PDA

View Full Version : The Great Spada Day Out

yungatart
16th April 2006, 10:46
Ducatilover and hXc have been pming each other planning the great Spada day out and as its a long weekend , they decided to go for it.
Ducatilover rode up to Napier yesterday and stayed at our place last night. They were up and ready to go at 8 am! Any of you who have teenagers know how hard it is to get them to surface before 11 when they don't have school!
They headed off to Taupo about 9 with Mstrs leading on the Gxxer. They plan to head down SH 1 turning off at Vinegar Hill then over to the Wairarapa. Mstrs will head back up Sh 2 to Hb while Ducatilover and hXc will head to Featherston to meet up with Rg 100. hXc will stay with Ducatilover and ride back to the Bay tomorrow. So if, in your travels, you see a couple of Spadas (one is red, the other metallic blue) and a Gxxer 1100, give them a friendly wave. If any of you want to meet up with them for part of the ride Pm me for cell nos.
Unfortunately I couldn't go with them this time - too many k's for an old lady who has a sore back!

MSTRS
16th April 2006, 17:56
Just got home. Good ride. Weather OK. No dramas. Most other bikers waved - made me feel special.:woohoo: Napier-Turangi-over the saddle to National Park-Waiouru-Vinegar Hill-Ashurst-Napier. About 600kms - my arse is sore.

James Deuce
16th April 2006, 18:55
Bugger! Saw this a little late!

Where's the report from Spada Boy himself?? Eh??? Where? :)

Coyote
16th April 2006, 19:05
Yeah... hxc and ducatilover were meant to meet RG100!!, Jay and I at Ivan's place in Featherston. Instead they went to Taupo and forgot about us

Another time then

hXc
17th April 2006, 17:06
Hey everyone,
I'm home after a big couple of days and about 750kms.

RIDE REPORT

Sunday:

After meeting Ducati Lover in Pakipaki on Saturday we head off at about 9am. Fill up in Bay View and off up to Taupo. Was a fair bit of traffic but good road, good ride, medium pace and only saw one cop who was mufti. Passed him at 140 and he didn't even flinch so not too worried.

Head to down to Turangi. Pretty boring, a bit of traffic but nothing exciting. Fill up and change tyre pressures.

Decided to head over National Park instead of Desert Rd. Was a good medium paced blat on a new road for me and D/L.

Stopped in Waioru(sp?) for lunch.

Turned off to go up Vinegar Hill to Fielding. Now the excitement starts! Any of you who get a chance to ride it, do it! It's a great road with a pretty good surface etc etc. Was a bit worried that we wouldn't make it. Ran on reserve for about 30kms. Got to Fielding and it was running on only the smell.

Filled up first thing and then went to the gorge via the back road (Bunnythorpe, Ashurst etc) then turned off to go up th Paihiatua track. Said goodbye to MSTRS who went through the gorge back to the bay, and then the SPADA's went up the mighty track.

God that was great! Love that road too! D/L is lucky to do it everyday *drool*.

Off the track and through Paihiatua to Eketahuna. Stopped at D/L's crash site on the Bros for a look-see and finally got to his house.

After 498.9kms we were ready for a coffee!

Today (Sunday):

Left D/L's place to go over to Palmy for a look at some music etc. I locked up the back wheel at a turn off that we nearly missed. That was fun but anyways.

Left Palmy and headed back up the track. Said goodbye as I turned off to go over Balance Bridge and headed our seperate ways for home.

I stopped in Dannevirke for fuel and a feed. Left there at 2.15 and got home at 3.20. Bloody good time if you ask me! Especially seeing as I have never ridden that road before.

Got home safe after almost 750kms and a sore arse. Bloody good weekend guys! Hope to do do something similar another time.

froggyfrenchman
17th April 2006, 17:19
hey, must have been Dukelover i saw on the side of the road in Paki paki on saturday. Was hauling through there on the gb with a 1200ss a ns400 and a gb500. Saw him and slowed down, gave him the thumbs up to check he was ok then took off again (only 5mins from the classic club at that point. mmmmm beer!)

ducatilover
17th April 2006, 17:39
yeah that was me froggyfrenchman:first:

that was a bloody good ride

we passed a mufti cop on the napeir-taupo road and MSTRS told us later haha i didnt even notice as i blasted the plonker into the side of the road.

i must say vinegar hill was very fun, i thought i was doing quite well through some nice twisties, sitting within my comfort zone:mellow: , and i check my mirrors and theres a bloody gsxr1100 right on me..... dammit MSTRS i was suprised.

i didnt know the road untill we got to the pahiatua track and i upped the pace a bit as i was comfortable to do so [see im sensible now....<_< ] but i was having trouble with my tires, which are shit in thier stickiest form. so no peg dragging for me..... and my balls are still to small to push the bike that far:shutup:

hXc rode bloody well and all up it was an awesome weekend. thanks hXc, MSTRS and youngathart. especially for the lamb for tea:Punk:

ducatilover
17th April 2006, 17:40
Yeah... hxc and ducatilover were meant to meet RG100!!, Jay and I at Ivan's place in Featherston. Instead they went to Taupo and forgot about us

Another time then
sorry about that, i thought 500k was far enough to ride on a small bike in one day:msn-wink:

froggyfrenchman
17th April 2006, 17:47
was gonna stop anyway... warn ya bout the locals in that little area...

ducatilover
17th April 2006, 17:52
the road upwards of dannevegas was crap! i had a tankslapper on the way up as i was following a big metal box [car or something] and nearly lost it:crybaby: that gave me a suprise and i was carefull they whole way up.

oh and i had to adjust my tire pressures as the bike was really unstable and the steering was all funky and twichy over the napeir-taupo race tra...i mean road:apint:

Coyote
17th April 2006, 18:34
sorry about that, i thought 500k was far enough to ride on a small bike in one day:msn-wink:
No problem. The RG consumed far less petrol than I imagined so I few more long rides might be in order :2thumbsup

Hitcher
17th April 2006, 19:09
What's the point of going to Napier if there's nobody there to greet you?

ducatilover
17th April 2006, 19:46
What's the point of going to Napier if there's nobody there to greet you?
for the :ride: ???????

MSTRS
18th April 2006, 09:16
the road upwards of dannevegas was crap!
We need to show you Highway 50.
What was this about an 1100 in your mirrors???

Sketchy_Racer
18th April 2006, 10:44
yeah dont sweat it guys.

Me Jay and Daniel (alarumba) had a mint day riding..... Except for a flat tire on my bike when we got to featherston...... Lucky ivans dad had a spare tube.

Me and Jay meet alarumba at the caltex station right before the takas. Then over the hill we went to ivans house in Featherston stayed there for a while to see if D/L and hXc were gonna make it.... Another time guys....

So I decided that i would stay at ivans house but... oh shit i still have dads cell phone he needs for the next day.... back to paraparaumu....yay.

Once i dropped off the phone i went to my brothers house to steal some fuel
and alarumba and I decided to swap bikes for the ride back to Piecock. I noticed that the big fairing on teh RG is much better on the open road than the small KR one.

Both the RG and KR are equall in speed and power.

over the hill to featherston, alarumba left us at the hutt to head home, while i tightened my handle bar which had rattled loose.... yay again

Then we came back on monday.

My clock had 554 kms over the two days.
Yes my arse is sore to.

MSTRS
18th April 2006, 10:48
Yes my arse is sore to.
Harden up, nancy-boy:whistle:

Sketchy_Racer
18th April 2006, 10:54
Come sit on my seat and then make your decision about whos a nancy boy.

It may as well be a plank of wood its that hard.

Smart arse :lol:

Hitcher
18th April 2006, 10:57
Yes my arse is sore to.
554km over two days? That's just two brief outings where I live. You would need to have done over 1,000km in two days to earn any sympathy from me.

But a big ups from the BDOTGNZA for the correct and appropriate use of "arse".

Sketchy_Racer
18th April 2006, 11:00
Yes fair enough, but you dont ride a tiny little KR150 ....

500 km is a hell of alot on one of em, your welcome to come ride it to see what i mean.

Hitcher
18th April 2006, 11:02
People have completed the Southern Cross Rally on equivalent machines. It's all a matter of having an appropriate mental attitude.

yungatart
18th April 2006, 11:07
People have completed the Southern Cross Rally on equivalent machines. It's all a matter of having an appropriate mental attitude.
And.... buns of steel!

Ixion
18th April 2006, 11:07
And an appropraite cushion :rofl:

Lias
18th April 2006, 14:13
Yes fair enough, but you dont ride a tiny little KR150 ....

500 km is a hell of alot on one of em, your welcome to come ride it to see what i mean.
Pfft you try Hamilton to Wellington in one day on a GN250.. You feel like you've been assraped by the western samoan rugby team.

Coyote
18th April 2006, 14:24
Harden up, nancy-boy:whistle:
You should feel the seat on his KRR though. It rises up a bit before the tank so you're sitting on the edge of this seat all the time. You can move your arse back to the comfier part but you'll only slam yourself against the tank when you hit the anchors

Ixion
18th April 2006, 14:27
Auckland to Wanganui on a Beeza Bantam. and back. Spent the night in the post office box lobby of the Wanga post office. Harden up youse young dudes, tis only us old farts are allowed to complain.

MSTRS
18th April 2006, 14:30
You should feel the seat on his KRR though. It rises up a bit before the tank so you're sitting on the edge of this seat all the time. You can move your arse back to the comfier part but you'll only slam yourself against the tank when you hit the anchors
Pah! You younguns. Not part of your machine yet. And what are these 'anchors' you speak of??:eyepoke:

Coyote
18th April 2006, 14:32
Pah! You younguns. Not part of your machine yet. And what are these 'anchors' you speak of??:eyepoke:
Well I'm not the type that likes solid objects prodding my arse

And the anchors aka brakes are to stop you from getting tickets

hXc
18th April 2006, 14:33

Don't need them. They only slow you down!

MSTRS
18th April 2006, 14:38
Throttle restraint Grasshopper. Brakes are for last resort use. And if you ride your steed correctly, braking will not throw you against the tank. So there :nya:

MSTRS
18th April 2006, 14:40
Don't need them. They only slow you down!
What? Tickets? Need a fair few in your pocket to add enough weight to slow you down.:weird:

hXc
18th April 2006, 14:46
Throttle restraint Grasshopper. Brakes are for last resort use. And if you ride your steed correctly, braking will not throw you against the tank. So there :nya:

Ahhh but father, he has one of those bikes that's missing a cylinder and the other 2 strokes. Oh well, he shall learn:kick:

Coyote
18th April 2006, 15:26
Ahhh but father, he has one of those bikes that's missing a cylinder and the other 2 strokes. Oh well, he shall learn:kick:
Your bike probably burns more oil than mine :lol:

hXc
18th April 2006, 15:45
Wanna bet nigger?:finger:

Sketchy_Racer
18th April 2006, 16:00
Man that was the funniest shit iv heard all day!!:beer:

ducatilover
18th April 2006, 19:30
thatll be good.

oh yeah some bloody plonker on a gixxer was showing me up through some twisties, ill gibe him the learn next time.....;)

MSTRS
19th April 2006, 09:55
....... ill gibe him the learn next time.....;)
R-i-g-h-t........

Jase W
2nd May 2006, 10:48

Highway 50 is nice, but there isn't enough twisty stuff, mainly straights for stretching the beast's legs...

MSTRS
2nd May 2006, 10:55
Highway 50 is nice, but there isn't enough twisty stuff, mainly straights for stretching the beast's legs...
True....better than 2, but not as good as the Patangata road.... plus others - all hard(er) to find.

Jase W
2nd May 2006, 11:35
Yeah i used to always take highway 50 to go see dad in taradale, one day I took SH2 all the way up. Lucky I was in a cage cuz it was boring as...