PDA

View Full Version : Indoor carting evening--auckland

FROSTY
27th April 2004, 20:28
Indoor Karting Is happening .
Location is Auckland Raceway .-Henderson
Date is 20th of May
Racing starts at 8.00pm -sighn in no later than 7.50--give me time to organise the teams

TO FIND THE PLACE.
From Central Auckland take the Lincoln road offramp from norwestern motorway.Turn right. GO BACK OVER THE MOTORWAY then right again. into THE CONCOURSE . From further west take the lincoln road off ramp and turn right then right again straight away --- Drive to the very end of the concourse and the track is straight in front of you.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
THE TRACK
NOT your typical foot to the boards kart track
This one you actually have to drive well
The full indoor /outdoor circuit has 19 corners and takes the fast guys 47 seconds to get round.
If its wet -we'll use the indoor circuit only -which has 10 corners
It takes just over 34 seconds to get round.
__________________________________________________ _____________
The format and cost
That will depend on how many decide to come along.

8-10 turning up will be a 5 race sprint event and will cost $45.00 each
The way it works is you get a practice in the cart you will race in the first race
Youll get to drive 5 different carts so no excuses.for poor cart performance
10-20 will be 2 x40 lap relay races and will cost $45 each
with this format each member of the team gets a practice session with the cart and you can swap carts during practice .
20-40 people we'll have teams of 3 or 4 and probably make it 50 lap races.
Cost will reduce depending on how many turn up.
GEAR TO BRING/USE
bring your own lid - the track has lids but they have been worn by every man and his dog.
I suggest either road race boots-(thin sole) or sandshoes.-No open toed shoes are allowed . and heavy boots never seem to work well
Gloves are up to you
If you plan on heading out somewhere afterwards Id suggest a change of shirt cos ya get pretty grubby.

Two Smoker
27th April 2004, 20:30
Im keen :niceone: im much quicker on 4 wheels than i am with 2 , hehehe what date and time???

Milky
27th April 2004, 20:39
I am real keen but helluva poor... Date and time again plz. PT is also keen, again depends on date/time

FROSTY
27th April 2004, 20:45
I was thinking a 8.00 start --ok it will cost about $40 each if its a sprint race -5 races 10 carts. Itll depend on how many sighn up if its a relay race
more drivers means less cost --

Two Smoker
27th April 2004, 20:47
I was thinking a 7.30 start --ok it will cost about $40 each if its a sprint race -5 races 10 carts. Itll depend on how many sighn up if its a relay race
more drivers means less cost --
YES FINALLY SOMETHING I CAN ATTEND:Punk: , im in no matter what the cost :niceone:

MadDuck
27th April 2004, 20:48
ooohhh yeah me be up for it!

FROSTY
27th April 2004, 20:54
ok -weekend or weeknight folks?? Monday night is the best---the carts have usually just been serviced

Two Smoker
27th April 2004, 20:57
ok -weekend or weeknight folks?? Monday night is the best---the carts have usually just been servicedStill keen as :niceone: not fussed myself..... hmmmmmm i know what will end up happening after the carting in the carpark tho :whistle:

FROSTY
27th April 2004, 21:02
yep Ive seen it happen heaps lol

FROSTY
27th April 2004, 23:05
Ok talked to the owner -we could have the racing and a barbie afterwards
bit of a feed after the racing

Shawn
28th April 2004, 01:03
ok...i wanna come but never did this before...so what happenes in this thing and where?... :baby:

SPman
28th April 2004, 07:37
I'm in........

FROSTY
28th April 2004, 08:58
ok Ill get it organised and post it as an event.

FROSTY
28th April 2004, 15:54
thursday 20th of may 8.00pm Auckland raceway --the concourse henderson

Two Smoker
28th April 2004, 18:03
Count me in definately...... hopefully my bike will be ready so i can take that there than my cage..... So thats 5 people in so far.... how many people to go????

Posh Tourer :P
28th April 2004, 19:51
yep i'm in

FROSTY
28th April 2004, 20:20
iIts me x2 --im bringing a mate along

wkid_one
28th April 2004, 21:41
Grrrrr @ Karting - it favours the lithe of physique......

You could also consider putting a KB Team in to the weekly Grand Prix races they run as well. Better Value for money - and I don't think you would have any problems scratching a team together

Two Smoker
29th April 2004, 15:38
So there is the following going so far?

XJXJXJ
Me (Two Smoker)
PT
Milky
MadDuck
Speed Demon
SPMan

Thats seven, how many do we need????

Drunken Monkey
29th April 2004, 15:47
So there is the following going so far?

XJXJXJ
Me (Two Smoker)
PT
Milky
MadDuck
Speed Demon
SPMan

Thats seven, how many do we need????

Book me and Death'n'Taxes tentatively - we will confirm in a few days.
Karting as single racers is best with around 6. In team racing, obivously you'd want 12 or more...

Grumpy
30th April 2004, 21:38
I'm in x 2. :niceone:

Yamahamaman
30th April 2004, 22:43
wendsday 13/5/04 8.00pm Auckland raceway --the concourse henderson
Ill post it as an event --all welcolm --aprox cost $40 each for about 1.5 hours track time--bring your road or offroad lid -they have lids there but every man and his dog has worn em
Does it matter that the 13th of May is a THURSDAY? :Oops:

Grumpy
3rd May 2004, 16:13
Does it matter that the 13th of May is a THURSDAY? :Oops:
Bugger. Sorry but I'm not in x 2. I head back to Napier on Thursdays :disapint:

Two Smoker
3rd May 2004, 17:27
Hey XJ is it the 13th or the 20th of May????

SPman
3rd May 2004, 17:33
Hey XJ is it the 13th or the 20th of May???? Or wed. the 12th?

Big Dog
3rd May 2004, 17:34

Depends how good/willing you are to drift. If you don't ming getting a bit loose you have a major advantage after the first lap until you next come to a stand still as you drift around corners (gotta love low centre of gravity) with your foot still flat to the floor no brakes even on the hair pin. Using this tactic I was a lap down before I finished my first lap. But by the end of the 15 lap race I was 5 ahead at the indoor carts in inglewood vs the 10 other truckdrivers on my course. My best laps were straight after they put down talcum powder (kind of like deisel on tar).

If you watch the pro carting the the anorexics always romp ahead at the start but get dealt to on the longer races.

FROSTY
3rd May 2004, 17:34
20th ---it was a conflict with another event--coulda ended up bein like an 8.30 start so i shifted it to the 20th

FROSTY
3rd May 2004, 17:39
Depends how good/willing you are to drift. If you don't ming getting a bit loose you have a major advantage after the first lap until you next come to a stand still as you drift around corners (gotta love low centre of gravity) with your foot still flat to the floor no brakes even on the hair pin. Using this tactic I was a lap down before I finished my first lap. But by the end of the 15 lap race I was 5 ahead at the indoor carts in inglewood vs the 10 other truckdrivers on my course. My best laps were straight after they put down talcum powder (kind of like deisel on tar).

If you watch the pro carting the the anorexics always romp ahead at the start but get dealt to on the longer races.
well come on out and show us how its done :rockon:
this track is pretty good cos it takes some thinking out
last race series i ran there (6 ROUNDS OF 5 RACES EACH ROUND)
The guy that won it was - :sly: um to put it politely a little overweight.
Consistancy is the secret--ohh and avoiding xjxjxj also helps heaps
aparently I tend to go through carts if I cant go round em--OOPS ly: :thud:

Big Dog
3rd May 2004, 19:32
well come on out and show us how its done :rockon:
In case you did not notice I did say it was Learner truck drivers :baby:

If I can I will definately make it.. More interested in getting it sideways than going fast though.... :Punk:

MadDuck
3rd May 2004, 21:52
Me still keen. Us gals are known for our consistency :buggerd: as for avoiding xjxjxj...well that is another issue

I see Spman posted details on coming from the city. Anyone shed light on best route from the north? via Greenhithe I am guessing

Two Smoker
3rd May 2004, 22:17
In case you did not notice I did say it was Learner truck drivers :baby:

If I can I will definately make it.. More interested in getting it sideways than going fast though.... :Punk:
Hell yes.... go-karts are very driftamatic, howabout we do a race hardout:cool: , and then a fun race hehehe :sly: aslong as there is a few haipins for some good drift action hehehe

SPman
3rd May 2004, 22:53
I just pasted xj's first post to the events calendar.
For you, Greenhithe way is easiest and off at Lincoln Rd.

FROSTY
3rd May 2004, 22:58
Confirmed entrys as of now are
xjxjxj--x2
posh tourer
two smoker
drunken monkey
Milky
Madduck
Big B
SP man
Speed demon -x2
there are one or two still kicking around deciding so it looks like its gonna be a good evening

FROSTY
4th May 2004, 00:28

You could also consider putting a KB Team in to the weekly Grand Prix races they run as well. Better Value for money - and I don't think you would have any problems scratching a team together
Good idea dude--except thats at the silverdale track
And hey like i said light weight doesnt make up for experienced driveing and cunning

FROSTY
4th May 2004, 00:31
Me still keen. Us gals are known for our consistency :buggerd: as for avoiding xjxjxj...well that is another issue

I see Spman posted details on coming from the city. Anyone shed light on best route from the north? via Greenhithe I am guessing
greenhyth onto norwest motorway then take lincoln road offramp
dont worry --Ill be the slow guy out there getting lapped by all the fast guys

Shawn
4th May 2004, 01:31
hey im coming with my mate...so that's 2..cheers..

FROSTY
4th May 2004, 08:52
ok sd --ill add ya to the list above :whistle:

FROSTY
5th May 2004, 19:00
ok so who else is in for a fun night ?

MadDuck
5th May 2004, 20:28
ok so who else is in for a fun night ?

Come you Auckland gals lets show them we do fast too...dont let me the only one there again! Ummmm not that I mind tooo much :sweatdrop

pete376403
5th May 2004, 20:36
Hell yes.... go-karts are very driftamatic, howabout we do a race hardout:cool: , and then a fun race hehehe :sly: aslong as there is a few haipins for some good drift action hehehe

You like sideways? go here http://www.nurburgring.de/event.php3?event=000101_v&id=7 and watch the Gixxerkart video

Wonko
5th May 2004, 23:25
Count me in as a denfinte maybe, I'll be in the middle of pack to move that weekend, but should be there

Kwaka-Kid
6th May 2004, 05:56
sweet guys! only jsut cought this, will check to see if im free... hopefully so! :)

FROSTY
6th May 2004, 22:25
give me as much warning as ya can KK -Im organising numbers

Two Smoker
6th May 2004, 22:40
It will be awesome if you can make it KK, make up for my absence on the track day :( . Currently downloading the Gixxerkart movie pete, looks fucking mean, just like the rotary gokart i saw a video off (it did 7 second 1/4 miles)

FROSTY
7th May 2004, 10:55
never mind dude--maybee next time

FROSTY
7th May 2004, 16:09
roll up roll up-- :rockon: we want a few more guys who wanna show us how to go fast :bleh:

Two Smoker
7th May 2004, 16:13
roll up roll up-- :rockon: we want a few more guys who wanna show us how to go fast :bleh:
Hey XJ what time will it be on the 20th???? because my dad might come along :niceone:

FROSTY
7th May 2004, 16:16
Hey XJ what time will it be on the 20th???? because my dad might come along :niceone:
holey shite cant ya bloody read :crazy:
Kidding kidding--Raccing starts 8.00pm sharp so I really want everyone there at 7.45 for drivers brief and teams N stuff

Kwaka-Kid
7th May 2004, 16:18
Oahh Crap? you want fast guys? Well ill come make the fast look faster at least! Does it matter if we dont know how to drive? :S

Two Smoker
7th May 2004, 16:34
Oahh Crap? you want fast guys? Well ill come make the fast look faster at least! Does it matter if we dont know how to drive? :S
Amazing, will it be true, me little old two smoker "TEACHING" the great KK something hehehe...... Bah ill find out how good i am on the track on the 20th, My dad can't make it then so he's out, but might pop along during racing....

FROSTY
7th May 2004, 16:39
Ill fit an L plate to ya car :Punk:

El Dopa
7th May 2004, 23:22
Just realised this is the 20th.

Count me in.

NhuanH
8th May 2004, 07:50
i'm comin' down too! ;)

FROSTY
8th May 2004, 10:02
2 more ---waaay cool :banana: :rockon:

Milky
8th May 2004, 12:34
This event is looking better and better :) I just hope that KK gets some clarification on what YELLOW FLAGS mean.... not like last time :msn-wink:

Two Smoker
8th May 2004, 12:42
This event is looking better and better :) I just hope that KK gets some clarification on what YELLOW FLAGS mean.... not like last time :msn-wink:
And im sure with me, black flags mean, go faster.....hehehe

FROSTY
8th May 2004, 13:04
guys --as long as you realise --you have to FOLLOW me to the chequred flag is all good

Kwaka-Kid
8th May 2004, 15:33
Milky Brah, Yellow Flag dont mean nothing! You know i won that race fair and square! Plus waht are you talking about? i cant even drive properly, and yeah never have before!

Two Smoker
8th May 2004, 15:49
guys --as long as you realise --you have to FOLLOW me to the chequred flag is all good
Yea ill be following you to the checkered flag............. after i have lapped you a couple of times hehehehe:killingme

FROSTY
8th May 2004, 16:16
brother theree is an old saying--almost as oldd as me lol
When the flag drops the bullshit stops :blah:
ouhh and one rule---No :baby: spitting
nahh seriously Im as slow as a wet week -I just wanna have fun :moon:

Two Smoker
8th May 2004, 16:38
brother theree is an old saying--almost as oldd as me lol
When the flag drops the bullshit stops :blah:
ouhh and one rule---No :baby: spitting
nahh seriously Im as slow as a wet week -I just wanna have fun :moon:
Definately, im not saying im good until i have the proof of it..... (ie if i do well on the 20th....)

Ohhhhhh no spitting..... *joking* hehehe hhhhmmmmm any other rules???? Oh yes YOU MUST HAVE A GOOD TIME :angry2: !!!!!!!!!

FROSTY
8th May 2004, 20:17
oops --nope I meant no dummy spitting

9th May 2004, 08:23
Ohhhhhh no spitting..... *joking* hehehe hhhhmmmmm any other rules???? Oh yes YOU MUST HAVE A GOOD TIME :angry2: !!!!!!!!!
Yeah that was one of the rules in a soccer tournament I played in : All players must have maximum fun! We considered complaining that we weren't having maximum fun because we were losing.....
Lesson? Never put in a rule like that cos you'll get a smart ass like me complaining :bleh: :lol:

Kwaka-Kid
9th May 2004, 08:24
haha i have a good time no matter where i am! Sounds like ill have confirmation on if my dad can come today, and hopefully my brother, at least that way i got some on the track with blood as slow as mine which means i might beat somebody (hah and the fact that i got a good 20kg's on my father i bet could help!)

FROSTY
10th May 2004, 08:00
let me know KK

FROSTY
11th May 2004, 21:04
Well guys its gonna be a great night for the racers for sure

FROSTY
13th May 2004, 03:01
hmm now all we need is some cute pits bunnys--um er pits persons

13th May 2004, 07:58
Bring all those bunny ears sets of yours and stick them on ppl who turn up late :lol:

FROSTY
13th May 2004, 22:53
nahh --Ill just make sure they have slooooow karts lol

Motoracer
13th May 2004, 22:55
Count this nana in on the fun as well xjxjxj. My bro Slob will be comming as well.

FROSTY
13th May 2004, 22:59
good onya dude --the more the merrier

Motoracer
13th May 2004, 23:03
Hey KK, does this mean we can finally race against each other? Even if it is on 4 wheels :p

FROSTY
15th May 2004, 00:55
sounds like a challenge guys :gob:

Milky
15th May 2004, 10:33
I just found out i have an exam for dynamics that evening so i will be fashionably late... definitely not there by 7.45 :pinch: , but i will be there all the same

Two Smoker
15th May 2004, 17:51
I just found out i have an exam for dynamics that evening so i will be fashionably late... definitely not there by 7.45 :pinch: , but i will be there all the same
Come on Milky, the ZXR400 will be registered by then, and you can do a test :msn-wink: ive heard they are good for 220kmh :whistle: 15 mins to get from town to Lincoln Road........ No worries

FROSTY
15th May 2004, 19:09
but of course you will be riding at the speed limit all the way

Kwaka-Kid
16th May 2004, 12:49
which would actually only take 10mins :), from town you jsut jump to pitt st and onto the northweswtern and boom, only 10mins, but if you was going fast it would take 5mins :D

FROSTY
16th May 2004, 14:32
Youre just too PC KK

FROSTY
17th May 2004, 09:05
ok guys N gals --its THIS thursday --so come along and have a blast

Gixxer
17th May 2004, 10:38
Just saw this, so I jumped on the phone and asked the powers that be if could come, and she said yes.

So will see you all there.

Motu
18th May 2004, 14:40
How many can come? I asked one of my daughters if she wanted to go cart racing...but I was overheard,now everyone wants to come along.They all love to see me make a fool of myself.

FROSTY
18th May 2004, 15:05
as many as want to motu. Ill do a tally up but it looks for sure being a teams event -20 people will mean 10 carts 2 people per cart.30 people means 3 per cart--Im gonna suck it and see on the night

Big Dog
18th May 2004, 17:51
Doh. Gonna have to be a spectator if I make it at all. Need new front tyre.

FROSTY
18th May 2004, 20:02
ok last count I had 16 confirmed --so room for more

FROSTY
19th May 2004, 09:31
could all the folks DEFINITELY COMING tomorrow please PM me :ar15:

FROSTY
19th May 2004, 12:57
ok 3 so far --comeon you guys --I need to confirm the format for tomorrow nite

RiderInBlack
19th May 2004, 13:57
Sorry XJXJXJ, it's very weather depend for me. So far no horsey people have rung to book shoeings tomorrow, so I'm planning to go for a ride your way tomorrow if the weather is good and hook-up with the carting while I'm down there. But won't bother if the weather is showery like today.

FROSTY
20th May 2004, 15:30
Ok guys --who else is a definite??

FROSTY
20th May 2004, 15:37
I can be contacted on 021544251 or 8322557 if ya want help finding the place-- Ohh the track is slippery but plenty fast--um sub 48 second laps should be possible.
and we are racing the full track--19 corners to get round