PDA

View Full Version : Lost glasses Lens, $35 Reward, North Shore onramp

pyrocam
15th April 2006, 09:16
The ahh on-ramp at the north end of albany I forget what its called, its the last set of ramps before silverdale. well I was cruising up there last night with the visor open, within about 200m after being able to change lanes I did and when I shoulder checked I lost vision in my left eye, turns out one of the lenses in my glasses fell out.

I had a quick look but it was dark so couldnt find it. I'ts strengthend glass so should withstand being run over ok.

anyway if you find it I will give you $35 cash or a $50 whitcolls voucher on pickup or delivery.

Wasp
15th April 2006, 10:13
If this is glasses not sun glasses i'd expect it to be fucked, mine cost around $50 a lense but i get the cheap plastic shit.

Another reason why i wear contact lenses when i ride.

Bad luck mate

crashe
15th April 2006, 10:16
pyrocam - do a run up there today and have a scout around...

You do have a spare set of glasses thou don't you?

pyrocam
15th April 2006, 10:20
If this is glasses not sun glasses i'd expect it to be fucked, mine cost around $50 a lense but i get the cheap plastic shit.

Another reason why i wear contact lenses when i ride.

Bad luck mate

I agree wholeheartly. unfortuantly my mate, she put too much clorine in the spa so I had to take them out after a while (and put them back in on the side of the motorway with very clorinated fingiees

and yeah glasses not sun glasses, mine cost about $350 (exl frame) I think and I cant afford to replace them (hence reward)

pyrocam
15th April 2006, 11:08
pyrocam - do a run up there today and have a scout around...

You do have a spare set of glasses thou don't you?
no i dont have a spare set

I havent had a scope myself yet, let some other people look as I have some stuff to do today

onearmedbandit
15th April 2006, 11:47
Today today?

boomer
15th April 2006, 12:45
Do you reckon someones gonna stop on the off ramp and go lucking for ya lense?? :drinknsin

Bad luck mate

pyrocam
15th April 2006, 17:38
Do you reckon someones gonna stop on the off ramp and go lucking for ya lense?? :drinknsin

Bad luck mate
for $35 maybe, you know those shore kids. do crazy things.

well too late anyway. I went over and stopped about 2m from where the offramp touches the motorway. found it in 5 minutes (about a metre infront of my bike)

woulda been easy money.

thanks anyway guys!

Patrick
15th April 2006, 17:51
Ha ha...well done...lucky you could see enough to find it...was gonna be up there on Tuesday so was actually gonna take a look (for beer monies...). Bugger... missed out!

sunhuntin
15th April 2006, 19:37
good to hear your found the lens....still usable im guessing? might have some scratches on it though.

pyrocam
15th April 2006, 19:41
good to hear your found the lens....still usable im guessing? might have some scratches on it though.
not a scratch!
cheers bud

(edit actually a .7mm chip on the edge that i'd never notice anyway)

sunhuntin
15th April 2006, 21:40
awesome stuff...amazing! must be strong to last on a ramp for that long with almost no damage. well done!:sherlock: