PDA

View Full Version : An Easter resurrection story. Well, sorta.

El Dopa
15th April 2006, 16:12
And so it came to pass, that on the second day, he didst rise up, and think 'lets have a crack at getting that POS running, for verily I have made the pilgrimage to West Auskland to visit the wise guru they call Frosty, and I have given my carbs a right good blow through in his gargre, and further I say to thee, I have visited the oracle of KB, and received therein sage words of wisdom'.

And so he didst hasten unto his carport, and didst smite at the aforesaid POS with spanner, socket wrench and screwdriver, until the air was blue and all around him were sore afraid.

And having refitted the carbs, and the tank, and having all manner of leftover nuts and bolts of whose purpose he was not quite sure, he didst addeth fresh and full fragrant essence to the tank, and didst crank the bitch over.

And bugger me if the engine didst not catch of both cylinders, and run full well. And yea verily brothers and sisters, I say unto thee that there was much rejoicing and dancing in the carport, with hosannas to the highest heavens.

And he didst think, 'I'll leave it running for a while, to get it warmed up and blow out the cobwebs, as it were'.

And after a couple of minutes, with much alarm and filling of the pants, he didst notice the issuing of a noxious white cloud from the exhaust, and at the same time he didst notice that the revs were increasing much greatly, without the laying on of hands upon the throttle.

And he didst run and shut her off right quick.

And having removed the plugs, and spun the starter, he noticed a fluid of great viscosity was flung thereforth from the cylinders, and he didst think 'uh, that does not look good at all, it appears that there is oil getting into the cylinders. I shall get myself to KB right quick, and telleth a story that I hope will amuse, and start a new thread in tuning and tweaking, and hope not to call forth the wrath of the mods, and seek therein the opinions of the wise as to the shaggedness of mine engine, and a solution, if any be forthcoming.'

And so he didst post up the full story here so as to seeketh the wisdom of KB:

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?p=578888#post578888