th May 2004, 18:58
Counting down the days aswell WT. Really lookin forward to this one. Please please be fine.
Is 8am early enough? We need some riders to get to the track early and nab the stables (know what I mean, the under cover parking right next to the marshalling area). last year some of those arseholes in cars started moving in on the bike shed. Prats, they've got a roof over their heads
Are you Wanganui guys listening? Get there early for a change, book us a bay, thanks

I'll be at the track on the raceday and then, if the weather is fine, riding to Wanganui on the Saturday night (to visit family) before riding back down again on the Sunday morning. If the weather is shite I'll just look for a motel in Fielding for the night. Tell me where these 'stables' are and how many you want reserved and I'll do my best.

Do you need full leathers for these ride days, or can I get away with leathers pants and Dri-Rider jacket? I don't fancy wearing my poser race leathers all weekend if the weather is crap. Even better, is anyone travelling by four wheeler and willing to take my leathers up for me? I can drop them off to you next week.

LB
20th May 2004, 05:47
I'll be at the track on the raceday and then, if the weather is fine, riding to Wanganui on the Saturday night (to visit family) before riding back down again on the Sunday morning. If the weather is shite I'll just look for a motel in Fielding for the night. Tell me where these 'stables' are and how many you want reserved and I'll do my best.

Do you need full leathers for these ride days, or can I get away with leathers pants and Dri-Rider jacket? I don't fancy wearing my poser race leathers all weekend if the weather is crap. Even better, is anyone travelling by four wheeler and willing to take my leathers up for me? I can drop them off to you next week.
Mark: we're going by car - we'll be up there both Sat and Sun. I'll PM you re the leathers, we're happy to take them up/back for you.

I'll show you the stables Mark means on the Saturday.

I've decided we're going to take the car (pit crewing on Saturday, a pain to be in bike gear) and will stay o/night rather than go back home/up again on Sunday. So note we won't be at Maccas on the 30th. Have a BLT bagel for me pse WT.

White trash
20th May 2004, 07:15
Mark: we're going by car - we'll be up there both Sat and Sun. I'll PM you re the leathers, we're happy to take them up/back for you.

I'll show you the stables Mark means on the Saturday.

I've decided we're going to take the car (pit crewing on Saturday, a pain to be in bike gear) and will stay o/night rather than go back home/up again on Sunday. So note we won't be at Maccas on the 30th. Have a BLT bagel for me pse WT.

No problems, dude. I'm the BLT Bagel master!

Velox
21st May 2004, 01:50
Are you guys talking about Sat or Sun? I'm probably going to head up on the Sat, so see you all up there.

LB
21st May 2004, 06:11
I'm going to be up there both days.

will start a thread in a day or two to try to organise somewhere to meet up at the track.

spudchucka
21st May 2004, 07:04
No doubt this has been covered so I apologise for asking but is this open day a bike only day or an open to all and sundry day?? Its worth going along just to watch the sad arse boy racers trying to drift their piece of crap cars. I've been to two of these days before and both times some idiot rolled his car trying to drift.

MD
21st May 2004, 17:39
No doubt this has been covered so I apologise for asking but is this open day a bike only day or an open to all and sundry day?? Its worth going along just to watch the sad arse boy racers trying to drift their piece of crap cars. I've been to two of these days before and both times some idiot rolled his car trying to drift.
its open to any vehicle with a current WOF i.e. race bikes and race cars are not allowed. Mind you there is bugger all checking and the drifters swap to worn slicks

spudchucka
21st May 2004, 20:38
its open to any vehicle with a current WOF i.e. race bikes and race cars are not allowed. Mind you there is bugger all checking and the drifters swap to worn slicks
Thanks, those drifters crack me up.

White trash
22nd May 2004, 09:06
Thanks, those drifters crack me up.

Speaking of which, my brother and cousin are both accomplished "drifters" (feel free to jump in any time, Old R)

Anyone wanting to do a couple of fairly exciting laps in a cage, come and find me and I'll sort you out with a ride in a suicide seat.

Oh yeah, bring a change of underwear! :eek:

wkid_one
22nd May 2004, 10:05
Speaking of which, my brother and cousin are both accomplished "drifters" (feel free to jump in any time, Old R)

Anyone wanting to do a couple of fairly exciting laps in a cage, come and find me and I'll sort you out with a ride in a suicide seat.

Oh yeah, bring a change of underwear! :eek:
I'd rather drive the car! Drifting in someone elses car - much better!

White trash
22nd May 2004, 11:36
I'd rather drive the car! Drifting in someone elses car - much better!

Yeah, I've had some interesting 140kph spins coming out of Higgins in the Skyline. Got the thing half submerged in mud and shit on the inside of the track. :Oops:

It's funny when the marshalls have to tow you out on their quads twice in as many laps.

"See ya next lap, mate!"

"Ha ha ha SHUDDUP!!"

phil_elvey
22nd May 2004, 12:27
:angry2: :angry2 :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2:

NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! You'll never guess what I'v just read on the manfield website:
http://www.manfeild.co.nz/news_article.asp?ArticleID=240&return=index&page=1
Check it out for yourself, its pretty shattering!!!

WT and others, I'm feeling what your feeling :angry2:

White trash
22nd May 2004, 12:47
Someone's going to pay!

I cannot type the explanitives I'm feeling right now, it's like a death in the family.

Fuck it. I'm moving to Auckland.

FROSTY
22nd May 2004, 12:55
hang on a minute guys --dont just winge about it --contact them.
tell them how many bike guys are going to attend and suggest making it a bike/car day. maybee offer a scrutineer for all bikes on the track -so if the bike aint up to scratch --tough cookies no ride.
ditto the riding gear--so treat it like an acu aproved event.
To add weight -find out who the clerk of corse is who runs the local events--see if a real scrutiner can be there

White trash
22nd May 2004, 13:04
hang on a minute guys --dont just winge about it --contact them.
tell them how many bike guys are going to attend and suggest making it a bike/car day. maybee offer a scrutineer for all bikes on the track -so if

Quick thinking, xjxjxj.

Done! We'll se where it goes.

On another note, if I hire Taupo for a day (Weekdays only) who'll put their hand up to attend?

White trash
22nd May 2004, 13:06
Everyone who wishes to ride on the track, e-mail.

info@manfeild.co.nz

Tell them you wish bikes to be able to take part in the sprints.

FROSTY
22nd May 2004, 14:13
my hands up for a day ride at taupo

wkid_one
22nd May 2004, 14:45
Only a matter of time given the recent focus in sport event accidents

Marknz
22nd May 2004, 15:12
Faaaaaaaaaaaarcckkk!! :argh:

That's just gone and ruined my whole bloody weekend... might as well sell the Gixxer and buy one for the road that will only do 100kph max, and a shitbox to do Clubman racing on.

What happened to the days when they just took your money and made you sign a disclaimer to say any injury or damage to you or the bike is not the responsibility of the organisers

Only positive here is that Phil found the link for us before we all trumped up on Sunday.... good on ya Phil.

What would Taupo be like for the Gixxer thou? I'm guessing it'd be a bit too small to have any real fun on it, but then I've never seen the track.

MD
22nd May 2004, 15:12
Unbelievable. Cancelling an event with just a week's notice.I'm gutted.
Please everyone send them a POLITE email asking nicely to let us play in their sandpit.
Bloody idiots in cars have ruined it with their packing 4 or 5 bods into one car , all smoking and hanging out the windows. The organisers let it turn into a shambles last year now they have over reacted and stuffed us all.
Who knows anything about the Vic. M/c day on Saturday. Is that worth going to? Usually only short track and dearer.
MD

FROSTY
22nd May 2004, 15:39

That's just gone and ruined my whole bloody weekend... might as well sell the Gixxer and buy one for the road that will only do 100kph max, and a shitbox to do Clubman racing on.

What happened to the days when they just took your money and made you sign a disclaimer to say any injury or damage to you or the bike is not the responsibility of the organisers

Only positive here is that Phil found the link for us before we all trumped up on Sunday.... good on ya Phil.

What would Taupo be like for the Gixxer thou? I'm guessing it'd be a bit too small to have any real fun on it, but then I've never seen the track.
Ive goit coverage of the f1 racing at taupo and yep the 1000 diddnt have huge advantages there for sure

LB
22nd May 2004, 16:06
As far as I'm aware, to enter the Vic Club races on the 29th, you have to have a racing licence (even for Clubmans). Someone else may be able to verify this, but I'm farily certain.

You definitely have to have your race entry postmarked no later than the 22nd of May - which is today (Saturday). this is because they use transponders to time you electronically, and Tim etc need a week to programme the transponders.

What a bummer re the open day......

Marknz - still happy to swap leathers with you....... :D

LB
22nd May 2004, 16:08
Taupo is pretty small and tight for big bikes, but by all means give it a go (though not sure what the story is for entries for the 5th June)

Marknz
22nd May 2004, 18:45
no no no, no plans to race the gixxer, but was considering doing a track day at Taupo as WT suggested. I'll have to look seriously for a clubman bike now though if this 'lockout' for road bikes at Manfield is permanent.

Looks like we've missed our chance to swap leathers though Lynda... the rest of the lads will be happy with that.

But I'll still be heading up to the racing on 29th as previously planned. Maybe we should start another thread soon with respect to meeting/travel arrangements?

Kickaha
22nd May 2004, 23:50
Someone's going to pay!

I cannot type the explanitives I'm feeling right now, it's like a death in the family.

Fuck it. I'm moving to Auckland.

Don't waste your time,Pukekohe's a shit hole,come South and see some real race tracks for a change! $45 for a 1/2 day hire Tuesdays and Fridays.

LB
23rd May 2004, 07:33
So I guess you and Kath will be pretty disappointed eh Merv?

Jimbo750, enjoy your trip to Bali.....please bring us back some warm weather and some sunshine.

LB
23rd May 2004, 07:37
Looks like we've missed our chance to swap leathers though Lynda... the rest of the lads will be happy with that.

But I'll still be heading up to the racing on 29th as previously planned. Maybe we should start another thread soon with respect to meeting/travel arrangements?
I'm devastated re the leather swap now not happening Marknz. You build a girl up only to drop her from a great height. Just as well I've got my Duc for consolation.

Will start up a thread re meeting/travel. Will wait till tonight in case we bump into you on our travels today (we're starting at 10.00am, not 8.30am.....) as we might have a chinwag about it to decide strategies.

WT: note the time - I slept in till almost 7am today. Had a late night last night with MatthewT/Bugsplat/Mangell6.

RiderInBlack
23rd May 2004, 08:12
Central Districts MC Touring Club held a Manfield Fun Day 2/1/2004. It was well run. Bikes were scrutineered, all glass had to be taped, there were medics available and marshells on the corners. You didn't need a race licience, but a bike licience of some sort was needed. Rides were put into speed catagories (slow, medium, fast and racing). Slow and medium were set by a pace bike. The organisers let a rider know if they felt that the rider needed to go into a faster catagory. Riders were warned if they behaved irrasponcibly and band if they continued.

As I said it was well run. Eveybody enjoyed the day (I was stoked, as it was my first time on a track) and only cost $40 for the day. I've have been a bit disappionted that Puke Bike Only Days have not been up to this level (hence why I started this Thread http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=2773 as I feel that it was a matter of time before this happened to Puke). I would be very disappointed (read as serveerly fu*ked off) if Bike Only Days as well run as CDMCTC @ Manfield were no longer be able to be run.

PS: the contact phone no. in the Motorcycle Trader for the CDMCTC Manfield Fun day was Bruce 021 432672. It would be interesting to see how their club feels about the Manfield ruling.

I have also put this in the other Manfield thread http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=3098

Deano
23rd May 2004, 10:44
If this decision is final, then we may have to resort to taking the odd Friday off and go up to the test days instead. Could organise a good turnout through this forum ?

Cycosis and I went to a test day once, and were the only bikes there. There was a V8 (Century Batteries trans am I think) and about 4 open wheelers there that day.

We had plenty of track time but a bit boring when only two of us on the track.

I just e-mailed Manfeild to express my disappointment and asked for further info on reconsidering the decision.

Let's all e-mail them and let them know (politely) how we feel.

festus
25th May 2004, 16:07
I'm pissed off too! :angry: ,
Was looking forward to meeting some of the gang!. Everybody who can, send an email to these clowns!, why should the motorcycle fraternity suffer!.
Just put my bike back together, after 4 months ($$$) and was inching to test her!.

festus
26th May 2004, 08:46
Those that sent the email good on ya, we may get somewhere if we persue this matter..........below is the reply from Manfeild management.......

Hello to you all and thank you for your emails regarding the re-structured Public Open Days, now known as Manfeild Open ClubSport Days.

Firstly, the decision to re-structure these days was not an easy one, and as stated it did come about because of safety issues. If a major accident occurred, especially if fatal, we the organisers and owners of the circuit would face legal charges. Under the ClubSport rules a permit will be issued from Motorsport New Zealand, and the day would run under the ClubSport Rules in the Motorsport manual, but this only covers cars not motorcycles. So we will be pursuing Motorcycling New Zealand on this issue as it is our endeavour to incorporate motorcycles in the new look Manfeild ClubSsport Days.

We value your custom, and very much enjoy having you here at Manfeild, so please bear with us as we work through the behind the scenes paperwork.

Many thanks
Stephanie Carr

Manfeild Promotions[/FONT]