PDA

View Full Version : Coming home soon

Ducatidean
17th April 2006, 00:35
Hi all..This is my first post here. Well after about 17 years of living in Japan it is time for me to come home. I will be bringing my 03 999 with me and am hoping not to have too many problems with customs.
Also how is the work these days? I am hoping to get into bus driving as it is what I do here..LOL The only white guy to pass the bus test in japan and drive is me..U should see the look on the faces of some of the people I pick up..bloody funny. As I have been away for a really long time am worried about the prices of houses and culture shock. I am from ChCh I just hope not to much has changed. anyway thanks for reading I really look forward to riding with some of you in the near future. And thx in advance for all and any advice.

Dean Mahoney
Kobe, Japan

Jantar
17th April 2006, 00:41
Welcome to the site, and also welcome back to New Zealand.

There haven't been many changes in Christchurch in the last 17 years. The dairy on the corner has new owners, and some idiot has put a great big noisy propeller up on the port hills. :corn: :corn:

Patrick
17th April 2006, 00:42
Welcome back. Should be just like Japan with all the asian faces about these days here in NZ. Couldn't fit a nice near new 1200S Bandit in ya suitcase for me on ya way home could ya?

Brian d marge
17th April 2006, 03:53
Some of us are still in Japan !!!

Stephen

Saitama

Dafe
17th April 2006, 07:40
Welcome home dude.

Not too much to get used too. You may notice that teenagers no longer respect elders as the Govt is anti discipline.

Also, don't develop a medical problem or you'll be in a 10 year waiting list.

Also, The Government stings the taxpayers heavily in every department so they can fund the enormous numbers of non-working refugees and immigrants.

You'll also notice that the Police force has replaced the old Ministry of Transport and we don't have any effective crime fighting department anymore, hence the Police are now known as revenue collectors.

Also, Petrol prices are huge now as the Labour Government has imposed a 70 cent per litre charge on it's citizens, the petrol companies charging about a dollar a litre. Hence petrol now around $1.70 a litre.

Also, over %50 of Maori children in NZ are raised by parents that are receiving some sort of Government benefits.

We also have Pay TV now. If you are elderly and have spent your life contributing to this country, doesn't matter - You can't sit down at home and enjoy a live rugby test match unless you have made good retirement plans. Money making is the order of the day. Also, pension qualifying ages have raised alot since your departure.

Murders are everyday life now. Body's found floating in suitcases etc, typical stuff.
Farmers ring neighbours now if they're being invaded, as the Police don't attend any longer.
Also, the Police send Taxi cabs to pick up distressed assaulted victims and deliver them home.

The worst part is that the Prime Minister Helen Clarke is using New Zealand for her personal benefit. She is immigrating thousands of refugees into NZ so that she looks like a real caring and supportive candidate for the top role in the UN council. Elections to be held later this year.
Problem is, the UN council is totally bullshit. A third-world country powered council that thrives to see first-world countries over-run by their own. and they love Helen Clarke for this.

Out of all the members of Palirament, It turns out that the appointed Minister of Finance for this country (Michael Cullen), has the least amount of investments out of everybody there. He owns his own avergae family home and nothing more.

Unfortunately, Religion is now laughed at by the majority of the country. With the breaking down of morals and ethics in this country, the Church going community is no longer respected. The country no longer holds morality and ethics as values.

The countries elite prestigious male atheletes can be found urinating on their female sibling, fellow atheletes.

Lets not even start about the list of sexual assault charges against the countries top brass Police, that have been given permanent suppression by the government. Previous existing charges and recently new allegations. Permanent suppression having never been allowed for previously.

However, motorcycling is still all good. Just get a fast one otherwise the Govt will catch you and sting you for all they can - via their revenue collectors of course.

Ducatidean
17th April 2006, 13:27
Thank you for the welcome...Geezzzz maybe I am better off here ..NOT.
I have 2 kids 3/5 I think school in NZ would be better than here. cost of living here is a bugger mate..And Stephen ever come up this down this way let me know.

Kiwi

Dafe
17th April 2006, 13:32
No problem - just filling you in. :rolleyes:

Ducatidean
17th April 2006, 15:28
And thanks for all that dafe...Tell ya what will be great to watch the footie.
go hunting and see green grass..LOL Cheers mate

Kiwi

SuperDave
17th April 2006, 15:35
Welcome. Hope you settle well when you get back to NZ.