PDA

View Full Version : new busa

WINJA
13th April 2006, 20:09
looks like this will be the replacement . 6 cylinder ,1100cc and slightly more power than the current busa

Skyryder
13th April 2006, 20:15
Is that for real? Just made for stoppies.

Skyryder

Coyote
13th April 2006, 20:18
That would sound awesome :yes:

WINJA
13th April 2006, 20:41
i wonder why suzuki went for the 1100/6 format opposed to the 1400/4 optopn of the kawasaki.
maybe that 1100/6 has real tuning potential , bet it will sound great.

MidnightMike
13th April 2006, 20:47
Will sound good but looks budget, i could stick a pencil up my ass and draw one that looks better than that :crazy:

WINJA
13th April 2006, 20:53
Will sound good but looks budget, i could stick a pencil up my ass and draw one that looks better than that :crazy:
DONT BE A CUNT , YOU TRY DRAWING A DECENT LOOKING BIKE IF YOU HAD THOSE SQUINTY EYES

myvice
13th April 2006, 20:53
Under the new GP rules how big would a twin have to be to match it?

pritch
13th April 2006, 21:40
Now I'm undecided, do I get the 6 cyl Beemuki as pictured (look at that front suspension) or do I wait for the V5 Blackbird replacement?

Hmmmm. Meantime I'll have another vinho tinto.

Cheers :drinkup:

riffer
13th April 2006, 21:43
Bah. Sixes are too smooth. Go the V5 anyday.

And I ride a Suzuki.

Lazy7
13th April 2006, 22:16
well - with a 6 cyclinder you can spread the displacement across smaller/lighter reciprocating parts. means it will rev higher and have a smoother delivery of power.

the power also will be spread acroos 6 rods rather than 4 so it will be better able to handle more torque.

will be an interesting bike. its going to be a V configuration i guess. straight six side ways would be a bit of a squeez.

riffer
13th April 2006, 22:29
Not necessarily so. The CBX1100 was only a couple of centimetres wider than the CB750. But boy it didn't look it. That was a mean looking motor.

I just think the V5 sound is cooler. :bleh:

WINJA
13th April 2006, 22:32
maybe that 6 advantage over a 4 would be like the 4 advantage over a twin , maybe suzuki put all their effort into this bike rather than their moto gp bike cause that sure is a steaming pileoshit

Madness
13th April 2006, 22:45
Just think where this could lead in terms of the competition...... 8 cylinder litre bikes???

Biff
14th April 2006, 00:59
Just think where this could lead in terms of the competition...... 8 cylinder litre bikes???

A new Honda V5 is rumoured to be due any minute now. Possibly a cross between and replacment for the VFR and the Blackbird. Sort of. Maybe.

Woohooo - a new era of super sports tourers.

:not:

loosebruce
14th April 2006, 01:14
Honda's been talking shit about a V5 for friken ages, hopeflly they hurry up and get it out, Ducati have also been talking shit about a making a desmodiecicieiiici something like that, big bore V4 in a road bike.

That new busa, how far from the actual bike it will be looks different, not too sure on the rear tail, like the fornt of the bike is bulk and the back there is nothing there, like it's missing fairings, and not a big fan of the pillion pegs extending from the rear sets, clutters things up, but the 6 cly 1100 sounds like the go, they brought out the 6 in that concept thingee the Startosphere, kinda a morden day Katana (i reckoned it looked cool), Suzuki reckons the 6 is only slightly wider than the current GSXR1000 donk, which might make for a smaller more nimble hypersport bike to dispatch of those pesky ZX14's in the twisty's with ease..

DEATH_INC.
14th April 2006, 08:59
Also with a 6 you have a shorter stroke and smaller lighter valves, so you can make the engine shorter (height) and either sit it a little higher in the frame for ground clearance, or make the bike lower.....and think of the rpm potential with a 6 :banana:

Lazy7
14th April 2006, 10:06
more valves per litre with a 6 too. better volumetric efficieny.

its all sounding pretty good.

Scouse
14th April 2006, 10:17
More cylenders = less torque = a crap ride

WINJA
14th April 2006, 10:50
More cylenders = less torque = a crap ride
I THINK THE GIXXER 1000 HAS MORE TORQUE THAN A TL 1000

onearmedbandit
14th April 2006, 11:43
Ahhh, he rides a triple.

Timber020
14th April 2006, 22:12
Over that kinda cc I would think a 6 would be great. So smooth....

pritch
14th April 2006, 22:13
The late (ish) arrival of the replacement for the Blackbird was reported in BIKE
magazine as possibly being due to the bike not being signed off by the international testing team.

They didn't speculate as to what the nature of the problem was.

The Stranger
14th April 2006, 22:25
i wonder why suzuki went for the 1100/6 format opposed to the 1400/4 optopn of the kawasaki.
maybe that 1100/6 has real tuning potential , bet it will sound great.

Numerous 6 cylinder car engines of small capacity have been produced.
Have any of these been successful?
They tend to be heavier, obviously have more moving parts and more expensive to run but don't recall any standout examples.

Ixion
14th April 2006, 22:44

Meh. 8 cylinders is for 500cc. Look at the Benelli. Litre bikes would need to be H16s to lift the bar.

Ixion
14th April 2006, 22:47
They tend to be heavier, obviously have more moving parts and more expensive to run but don't recall any standout examples.

Well, 1100cc 6 cyl equates to 750cc 4 cylinder roughly. Never heard anyone complaining that the GSXR750 had too many moving parts , was heavier, and more expensive to run than a 750 twin or triple. Except me, of course, but I say that about all 4 strokes. All those stupid valves and cams and springs and stuff going round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and up and down and up and down and and and - bugger , where're the little blue pills.

WINJA
14th April 2006, 22:52
THE 1200HP SKYLINE WAS PRETTY FAST IN THIS VIDEO I SAW

Timber020
14th April 2006, 23:14
There are quite a few 2000cc 6's out there in V and straight configuration, many have been very good engines. I would think the main reasons for them not being more mainstream is the expense, extra materials and larger dimentions. The skyline straight 6 was so good other manufacturers (ie holden) used it in there lines of cars.