PDA

View Full Version : DOH...dropped it in the driveway...standing still

Brett
15th April 2006, 19:05
As topic says, dropped my bike...in the driveway while putting it away. I had just had the frint re-sprayed to repair some cracks and stone chips. Made a nice new crack under the indicator.

Just needed to vent this out of frustration, no one here at home seems to think it matters.

Dont_die_wondering
15th April 2006, 19:08
atleast you wont do that again in a hurry lol

Brett
15th April 2006, 19:16
yeah and all cause i wanted to keep it dry from the rain!

Kendog
15th April 2006, 19:19
I can sympathise, it sucks ass aye! It's always when it's looking it's best too aye, bloody things.:mellow:

Brett
15th April 2006, 19:26
yeah i had tidied it up all fresh so that i could sell it in a couple of months and get a zx6r or gsxr750. Hope it hasn't lost tooo much value.

sunhuntin
15th April 2006, 21:56
bugger....ive done that once or twice....first in a parking lot, i forgot to hold on and she dropped away from me....second getting off to open the gate, she was still in first and lept out when i released the clutch. lucky she landed on me and did no damage but still a little petrol from the choke.

best of luck with the sale!!

Racey Rider
15th April 2006, 22:16
We feel your pain chap.

Dropped my VF750 on it's side once when still trying to get the hang of getting it up on it's centre stand on a sloping road. Felt like life was over at the time.

Only one thing to do...
get out there and thrash the pants off it on tomorrows ride. That'll fix it! :msn-wink:

Fishy
16th April 2006, 09:35
Shit like that sucks eh mate. I was pumping up my front tyre at the gassie one day on my old blade and the thing fell over on its side...it landed on a curb too. Luckily for me it only broke an indicator.

GR81
16th April 2006, 09:56
been there... done that.. sucks the big one :(

terbang
16th April 2006, 10:54
Had 5 bikes in my garage and, when I was overseas, my missus knocked one over (260 KG 1100) and you guessed it 3 went down..Absolute carnage..

oldrider
16th April 2006, 11:24
As topic says, dropped my bike...in the driveway while putting it away. I had just had the frint re-sprayed to repair some cracks and stone chips. Made a nice new crack under the indicator.

Just needed to vent this out of frustration, no one here at home seems to think it matters.

That happens more often than people admit.
I knew of a fellow who was killed with one of those incidents!
He overbalanced and the bike got too far over for him to manage and when he fell he hit his head on a little pipe sticking out of the concrete for his garage door bolt.
Stone dead instantly!
Hows that for bad luck! :spudwhat:
Hasn't happened to me yet but I have had a lot of :shit: moments over the years.
You are just an honest dude! Cheers John.

Craig11
16th April 2006, 12:06
bugger....ive done that once or twice....first in a parking lot, i forgot to hold on and she dropped away from me....second getting off to open the gate, she was still in first and lept out when i released the clutch. lucky she landed on me and did no damage but still a little petrol from the choke.

best of luck with the sale!!

haha that one made me laugh. Had a close call like that in my driveway. :D

Leong
16th April 2006, 16:14
I sympathise too, and have done it before. Dropped my new SV650 into a hedge couple of weeks ago. Had stopped at a lunch bar near Taupo and parked close to a hedge. When I got on it to leave, lost my footing on the moss under the hedge, and fell in!!! Minor scratch on the pipe but that was all the damage.... BUT couldn't get it up myself, as the hedge was in the way. Lady in the diner came out to help... seems I wasn't the first to do this!! Still most embarassing!